Twg XXIX Postgame Wolves Win

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #91
    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

    that is the point, because that's why it should at least be asterisked, in my opinion. What you did had nothing to do with it, it was what mead didn't do that affected the game. The question was slightly ambiguous, and that ambiguity should have been addressed.

    Note that if the ambiguity HAD been addressed before the question was asked/answered, afro could have just said "I don't know" and still been telling the truth, and then tps wouldn't have known that he was a wolf and that would have been the end of that, wolves still probably would have won.

    If you do count it, you have to asterisk it.

    edit: addressed at blah, when I hit submit it did nothing til just a few seconds ago.

    Comment

    • stretchypanda
      shock me shock me
      • Sep 2004
      • 4123

      #92
      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

      I'm not saying it shouldn't be asterisked, or go down as a contested game. I'm saying it shouldn't go off the record.

      And, really, Blah's plan had a profound effect on the outcome of the game. I'm not saying the wolves wouldn't have won without it, but it definitely helped.

      I'm really sort of confused by your use of the word "broken" to describe the game. The game should be recorded, regardless of the outcome. Blah's right -- learn from it and make a new rule. Don't pretend it didn't happen.

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #93
        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

        I would agree to that compromise, mainly because I really don't give a **** about the SPREADSHEET or anything like that.

        Comment

        • HansSky
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2003
          • 1925

          #94
          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

          Tass does.
          hi

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #95
            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

            It's obvious that Tass simply doesn't want it on his record of being lynched as a human.

            I have no problem at throwing an asterisk on it, but I don't want it thrown out simply because the records keeper was lynched. That's just plain stupid.

            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #96
              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

              Why does it matter if games count? It's not like it erases the game from the public mind. Blah's plan will be remembered. Stats mean ****, there isn't a hall of fame or anything. The only one who keeps them is Tass. They are a nice addition, but does a game counting or not really make any difference?

              Comment

              • stretchypanda
                shock me shock me
                • Sep 2004
                • 4123

                #97
                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                The issue I'm taking is with repeating the 29th game, rather than moving on to 30. I also like the history thread. It's a good reference for the game.

                Comment

                • nforcer06164
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 4772

                  #98
                  Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                  Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                  The different between this and Tribal & TWG XXII is that those games were AGREED to be won by 1 specific team, and therefore went into the records as such. No "cheating" of any kind happened in those games and they were both ended early because of things the host did.
                  Uh, no, Tass, not everyone agreed. That was you being bullheaded and thinking you were right. Take offense to that comment if you want, but keep in mind you're doing the same thing here.

                  Personally, I don't care anymore. The game was handled incorrectly, and there was some misinformation. You know what the best thing to do is? Make a compromise to set things straight.

                  The game was mishandled. So the records won't be full. Keep it as TWG XXIX. Everybody that was lynched/wolfed before the Afrobean questioning incident has the information go on their records.

                  For example: I was lynched on Night 1, and that was not a consequence of blah's strategy. It WILL go on my record. Tass's lynching was a consequence of blah's strategy. It WILL NOT go on his record.

                  blah will get his win as a consolation for his well-played strategy that simply worked through mere result of circumstance.

                  The game will be asterisked with an explanation of what happened. That way, we can all stop bitching and move on. IT'S A GAME. Give it up, and let's get on with XXX. I don't want to see a three-month hiatus of TWG because we all couldn't agree on such a trivial issue yet again.

                  PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                  Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                  Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                  Originally posted by Squeek
                  My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #99
                    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                    Originally posted by stretchypanda
                    The issue I'm taking is with repeating the 29th game, rather than moving on to 30. I also like the history thread. It's a good reference for the game.
                    Same here.

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #100
                      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                      IMO this was as much a real game as any other. If what happened to Tass happened to anyone else, it wouldn't even matter and no one would be arguing.


                      Just shut the hell up and get over it. Start a new game. Christ.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #101
                        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                        *shrugs* whatever. The next game can be XXX.

                        I'll put the info from the game in the history thread and mark it down in the spreadsheet with a yellow background (just like the other 2 are marked). The only different is that the game won't be entered for statistical purposes while the other two yellow marked games currently do count.

                        The events of this game are completely different than any other that has occured... trying to compare it to a past game is the same as comparing apples to oranges.

                        And I'd like to think that people WOULD be this worked up over the game if it had happened to someone other than me. Just so happens that these situations ONLY happen to me.

                        If the wolves want to make things easy... just wolf me night 1.

                        PS - Yes, I will continue to claim that I have only been lynched once as a human. I liked the analogy to the incorrect seer results that someone mentioned.


                        EDIT - Since we have a bunch of people banned... I was waiting until the weekend to start the game. Lent ends Sunday, so that is when Chardish will be back. He wants to play. I'll start the host signup thread Thurs or Fri, and Player signups will be Sunday. That cool with everyone?
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • blahblah18
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2004
                          • 1662

                          #102
                          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                          mark it as a win asshole or don't mark the others, they're identical and you ****ing know it
                          but for now... postCount++

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #103
                            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                            I've explained in detail why they are different. The rest of TWC has already agreed with me, so don't blame me solely.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #104
                              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                              Tass, of course you realize that it's this type of behavior that makes us all want to kill you, right?

                              Just don't be a jackass and we won't all want to cut your face off.

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #105
                                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                                lmao

                                Boy am I glad I got the hell out of here when I did.

                                People need to get the hell over themselves. I didn't complain when I got lynched even though it was up there with Afro's and Tass' in terms of stupidity, nor did I complain (at least not without recanting it) when Hans did the same several games ago. Buck up, there's always next game.
                                Last edited by Kilgamayan; 04-11-2006, 06:18 PM.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...