Twg XXIX Postgame Wolves Win

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HansSky
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2003
    • 1925

    #76
    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

    I really don't think it's fair to blah to say that this game never happened. Other than that, it IS just a number, right?
    hi

    Comment

    • Tps222
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2004
      • 6169

      #77
      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

      I say make it TWG 29.5, and acknowledge Blah's play.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #78
        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        It will be a completely new host voting and player signups.

        I, personally, feel the next TWG should be recorded as XXIX. If TWC decides to record this game, I'll put it into the spreadsheet and we'll move to XXX. Otherwise, if it is still XXIX, then it won't go in the spreadsheet and it will be like the game never happened.
        Double standard much? What about all those other games that never were. You have recorded information for them, even ones that were never even completed.

        Comment

        • blahblah18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 1662

          #79
          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

          whatever, Tass needs this shit to get through the day, because it matters to him... I'm rela proud of myself for this, others saw it and acknowledged it, that's all that matters... if Tass needs this to validate his existence, then so be it.
          but for now... postCount++

          Comment

          • Wilkin
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2005
            • 1800

            #80
            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

            I agree with Tps' idea. It allows commendation of Blah for his good playing, while allowing everyone to have a completely fair game, regardless of what the outcome would've been otherwise in XXIX.
            l
            WWii║iiiiiiii▫
            ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
            ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




            OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #81
              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

              Um yeah well i was like crucial to blah's success. I was the one who told Afro to tell Tps that he wasn't a wolf and that if they asked if he was in contact with any other wolves to say Tass. That's what made blah survive.

              IM ALWAYS SO UNDER ACKNOWLEDGED.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #82
                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                So you told him to implicate (who you thought) was the master wolf, good job. Either that or you told him to lie.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #83
                  Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                  The different between this and Tribal & TWG XXII is that those games were AGREED to be won by 1 specific team, and therefore went into the records as such. No "cheating" of any kind happened in those games and they were both ended early because of things the host did.

                  This game is completely different. One side "cheated" to gain an advantage that directly affected the outcome of the game. THAT is why it won't be recorded while the others were.

                  Does that make any sense? Cause I already posted it once that you guys seem to be missing. I also posted TWICE that I acknowledged Blah's (and Jurs'?) excellent play... unfortunately it required something against the rules for it to succeed, so perhaps it wasn't so excellent. Like communism... its great in theory, but when executed it just doesn't seem to work out.

                  I sure hope you guys can see the difference between the above 2 games and this game. They are very different. And its NOT just me whining about one thing vs another. What it may be is that I'm the only one willing to voice my opinion strong enough in situations like these so that it is heard... as I was the one responsible for the outcomes in both of the previous 2 games AND in getting this game thrown out. So perhaps a situation like this HAS come up before, but because I was on the "correct" side of it, I didn't notice it (because I can't specifically think of any such situation) and nobody else spoke up about it, so nothing happened to rock the boat.

                  Although, my personal favorite reason is that I'm just so good that everyone is SO out to get me, they break the rules to do it. But I'm still so good that I catch them every time and argue persuasively enough to win my argument and get the result of the game changed to what I want it to be. Although I doubt you all will be willing to accept this statement.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #84
                    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                    I think the next normal game we have, if I lose, I'll try and argue it into a win, even if there is 0 reason for it. JUST to see if I can do it. And I'm even telling you now that I'm GOING to do it, just to make it even harder to do.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • mead1
                      Cerebellumberjack
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 3960

                      #85
                      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                      And I thought Tass was a little full of himself before...

                      Comment

                      • Wilkin
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 1800

                        #86
                        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                        Full? Looks like he's overflowing.
                        l
                        WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                        ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                        ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                        OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                        Comment

                        • stretchypanda
                          shock me shock me
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 4123

                          #87
                          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                          First of all, I don't know why XXII is even an example. No one cheated. Everyone got mad and quit. Guido raised a very good point: the tribal game ended before it even began. This game was played to the end. That's not to say that things went wrong, but tricks are pulled in pretty much every game. We don't allow people who have real life interactions to play together anymore, because people railed about the unfairness and the cheating involved there, but those games were not thrown out just because one side ended up with an unfair advantage (and they were unfair advantages -- in one instance, the wolves knew all the specials by night two, and in the other, one wolf went out on the first day, and the humans were absolutely certain of it).

                          Blah's plan was incredible. He talked it over with the host and with a member of TWC, neither of whom saw a problem at the time. Had someone caught the flaw and pointed it out, only to have Blah go through with it anyway, this would be a different story. You can't get mad because someone exploits a loophole. You certainly can't throw out a game that lasted to the end -- especially a one-wolf victory. Give credit where it is due, get over it, and move on.

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #88
                            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                            look blah did nothing wrong... impersonation through behavior is brilliant and an excellent way to capitalize on the situation. It was mead's fault for letting that question go without making tps add a clarifying phrase to it that dealt with the issue of certainty. Because to me it's quite clear that the question by itself assumes a very high degree of certainty, probably the highest, and there's no way afro was 100% certain that he was being truthful about tass, because he had never conversed with tass on real sns about being wolves together.

                            Comment

                            • blahblah18
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 1662

                              #89
                              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                              that's not the point, what amanda said is 100 % the point, and that's all there is to it... throw out every other game where people met IRL which then gave info to the wolves. That, or just leave this the hell alone and move on and we'll make a rule that what i did can't be done in the future
                              but for now... postCount++

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #90
                                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                                There's a big difference between those games and this one, though.

                                Here, the game was broken. There, it was just hastened.

                                Amanda, blah exploiting a loophole is completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game. It was the false report of information that tainted the game in such a way that no (realistic) outcome would be legitimate. Imagine if the host gave a seer a false report and that got someone lynched. A game centered around such false information that the players are told should be accepted to be true just isn't right.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...