TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • edubardus
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
    • Sep 2003
    • 797

    #16
    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

    ;_; RIP TWG ;_;

    Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/

    Comment

    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 1206

      #17
      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

      in b4 "Dbp has been found dead."


      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #18
        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

        no one will even talk game theories with me

        Comment

        • StoicRoivaS
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 548

          #19
          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

          If you do not PM me by later tonight, I will proceed to bother you on aim. If you are unfortunate enough to not be on aim at the time, your choice will effective become that of random.org's. You have been warned.
          Like the moon over
          the day, my genius and brawn are
          wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
          -Bowser

          Comment

          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 1206

            #20
            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

            Originally posted by talisman
            no one will even talk game theories with me
            I'll talk game theory with you >_>


            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

              no I know I just meant on the thread.

              also cypher sent me an im today about how the wolves could wolf one of their own to get into the alliance vis a vis what I wrote earlier as a possible plan. but he's not online now so my response to this is: hella ballsy but possible. the more obvious flaw that I just thought of is that the wolves might elect not to kill anyone night one and do a tt killing instead on some other night.

              Comment

              • StoicRoivaS
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 548

                #22
                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                It's now Day 1 and no one has been found dead.

                Day 1 ends Sunday night at 11pm EST


                There are still some random PM things to clear up, but day is now started. Again, you are encouraged to vote for multiple people, numbering your list by 1st lynch choice, 2nd, 3rd, etc. If you would like to keep votes past the first private, you may PM them to me accordingly. Insta-lynch is off for this game due to the nature of it, and you are highly advised to vote and vote multiple times before the deadline is up.

                If you're still not sure how your role works or how an aspect of the game works, please ask me.

                Also recall, I'll be updating the very first post as the game progresses. You can check the entirety of what has happened so far throughout the game there.
                Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 09-7-2007, 11:43 PM.
                Like the moon over
                the day, my genius and brawn are
                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                -Bowser

                Comment

                • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 1206

                  #23
                  Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                  Niiiice


                  Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                  Comment

                  • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 1206

                    #24
                    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                    Oh crap.

                    I just realized that probably means wolves elected to kill someone in the future, not that we got a guard or something.

                    wtg


                    Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                    Comment

                    • DarkManticoreX2
                      TWG Overlord
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 7355

                      #25
                      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                      So If a guard was sucessful would we be informed of it being sucessful? Or would it just go down as noone died?
                      AAA's = 800

                      Originally posted by V
                      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #26
                        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                        Work is boring, Someone post something for me to ponder over, I've pondered through all of talisman's stuff already.
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                          so much pondering so little discussion. or something, I dunno. don't mean to be cranky manticore. I'm really tired from driving 12 hours today and am probably going to go to sleep (in)voluntarily within the next hour so aside from that digression cypher I now see what you mean with the I may have given the wolves an idea thing. Not like it matters probably. if the guardian guarded someone night one then that guarding will still be there if the wolves ever try to go back. or I think that's how it's supposed to work.

                          what would also be hilarious is if the wolves forgot to send a kill in.

                          Comment

                          • StoicRoivaS
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2006
                            • 548

                            #28
                            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                            @ Manti: I like to play my games approximately as "reality" would seem to deem the played, that is, if someone was guarded (a person in the town aiding another) then it's possible/probable that the person aided would realize it, but not necessarily who aided them. So, in short, the thread would not be notified, but it is possible that the guardee would be.

                            @ Talisman: Yes it "works like that". If a TT guardian goes to a night, from any night, then their guardee is "guarded" on that night until something else changes that makes that fact false, i.e. guardian dying on a night previous to the one in which they traveled from or something else.

                            @ Everyone else: It is day now. Feel free to discuss.
                            Like the moon over
                            the day, my genius and brawn are
                            wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                            -Bowser

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #29
                              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                              Ok, so basically we just need the guard not to die.

                              I'll throw my two cents in then since nobody is on AIM. I don't see traveling to the future as a highly productive strategy. If we end up lynching said player, the wolving/guarding/whatever else doesn't happen, and the kill / whatever is lost. It seems like it would be loads more productive to kill people in the past, especially in the case of a close vote.

                              Hypothetical (say fiction have 5 votes and mamimi has 4), Fiction is a wolf though, and fiction dies. The wolves travel to the night before fiction died, kill anyone who voted for him. The new result makes that same vote a KitB, in which fiction may now live.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • X3R0H0UR
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 540

                                #30
                                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                                I first want everyone to know I have no special role what-so-ever so I don't really understand the TT roles all that well. But, I would like to propose that going into the future could be useful. If the guard could determine a point when it would be prudent to guard someone important, but they know they will be dead, guarding into the future should work. If stoic sees it the way I do, if the guard goes into the future on night 3 and guards say tali on night 5, but he dies on night 4, he need not be alive for the guarding to go through because it is his day 3 self that would be doing the guarding before returning to his time.

                                This isn't actually a good enough situation, but a sample of how future travel could be useful. Essentially its like playing from beyond the grave if you have a reason to know you're going to die, or have reason to sacrifice yourself.

                                Maybe thats less useful than I think right now, someone can explain why. This does become less prudent when the past is more relevant than the future.
                                Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                                Comment

                                Working...