TWG XL: Mall Madness

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jwcgator
    RIP ffrtokens
    • May 2005
    • 2221

    #151
    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

    Originally posted by xObserveRx
    jwcgator has been killed. He was GREEN.
    Not funny.

    PS Thanks, this is the first time I've ever died in The Wolf Game\

    PPS I don't get any sweet deals at the mall
    Last edited by jwcgator; 01-10-2007, 03:57 PM.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #152
      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

      Originally posted by nforcer06164
      See, you, Afrobean, above all have been humping ap since the beginning.
      Haha.

      When was this? I think I must have missed it. Maybe you're talking about the "dont lynch sert" thing. I was actually the first one to bring that up thank you very much, and I honestly don't see how me backing the action with additional benefits that I had overlooked is bad at all.

      Maybe you're thinking of the whole "hey ap's idea is a good one ps discussing it doesn't matter anymore anyway because the seer is already out" thing. That's "humping"?

      Originally posted by ap
      He was the only person I discussed the possibility of talisman being blue with.
      And Talisman could never have been killed just because he's considered a good player, right? In every game he's never killed around night 2, right? I mean, there's no way that the wolves (or possibly SK) could have looked at talisman and thought "hmm... Talisman is a good player and he is human. If left alive, he could be a lot of help to the team." Honestly, I'm not surprised at all that Talisman was killed, even ignoring the possibility that a wolf may have figured out that Talisman might have been blue.
      Originally posted by ap
      it was really obvious he was blue by the end of the day,
      It was really obvious? Then why does it matter if DBP was the only one you mentioned it to? Either way, it's irrelevent anyway, since you already mentioned nforcer... If nforcer is a wolf and DBP isn't, you're barking up the wrong tree. And if it was that obvious too, then anyone could have picked up on it, right?

      Comment

      • nijatwo
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 312

        #153
        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

        The only thing informative in that entire post was that you made it clear you've got nothing at the moment, and the best you can do is pull for reactions. At the moment, AP is coming off as painfully human in my book and you look like you're trying to give him guilt-by-association by pretending to be retarded. I know you're smarter than that =/
        Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
        Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

        Comment

        • nijatwo
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 312

          #154
          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

          ps @ afro
          Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
          Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #155
            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

            aperson, I've had only one conversation with you. And if you decide to lead your sheep and lynch me, good luck winning the game. I'm sure you'll feel really smart when my card is flipped.

            No. You know what, aperson? You're an ignorant jackass, and I'm sick of your banter. Your yelling and screaming about who the wolves definitely are is starting to piss me off. I'd welcome evidence that I'm a wolf, but sadly, there isn't any. Your attack on DBP is poorly founded as well.

            Just because me and DBP are the only one to question you and your methods, we're wolves? Laughable. We're the only two with enough balls to stand up to you. You don't offer any chance for a counter-argument; you're right, and anyone that suggests otherwise is a jackass, eh? Figuring that, I suppose that since everyone else seems to be on your side, you'd concoct something to shut us up, right? I want everyone to think long and hard about this before you mindlessly follow aperson. But for now, it's good enough for me.

            aperson.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #156
              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

              Originally posted by nforcer06164
              Just because me and DBP are the only one to question you and your methods, we're wolves?
              Do you even read my posts or do you just hallucinate up a post and attribute it to me? Every time ap has posted anything which was off, I called him on it. Hell, I called him on his use of subjective numbers to come up with stats before you even did.

              ps good job of ignoring my question of what exactly it is I did that constituted "humping ap"

              @nija: I'm not sure what you're getting at there... The post to which you're referring served 2 purposes:
              #1: Question nforcer on what the hell he was talking about.
              #2: point out that ap's claims against DBP/nforcer are relatively unjustified in this instance (ie "i told them talisman was blue and he died so obviously they did it") and moreover to point out that talisman is often killed early in games just because of who he is and that it could easily have been pure luck for the wolves to have hit a blue.

              And actually, I probably wouldn't mind seeing aperson lynched now that I think about it... That is to say, I'm not totally sure what to think about him and seeing his card flipped would be nice. I don't think I'd actually actively vote for him, but I honestly wouldn't protest if he were to be lynched. Also, I got a weird feeling from him day 1, but I figured it was because he was blue (take a look at his posts just before the seer came out... I figured he was the guardian or something and was frustrated that the seer hadn't gone through with his plan yet). Obviously, this is not the case.
              Last edited by Afrobean; 01-10-2007, 08:55 PM. Reason: "everytime" is definitely not a real word

              Comment

              • nforcer06164
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2003
                • 4772

                #157
                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                Afro, I was pretty upset at the time I wrote that post. I actually left it with DBP in case I died. I skimmed through the thread and it seemed like you always were at least mildly agreeing with ap. Maybe I was wrong? I guess I'm so mad at ap right now that anyone that seems to blindly agree with him sets off alarm bells.

                PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                Originally posted by Squeek
                My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                Comment

                • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 1206

                  #158
                  Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                  I didn't notice that pm until now, wow.

                  Also, I know this will seemed biased because I'm involved, but ap seems SOO suspicious right now.


                  Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #159
                    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                    Wow you guys need to down the vendettas and look at some facts.

                    Let's assume ap IS a wolf for just a sec:
                    -he effectively started a solid basis for an alliance to form despite the lose of a blue.
                    -he bashed the crap out of sertman, voted him, and was confirmed on his findings ON DAY1. Was your evidence better than what he came up with?
                    -As far as I know, he's probably the most active person on this thread, and his activity is concise, worthy material that doesn't talk in circles or restate an idea over and over.

                    Now I'm not saying ap couldn't be a wolf, but if he is a wolf, he's the best human asset so far this game IMO. The consequences for lynching him and being wrong is far more destructive than the benefits of lynching him and being right.

                    Don't let your personal feelings get into the way of what should be done. So ap is a jerk, get over it.

                    It may just be that nforcer is mad and overreacting but I think he's the SK. He challenges the thread to lynch him so his card will flip, but he could easily be the SK. (does MW get flipped red or green?) So when he says that, IMO, he's either REALLY set on ap (but with only 1 conversation with him I doubt that's really the case) or he just wants to throw a lot of doubt and guilt into the air.

                    @disco: throw out a statement like ap is suspicious and don't back it up? How does he look suspicious? Why now instead of before? Is there something behind your suspicion or are you trying to save yourself? Your statement merits no credit whatsoever when you provide nothing to back it up. (Even ap gave something as to why his suspicions were valid, where's your evidence other than, "he voted me")

                    I personally don't find ap suspicious at all because, IMO, if AP is suspicious then kagome is suspicious. If ap is behind the killing of the blues, then kagome would have a hand in it since he would be the one holding that info. Other than that I don't see how ap could be suspicious.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #160
                      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                      Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                      stuff
                      nforcer and afro pretty much explained why I think ap is suspicious, sorry for not making that clear. (my 1 AM logic isn't the best)


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 1206

                        #161
                        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                        Alright just looked again and maybe it was just nforcer. I need to sleep.


                        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                        Comment

                        • FoJaR
                          The Worst
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 2816

                          #162
                          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                          if anything, i see AP as the SK, not a red, but he could very well be the SK.

                          he's bold enough to really get out there and push votes around, especially knowing that he would be seered green.

                          like afro, i wouldnt mind seeing aperson gone just to see the color of his card, but unlike afro, in the right circumstances i might be willing to vote for him.

                          Comment

                          • Kilgamayan
                            Super Scooter Happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 6583

                            #163
                            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                            Well durhurhur I want to see everybody's card flipped because then I'd know who to vote for!

                            What the hell is going on here? I'd love to see ap's card flipped but I sure as hell don't want to go through the motions necessary to get it done because ap has done more useful stuff than everyone that "wants to see his card flipped" combined and if we win he'll be a big reason. He can't be blue unless Kagome is lying and his post attacking sertman makes it nearly impossible to build up a red case against him, so I don't know how you guys could expect to see anything but green come up if he dies.
                            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #164
                              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                              Originally posted by nforcer06164
                              Afro, I was pretty upset at the time I wrote that post. I actually left it with DBP in case I died. I skimmed through the thread and it seemed like you always were at least mildly agreeing with ap. Maybe I was wrong? I guess I'm so mad at ap right now that anyone that seems to blindly agree with him sets off alarm bells.
                              It's not really blindly agreeing. It's more of a "he seems to have quite a good idea in this instance, so I'll agree with it, even though some of the other things he has said were pretty out there" type of thing.

                              Originally posted by iggy
                              The consequences for lynching him and being wrong is far more destructive than the benefits of lynching him and being right.
                              I do believe someone already brought up that if aperson is worth lynching, it's far more likely that he's the SK. Remember: the SK wants the wolves dead as well, so the SK would be working for the lynching of wolves just as seriously as any human.

                              And remember: we kill the SK and the two kills per night thing stops and we might actually have a chance at winning.

                              So yeah... I just came to a realization. The SK is the most important person for us to lynch, but they're human. Not only are they "green", but they also are trying to kill wolves. Not only are they trying to kill wolves, but they would want us to lynch wolves during the day. Not only all that, but they would actually want the blues alive (well maybe not guardian... guardian can stop SK kill, right?). So basically, we have a completely human player who is acting completely human who we need to kill.

                              Originally posted by iggy
                              Even ap gave something as to why his suspicions were valid,
                              I already pointed out why ap's reason he posted today was almost totally worthless. "dur hur he was the only one I told (except for this other person I am accusing blindly named nforcer). ps it was easy for me to figure out, but no one else could have figured it out. oh and also ignore the fact that talisman would have made a decent kill just because he was human."

                              @kilga: I read your post after I already typed this post up, but my block up there in response to iggy can easily apply to your post as well. If we lynch ap, we'd probably be doing it because of a belief that he's the SK.

                              ps I just remembered something. ap was campaigning for sert's lynch right? By the end of the day he was totally against it hahahaha

                              Comment

                              • nforcer06164
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2003
                                • 4772

                                #165
                                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                                I've had a hunch since the end of Day 1 that ap was the SK. It's probably more of a gut feeling. Still, I can't help but think that some of his strategy supports an SK win more than anything.

                                I mean, consider this: he suggests we keep the SK alive as long as possible to help us off wolves. Well, we have to remember that there's a hell of a lot more humans than wolves in this game. What's the main point of the game for the humans? To kill the wolves, of course. But, with two kills a night and the humans outnumbering the wolves in a ratio of 3:1 (not counting the SK), the chances of the SK hitting a wolf, whether he's trying to or not, is 1/3. That means that he's (obviously) got a 2/3 chance of killing a human, and basically loses us one extra day in taking care of the wolves. Honestly, we've lost extra days now because of two kills a night. So far, all humans.

                                Night 1: 2 kills
                                Day 1: 1 death
                                Night 2: 2 kills

                                18-5 = 13

                                If it continues, we'll be down to 10 by the start of Day 3, and then 7 by the start of Day 4. That's an inevitable human loss if one of those deaths is not a wolf, which is very likely.

                                In a normal game, deaths would be 1-1. So, imagine there's 4 wolves in a different, standard game with 18 players. We're down to 10 players by the end of Day 4. That's two extra days of strategy and discussion that leads us closer to finding wolves. Even if we hadn't found a wolf yet, we'd still have plenty of information to work with.

                                This game, we've gotten almost nothing accomplished because we spent all of Day 1 discussing a strategy that no longer pertains to our current situation. Face it; we got lucky offing a wolf in our first lynch because of Kagome's pick. The seer is inevitably dead for tomorrow, because no smart wolf team would leave the seer alive with a sure-fire kill; that goes without saying.

                                At this point, we are so much better off killing the SK. Why? It eliminates two deaths a night, two deaths which will 2/3 of the time kill a human. It gives us much more time to find the wolves. It gives us extra days of information to work with. Hell, it actually gives us a chance to win this game!

                                Actually, since the start of this post, I've convinced myself. ap has acted from the start of of this game as though the SK is a fact of life, and we actually need him for a human victory. With 4 wolves and 14 humans, no SK, this game would be such a dire situation for us. I think the smart thing to do would've been to start searching for the SK right away. The fact that ap ignored this simple fact convinces me more and more that is, in fact, the serial killer. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but was there any plan to kill the SK at some point in anything he said?

                                I think I've justified my vote beyond simple anger at ap's ignorance.

                                PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                                Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                                Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                                Originally posted by Squeek
                                My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                                Comment

                                Working...