TWG XL: Mall Madness

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #166
    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

    Originally posted by nforcer06164
    ap has acted from the start of of this game as though the SK is a fact of life, and we actually need him for a human victory.
    Are you referring to the "get SK to kill sert for us" idea? This was a VERY good idea, and in doing so, it would have given us an extra lynch, but SOME ****ING RETARDS decided to lynch sert anyway.

    I think the smart thing to do would've been to start searching for the SK right away.
    I already mentioned above: the SK is totally human in every way. The only way that he differs from humans are that humans want SK dead as soon as possible.

    And, let me spell this out completely here:

    Situation number 1:
    Sert is lynched day 1 and the wolf count is brought down to 3. This leads to the wolves almost certainly killing a human (assuming random choice: 1/12) on night 2. This also leads to SK probably killing a human (3/4 chance, assuming random choice) on night 2. Short version: a wolf is killed day one, then two humans are killed night 2.

    Now, look at the instance of us NOT lynching sert.
    Statistics say that day 1 lynch would probably have been human, but there are also chances that it could be wolf or SK (I'm not going to throw out probability here at all, because lynch choices are FAR from random). This would have the wolves attacking a human at a chance slightly higher than 1/10. This would also lead to SK killing sert. Short version: A possible red is killed day 1 and a human and a wolf are killed night 2.

    So really, ap saying "we need to keep sert alive" is really saying "we need to maximize our potential to kill wolves by using this role that would otherwise cripple us." I don't get what exactly is meant by "ap has acted from the start of of this game as though the SK is a fact of life, and we actually need him for a human victory." Obviously, we don't need him for a victory, but why not use him if we can?

    Comment

    • iggymatrixcounter
      FFR Veteran
      • Nov 2003
      • 1924

      #167
      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

      So if you guys are so bent on ap being the SK, let the wolves attack him. He won't die because humans > wolves. And we will KNOW if he was the SK.

      If the real SK isn't ap then after ap dies, I can see the real SK not killing anymore just so people will believe that ap was the SK.

      People posted that humans would have a chance if the SK (ap) was dead. But you guys are really missing what happens if we're wrong. We would be killing the most active person, the most helpful person, and the most influential person in this game. We would be losing so much power that it's not worth the risk. Just get one of the other bad guys.

      nforcer Your lack of optimizism for this game is pathetic. You act like humans have no chance of winning. And yet you, as a human, don't know what will happen tomorrow or with a lucky lynch or anything. To me that tells me you have control over the outcome of the game. Saying the the best strategy for the wolves is to wolf the seer is the most hurtful thing you could have said. You've been vendetting against ap practically this whole game and now have brought other people to listen to your garbage. You throw in facts about how burdensome the SK is to the humans, then you throw in the fact that AP must be the SK with, IMO, minor evidence that completely misses the big picture.
      lastfm
      PANDORA

      Comment

      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 1206

        #168
        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
        So if you guys are so bent on ap being the SK, let the wolves attack him. He won't die because humans > wolves. And we will KNOW if he was the SK.

        If the real SK isn't ap then after ap dies, I can see the real SK not killing anymore just so people will believe that ap was the SK.
        So you're in charge for getting the wolves to do just what we want. Go ahead, I bet it'll be an easy task.


        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

        Comment

        • nforcer06164
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 4772

          #169
          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
          If the real SK isn't ap then after ap dies, I can see the real SK not killing anymore just so people will believe that ap was the SK.
          Yeah, because it's really advantageous for the SK to reduce his chances of winning just to make us think we're right. Tell me, what does the SK have to gain from that except less of a chance for his own victory?

          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
          People posted that humans would have a chance if the SK (ap) was dead. But you guys are really missing what happens if we're wrong. We would be killing the most active person, the most helpful person, and the most influential person in this game. We would be losing so much power that it's not worth the risk. Just get one of the other bad guys.
          We'd also be killing the most bullheaded person that only wants to off those that question him. Are you telling me you don't see something fishy about that? The only power we'd lose is the power to post those crazy numbers from Day 1. We're not idiots. We could've very well come up with what he did. You're suggesting that we have absolutely no chance of forming strategy without ap. You might need him to hold your hand and make you feel safe. I don't, and I'm sure many others agree with me.

          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
          You act like humans have no chance of winning. And yet you, as a human, don't know what will happen tomorrow or with a lucky lynch or anything. To me that tells me you have control over the outcome of the game.
          Because suggesting something means it's going to happen? You deny the fact that we're in a dire situation right now and that if we don't do something right, we're practically dead. Think, man. Even if we lynch a wolf today, we're left with 10 players the next day. We have only two opportunities to screw up. And, if you've played in past TWGs, you know very well that we need a lot of room for error. We don't have that room this game.

          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
          Saying the the best strategy for the wolves is to wolf the seer is the most hurtful thing you could have said.
          Well boo-hoo-hoo for stating the obvious. What are you, stupid? Would you prefer ap said it? Would a 100% true statement be more true to you coming from him?

          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
          You've been vendetting against ap practically this whole game and now have brought other people to listen to your garbage. You throw in facts about how burdensome the SK is to the humans, then you throw in the fact that AP must be the SK with, IMO, minor evidence that completely misses the big picture.
          HAHAHAHA. I never said he was. I can't be sure he is. Nobody can be sure of anything. We post what we know, we draw conclusions from what we can see, and go from there. Surely you know this by now. I think he's the serial killer. That's why I'm voting for him.

          I think our best bet is to kill the serial killer. If you guys disagree with me, fine. Don't vote for ap if you don't think he is. Don't go for the serial killer. Go with the "kill the wolves, ignore the SK" strategy. The point is, I'm thinking independently, but I think I'm doing what's best for the team. If you think I'm the idiot, that's your business. But, I ask that you actually do think first.

          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

          Originally posted by Squeek
          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

          Comment

          • nijatwo
            FFR Player
            • May 2006
            • 312

            #170
            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

            I talked with Fojar briefly today and he said a few things which reminded me that if it ends like last game (3 players, or even 5), I'd rather have humans and a wolf than humans and the sk. It's definately easier to look back for patterns among 3/4 people than it is 1 person.
            Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
            Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

            Comment

            • x3Mamimi
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2006
              • 513

              #171
              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

              Alright, I know this will eventually get me lynched or killed at night, but, I know who the sk is.

              They are willing to kill who we want them to.

              Also woth noting, ap (that's bold) has listed the kills backwards BOTH times. the sk kills were chromer n1 and talisman n2.

              I'm most likely going to get wolfed, and that'll prove that I'm not the sk, and if I don't get wolfed and everyone kills me, then oh well. (actually in this case I think the sk is going to go for a personal win)

              Really out of order here. The reason they're going to help us is because the game is SO unbalanced, and they didn't mean to take out our guardian, that pretty much ****ed us unless the sk either stops playing or works with us.

              Sorry for being rushed/whatever, I'm about to head out and wanted to get a vote out before nightfall.
              jwcgator: mah mee mee
              merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

              Comment

              • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 1206

                #172
                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                HAHAHAHA, OH WOW.

                That was me on the wrong account. Lol.


                Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                Comment

                • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 1206

                  #173
                  Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                  also, we need to vote for the sk kill or something as well.


                  Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                  Comment

                  • nijatwo
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2006
                    • 312

                    #174
                    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                    who the hell are you?
                    Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
                    Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

                    Comment

                    • nijatwo
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 312

                      #175
                      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                      ohsnap.
                      Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
                      Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

                      Comment

                      • FoJaR
                        The Worst
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 2816

                        #176
                        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                        what the hell??

                        this raises some serious questions.

                        1. who is the SK.

                        2. why would they come to you?

                        3. what the hell?

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #177
                          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          @kilga: I read your post after I already typed this post up, but my block up there in response to iggy can easily apply to your post as well. If we lynch ap, we'd probably be doing it because of a belief that he's the SK.
                          If ap's getting votes for SK suspicions, people shouldn't spit out cardflip lines because his would still come up green even if folks are right.

                          I realize this is merely semantics, but look at how large semantics became last game. >_>

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          ps I just remembered something. ap was campaigning for sert's lynch right? By the end of the day he was totally against it hahahaha
                          That was because of the plan you produced and I refined.

                          Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                          If the real SK isn't ap then after ap dies, I can see the real SK not killing anymore just so people will believe that ap was the SK.
                          Can the SK really stop nightly kill production? o_O

                          Also, where are Hans and Rioting?
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • rioting
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 113

                            #178
                            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                            Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                            Also, where are Hans and Rioting?
                            Well I can't speak for Hans or any other MIA player, but I'm right here trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

                            First the kills. No need to go into how much having a second blue dead sucks other than I dont think we can expect the seer to be around much longer. Then there's jwc. ??? I don't understand that kill and the best I can come up with is that we're supposed to be confused...?

                            Then there's the whole thing about ap. To me, he's never seemed anything but human especially considering how he called out sertman. But then again, him being SK isn't all that hard to believe. I was thinking that a little while ago, and with all these posts about him, obviously I was not alone. But the whole thing raises another question about whether we should even kill the SK if we think we know who it is. To me, the answer seems to be yes. As someone pointed out much earlier in the thread, killing the SK effectively cuts the night kills in HALF which is pretty significant and a very strong reason to support it. But then we would have to be confident we're actually going after the real SK. As I think iggy said, ap is one of the best assets to the human cause we have right now and losing him would be a bad loss. So I would suggest that before anyone votes to lynch him, make sure you feel confident you've got the SK.

                            Next, DBP has confused me with his recent posts

                            Originally posted by DBP
                            I'm most likely going to get wolfed, and that'll prove that I'm not the sk
                            DBP has always seemed to me to be a human player but now I'm a little confused. I'm not sure how it is that he can know who the SK is. Or how he knows he's the "most likely going to get wolfed". And if they did kill him, how are we supposed to know that it was them and not the serial killer? (Though he claims to know which killer was responsible for each of the night kills...?)

                            There are a lot of other people I could comment on but I'm working on finding evidence to support or refute my intuitions. One of which being Afro whom I've been suspicious of since he went off at me, but recently I've agreed with a number of his arguments and I'm not as sure as I was previously. This next lynching is probably going to be tough again and right now I'm leaning towards ap but I'm not ready to make that decision yet.
                            sigpic Without irony, this signature wouldn't be funny.

                            Comment

                            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 1206

                              #179
                              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                              Everyone hit me up on aim, I can actually talk now.


                              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                              Comment

                              • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 1206

                                #180
                                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                                for clarification,
                                If I were the sk I wouldn't do this, I'd lose.
                                If I were a wolf and I knew the sk, I wouldn't post, I'd just wait til endgame and kill them.
                                If I were a wolf making this up, I wouldn't be able to hold true to the getting who we choose killed tonight (by the sk). The only thing is if I were a wolf and just wolf whoever the thread says, but that'd be suicide for the wolves to do that.

                                In other words, there's no logical reason for me to be anything other than a green knowing the identity of the sk.


                                Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                                Comment

                                Working...