TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StoicRoivaS
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 548

    #331
    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

    Originally posted by Kefit
    when does day end
    ROFL

    That wins the best death post I've ever seen award.
    Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn are
    wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
    -Bowser

    Comment

    • flypie743
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2004
      • 3210

      #332
      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

      I did privately message Cypher almost as soon as the thread was updated. I didn't see a huge risk of posting that I guarded Kefit in the thread and thought it would get conversation stirring (which I guess it did). I knew there was a chance that people could see this as wolfy, ah well this game is about trust.

      IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

      Comment

      • StoicRoivaS
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 548

        #333
        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

        Then have cypher verify it for you. I'm not positive but I'd assume PMs have a time stamp... *goes to check* Yes they do. So if Cypher wants to confirm that he got a PM claiming that you guarded Kefit on 8-11-06 around 10:02 pm (or whatever the local time stamp is on Kilga's post #208 for Cypher) then maybe we can drop some suspicion on you, but I'll agree, coming to the forum so late makes you look a bit bad, whether you're telling the truth or not. It would have been better to come early or not at all. Peace.
        Like the moon over
        the day, my genius and brawn are
        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
        -Bowser

        Comment

        • flypie743
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2004
          • 3210

          #334
          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

          According to my timestamps (that I haven't set correctly to my timezone) Kilga updated the thread with Kefit's at 2:02 AM and I sent my PM to Cypher at 2:43 AM telling him I guarded Kefit. I'll PM Cypher and have him come verify this.

          EDIT: just fixed my timestamps so now its 10:02 and 10:43 EST.
          Last edited by flypie743; 08-14-2006, 11:10 PM.

          IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #335
            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

            FishFishRevolution: seems as though he's ok in ap's eyes. That's enough for him to be lowered in my eyes if for no other reason than that. Then there's the fact that I can't even think of one thing fish has done at all. That's not good.

            GuidoHunter: Doesn't stick out in my mind either.

            JurseyRider734: Did that stupid thing of thinking Kefit was dead. I guess she's right now... Could go both ways...

            flypie743: came out that she had voted to guard kefit. Claiming guarding on a guarded person is not exclusive to wolves or humans. The trully bad thing is that flypie openly posted about it, even after it was declared that it's best to keep things hidden. I'm still waiting on actual numbers for how many people came to cypher saying that they voted kefit.

            CypherToorima: Probably the last wolf in the "tass, shash, xxx" trio. His claim of being the bane is highly suspect, and personally, I don't trust it at all.

            StoicRoivaS: Pressed the terrible as hell idea of forced guard choices. It obviously helps the wolves more. The thing that doesn't make any sense is that the help that he was trying to give the wolves was essentially useless as proven by last night's kill. That means that he was trying to help the wolves without realizing it didn't help the wolves really at all. The truth is that lottery guardings are essentially useless, especially as it gets later in the game. In short, ~5 people guarding one person doesn't make the wolves shy away from killing a person. The fact that the wolf (or possibly wolves) attacked someone knowing that there was a good chance that quite a few people would be guarding him leads me to believe that the wolves had come to the same conclusion as me, and that inclines me to believe that the chances of stoic being a wolf are much less. Basically, stoic had a bad understanding of the usefulness of guards, while the wolf/wolves seem to have a good understanding of how strong (or really, weak) guards are.

            blahblah18: See Guido. Was he in tight with ap too? I don't know.

            Omeganitros: Has made many open comments about people acting like him while he's a wolf. I do not recall him ever doing this before. This could be a new tactic as a wolf as to avoid being his normal "i'll post ms pictures" wolf self by commenting on other people acting like him as he would as wolf.

            aperson: I think we should lynch him immediately.

            Afrobean: *insert joke about lynching person whom I know to be human*

            Wilkin: Has he been up to his normal objective comments about everyone else? I honestly don't know. He too has not stuck out at all in my mind.

            I just realized after typing this up that basically everyone is a wolf in one way or another. Some of them are overtly wolfy in some way (omega, stoic, flypie, etc) and others by being so passive (guido, fish wilkin, etc).

            How many days is it until endgame with all three wolves alive?

            Also: I made a point in my comment about stoic: Guards are basically useless and the wolves apparently know this. Because of this, we need to put all votes on ap tonight. No reverse psych bull****. We want to keep ap alive. We keep ap alive until the last day and it's basically a guaranteed win.

            Again, if ap dies tomorrow, I am seriously going to rape you all. Kefit dying had a legit excuse of votes being split, but now we have nothing. Honestly, I swear, it. If you all don't guard ap tomorrow I will blugeon you all to death with a large blunt weapon.

            Comment

            • MilfeulleSakuraba
              Ryoko Shintani is #1!
              • Feb 2006
              • 403

              #336
              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              How many days is it until endgame with all three wolves alive?
              Assuming no further guardings, Day 5 will end with 6 people left alive, so if there's still 3 wolves remaining at that point that'll be the end.

              Comment

              • FishFishRevolution
                GotR Creator
                • Nov 2003
                • 7251

                #337
                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                Tass is still looking really...oh. I guess I'll read the thread.

                In all seriousness, I get off work today at around 8PM, which puts me home just before 9PM. I should have a good amount of time to review the thread and get back on with this game tonight. Also, if anyone wants to compare, flypie was a wolf in TWG XVIII.

                EDIT: my history links were messed up, got it fixed

                it used to link to XVII
                Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 08-15-2006, 07:50 AM.

                Comment

                • flypie743
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3210

                  #338
                  Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                  Fish, the game you just linked to I wasn't even playing in :P
                  I was a wolf in TWG XVII

                  IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                  Comment

                  • FishFishRevolution
                    GotR Creator
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 7251

                    #339
                    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                    oh I linked to XVII, my bad; your link is the same as mine flypie, rofl

                    Comment

                    • flypie743
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 3210

                      #340
                      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                      Lmao, I guess the link is wrong in the History Page.


                      HERE'S THE RIGHT ONE.

                      IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #341
                        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                        I'm going to go out on a limb and throw my vote to omega.

                        This business with flypie doesn't bode well with me. Humans go out of their way to look human, too.

                        Comment

                        • Omeganitros
                          auauauau
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8897

                          #342
                          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                          Afrobean: While we're at it, don't forget I've commented myself that I've been kinda like my wolfy self (TWG Chat), because when I'm a wolf and NOT being goofy, all I do is defend people and give reasons for why they're not wolves (which is so easy since I know who the wolves are).
                          Essentially, that what I was trying to do for Tasselfoot whenever people were suspicious of him, only everything I was going to say was already said by one player or another. It took me a long time before I figured out the reasoning for lynching Tass on Day 2, and by that time I just didn't bother changing my vote off Fish.

                          However, if I were a wolf, I wouldn't have made that post about Guido and just voted him and said "Well, I know he can be an inactive human, but he makes a great silent wolf too." Guido would have been my perfect choice, because (A) I get to vote someone with fair reasons, and (B) it takes a neutral side on the "Tass Human Vs Tass Wolf" debate, neither for or against, which keeps me out of the spotlight.
                          Also, assuming Tass and Shash are wolves and aperson's theory is right (Tass tells Shash to stfu, but Shash doesn't and tries to defend Tass), and assuming I am the final wolf, I think I would have told Shash on AIM to not do anything drastic and stay quiet, especially when the other people I were talking to on AIM were starting to comment on how suspicious he was.

                          Aaand that's how it would be, if I were a wolf.


                          Regarding flypie: She's the #1 person I talk to on AIM about TWG, (but that doesn't mean much because I can't tell jack **** about people being wolfy on AIM,) and if I've ever played a game with her before, I sure don't remember. So I have no idea what she's like as a wolf (maybe I shouldn't be lazy, and click that link). Bottom line: I'm more inclined to think she isn't a wolf. But I'll check out that game where she was, and see if my opinion changes.

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #343
                            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                            LOL

                            NOW I remember that game. Oh man, that was so good. All the special roles are offed, and then the wolves miss the chance to make a kill. Talk about tense. Plus, Guido was one sly ****er that game.

                            Comment

                            • blahblah18
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 1662

                              #344
                              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                              I <3 flypie
                              but for now... postCount++

                              Comment

                              • Wilkin
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 1800

                                #345
                                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                                Okay, I have another huge predicament. Tomorrow is my three year anniversary with my girlfriend, and we're going up to her mom's friend's shore house for tomorrow and part of Thursday. Right after we leave there, we have to go back to the Linc[oln Financial Field] to do some more training, and I'll get home far past 9 pm.

                                Because of this, I can't be active in the game until the next (game) night, so I'm going to put a vote on Cypher to avoid a phantom.
                                l
                                WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                                ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                                ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                                OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                                Comment

                                Working...