Twg XXIX Postgame Wolves Win

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #61
    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

    Moreso that Guido... but that wasn't even why the game was ended.

    The game was ended because LD figured out that Chardish used the same exact set of wolves from the 2nd attempt at running it and the 3rd attempt, which was in play. Frankly, that had no bearing on the outcome of the game (which was stated at the time), since who is a wolf and who isn't has zero bearing on the outcome when 9 people are in agreement on a tribal victory.

    Also blah... if you feel so strong about me being hypocritical about this, then all it means is that I'm better at arguing my point than you are, since in ALL THREE cases, the rest of TWC has agreed with me (in at least a simple majority). OR, it means that I'm right. You'll also recall that I've been banned for cheating before... and I served my time without bitching (too much). So yea, I've bent the rules before and got punished for it.

    Nobody is denying that you played an excellent game... we're just saying that the means by which you got me publically framed were illegal, which vastly changed the rest of the game. Nobody is saying that the humans WOULD have won... but I wouldn't put your odds at winning at 95%+ or anything remotely near there. At most, 60%. At least, 10-15%. As opposed to the other 2 games that are "similar"... tribal game that WAS 100% guarenteed, and TWG22 that was easily 95%+.

    My one regret was not pushing you to see if you were a wolf when we were at dinner. I pretty much told myself that I wouldn't take advantage of our meeting IRL to deem your humanity/wolfism.... which is the same thing I did when I met TPS. What I'm going to have to remember is that whenever I meet a TWGer during a TWG, they have to be a wolf. I'm now 2/2 in that regard. So look out Panda/Guido if you come to visit!


    PS - What are people's feelings towards Whorli and I playing together while I'm in Europe? I'll be there from June 5th til June 29th. Clearly we won't be together IRL for me to gain any edge... I also wouldn't be on AIM, but would remain able to post at one time during each game day. If people feel that I would be too inactive to play, I won't... but I'd like to still attempt to play.
    RIP

    Comment

    • Wilkin
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2005
      • 1800

      #62
      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

      Back onto the results of this game...

      Has it been officially decided that this will be recorded as XXIX, and we'll move onto XXX? If it's going to be XXIX Take 2, then will it be the same game with a different host and re-randomed roles, or a new game and host campaign entirely?
      l
      WWii║iiiiiiii▫
      ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
      ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




      OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

      Comment

      • MiniNeo
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2004
        • 454

        #63
        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

        @Wilkin: I think we will just do the host voting again, etc. I.E. new game entierly.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #64
          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

          It will be a completely new host voting and player signups.

          I, personally, feel the next TWG should be recorded as XXIX. If TWC decides to record this game, I'll put it into the spreadsheet and we'll move to XXX. Otherwise, if it is still XXIX, then it won't go in the spreadsheet and it will be like the game never happened.
          RIP

          Comment

          • iggymatrixcounter
            FFR Veteran
            • Nov 2003
            • 1924

            #65
            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

            Well if you're going to scrap the game from being legit. Then it shouldn't be recorded, thus not on the spreadsheet and doing XXIX over again IMO.
            lastfm
            PANDORA

            Comment

            • Kilgamayan
              Super Scooter Happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2003
              • 6583

              #66
              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

              XXIX.V?
              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

              Comment

              • HansSky
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2003
                • 1925

                #67
                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                If the game was that "broken" then TWC shouldn't have let it gone to the very end. You should've stopped it mid-game and said that the whole thing was a mess, we're starting over. I guarantee that if the humans ended up winning, the attitude would be "well that game was ****ed up, so let's make sure not to do it again" but the game would still count.
                hi

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #68
                  Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                  Yes Hans... had the humans won, the game would have counted. No reason to penalize the humans for overcoming extra adversity in an already wolf-favored game. I had TWC approval for the game to not count before you were wolfed / Jurs was lynched.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #69
                    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                    I'm just itching to play XXX before I get too busy. so let's do that k?

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #70
                      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                      just because its TWG Triple X? If you are that desperate for some porn, I'll send you some. I have plenty.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • MiniNeo
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 454

                        #71
                        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                        *wants it to be XXIX.V because he is banned for one game*

                        Comment

                        • Wilkin
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 1800

                          #72
                          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                          No surprise there, Tass.
                          l
                          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #73
                            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                            replaying 29 would just feel stupid, but yes because it's XXX. and I don't need porn, but thanks. also the porno "Pirates" is the greatest achievement in modern cinema, dl it immediately.

                            Comment

                            • stretchypanda
                              shock me shock me
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 4123

                              #74
                              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                              What was the decision on the tribal TWG?

                              The same should stand in this instance.

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #75
                                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                                Tribal TWG was titled "The TWG that never happened" because of just that: it never even started. Well, Night 1 started, but nothing game-related happened there.

                                I'm in favor of recording this as a no-decision TWG XXIX. Most of the game played out (well, the entire game played out, but that was just because I didn't want to mess with it when I knew it would end soon after Tass's lynching), so that's why it's different from Tribal TWG. I feel there's something to be said for records purposes, but every time I try to think of what use recording this would be, I come up short past the-game-with-blah's-awesome-plan.

                                So, really, I'm not very opposed to the idea of calling the next one XXIX, as that will be the real twenty-ninth game.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...