TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JurseyRider734
    lil j the bad b-word
    • Aug 2003
    • 7509

    #226
    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

    I uh...sort of understand what Kilga posted. I got sort of lost on the 2nd paragraph. But what's the point of it? I mean...you're just telling us to guard ourselves for the rest of the game?
    Originally posted by Arch0wl
    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #227
      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

      Naw, he's just sayin'. You know, for sayin's sake.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #228
        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

        Jurs. Kilga is the host. He doesn't tell us anything.

        All he did was resolve the mathematical conflict that Stoic had... aka, Stoic's math was wrong, and it took Kilga's post to make him realize it. Despite myself and ap telling him otherwise.
        RIP

        Comment

        • JurseyRider734
          lil j the bad b-word
          • Aug 2003
          • 7509

          #229
          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

          Oh. Right.
          Originally posted by Arch0wl
          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #230
            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
            nobody is in favor of cypher giving us who to guard... because of the stuff you listed. which is all stuff I listed right after it was suggested.

            what we ARE in favor of is giving cypher OUR picks from the past. the data could prove useful, and it has zero downside. especially helpful is knowing who guarded kefit.
            Actually, stoic is in favor of it. That's what he meant by saying I'm "too shortsighted." Basically, he couldn't disprove anything I said about it being stupid and instead decided to attempt to insult me without real reason.

            In fact, I'd go so far as to say that stoic is in the classic position of a player pushing for a plan which gains the humans nothing and the wolves everything by giving broken logic saying that it helps humans.

            you're just telling us to guard ourselves for the rest of the game?
            Unless you're a player who is likely to get wolfed, this is stupid. Everyone who may get wolfed, feel free to vote for yourself, but people who are basically guaranteed not to get wolfed (ie lower tier people who are never really wolfed, people who have a look which indicates they may be lynched in the following days) should vote to guard someone else. This will drastically increase the chances of guardings (would another guard even offset endgame?).

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #231
              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

              If we got a 2nd guard, it would push back the endgame a day. That is assuming the vigi did not kill anyone.
              RIP

              Comment

              • MilfeulleSakuraba
                Ryoko Shintani is #1!
                • Feb 2006
                • 403

                #232
                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                My NUMBERZ post was made purely to clear up a probability discussion that I had been asked to clear up. It has no real bearing on the game as it contains no new information (aside from some odds that you guys could've worked out on your own).

                Comment

                • Omeganitros
                  auauauau
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 8897

                  #233
                  Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                  Soooo....


                  Let's....Start.....Talking.....

                  Comment

                  • blahblah18
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 1662

                    #234
                    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                    logic.. why kefit.. what leaps to mind are 2 possibilities and I know this is sowing the seeds of mistrust but its how i feel... I see 2 options

                    1. Myself AP and Tass all look suspicious enough that the thought is we can be killed during the day which is of course vastly beneficial so they wanted ot take Kefit out in case he wakes up and decides to start playing because he is very intelligent and really worth taking out.

                    2. Kefit is a wolf, realized he had no time to play, hence his practically not posting at all during day 1 and saying hey guys i've really got no time commitment, let's all vote me for guarding and give it a whirl.

                    None of these solutions really work for me, but if anyone else has any other ideas....
                    but for now... postCount++

                    Comment

                    • FishFishRevolution
                      GotR Creator
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 7251

                      #235
                      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                      I called Tass today, and am more confident than ever about my stance on his humanity.

                      Comment

                      • StoicRoivaS
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 548

                        #236
                        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                        I'm only in favor of the idea if enough people were, which is quite obviously an outstanding no. Afro got the shortsighted comment because his post back on page 11 was basically reitterating a plan that I thought was agreed upon as bad, for the resons he points out, again. Hence, a different idea, and more importantly, an unknown idea, but whatever. No one cares so I'm dropping it, as I said I would.

                        Blah, what is the purpose of your #1 exactly. If the choice is to wolf someone who may start playing [well] or pick between 3 players who are already playing [well], what would ever be the reason to go with the first choice, especially when the other 3 players are generally "better" players than the first in question. To me, #1 is kind of null and void. #2 seems a little more likely but still quite out there. The situation I find most likely would be the one in which the wolves go for the best safe kill. Yourself, Tass, and ap will probably be getting a few [guard] votes each until you're no longer alive, but it seems that kefit may get slightly less, although still some. This is my impression at least. So it makes far more sense to think that the wolves went for a slightly safer kill of a still very skilled player. Of course this should be quite obvious, but I felt it strange that you failed to mention this idea, as it seems the most likely by far, to me. Take care.
                        Like the moon over
                        the day, my genius and brawn are
                        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                        -Bowser

                        Comment

                        • aperson
                          FFR Hall of Fame
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 3434

                          #237
                          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                          Okay since no one else is standing up for anything and making everything blatantly clear.


                          HEY FAGETS, SEND YOUR GUARD PICKS FROM LAST NIGHT TO CYPHERTOORIMA

                          Also, I talked to blah about this, and I'm really not sure about the kefit as a wolf stance. Really, I know he'd be the kind to try something like this if he wasn't interested in the game... But honestly I don't think he'd go for it with the odds that low. Besides that, then, why did the wolves go for him and why did he have guard votes on him?

                          Oh, and while we're at it, I'm feeling somewhat confident about this one:
                          Fish

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #238
                            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                            ******.... at least spell correctly in your insults.



                            Also... WHERE IS EVERYONE? Can we hear from Flypie, Jurs, TPS, Guido, etc etc etc?
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • StoicRoivaS
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 548

                              #239
                              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                              Tps, lol.
                              Like the moon over
                              the day, my genius and brawn are
                              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                              -Bowser

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7509

                                #240
                                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                                ******.... at least spell correctly in your insults.



                                Also... WHERE IS EVERYONE? Can we hear from Flypie, Jurs, TPS, Guido, etc etc etc?


                                Uh...I usually can't get on the computer until around 2 or 3 pm on most days for now. I was up late last night and I checked the thread, and nothing new has been posted since then from what I can tell. I sent Cypher my guard pick and that's it. What do you want me to do, copy and paste other peoples' posts to make my own? The activity here isn't really what I would call "bustling", and no one's IM'd me or anything like that.
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...