Twg XXIX Postgame Wolves Win

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #16
    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

    4-1 (I didn't ask blah, but I'm assuming...) TWC agree to scratch the game from the record.

    bjstrattonim: What happened?
    TasselFoot: Afro was not MW. Blah was. Therefore, in Afro's interrogation, he lied to all 3 questions... which resulted in me being lynched. Had Mead NOT allowed it (like he shouldn't have), then I would have been a 100% confirmed human.
    bjstrattonim: o_O
    bjstrattonim: How the hell does he miss that?
    TasselFoot: and TPS and I would have had 2 full days to lynch blah. we may not have, but we had a much better shot at it, cause TPS would have trusted me.... and would have had a 2nd person with him.
    TasselFoot: Mead allowed it. He didn't miss it.
    TasselFoot: Afro thought I was the MW.... so Afro didn't realize he was lying.
    TasselFoot: but nowhere in the rules does it make any allowance for what the interrogatee thinks. Only that he answer 1 question truthfully.
    TasselFoot: and Afro lied to all 3. There is no debating that fact.
    bjstrattonim: Yeah.
    TasselFoot: so you agree the game should be null and voided?
    bjstrattonim: So yeah, stripping it from the record is fine by me.


    [20:48] TasselFoot: but, let me confirm... you agree that the game should be striken from the record because mead didn't stop afro from lying 3 times in his interrogation?
    [20:49] this is chardish: agreed
    [20:49] this is chardish: if i were mead I would have forced a repeat of the interrogation


    the Kilga convo is repeated in the middle here... non-Kilga convo is bolded.
    TasselFoot: i want confirmation of our earlier conversation, re:TWG... since blah won.
    TasselFoot: bjstrattonim: What happened?
    TasselFoot: Afro was not MW. Blah was. Therefore, in Afro's interrogation, he lied to all 3 questions... which resulted in me being lynched. Had Mead NOT allowed it (like he shouldn't have), then I would have been a 100% confirmed human.
    bjstrattonim: o_O
    bjstrattonim: How the hell does he miss that?
    TasselFoot: and TPS and I would have had 2 full days to lynch blah. we may not have, but we had a much better shot at it, cause TPS would have trusted me.... and would have had a 2nd person with him.
    TasselFoot: Mead allowed it. He didn't miss it.
    TasselFoot: Afro thought I was the MW.... so Afro didn't realize he was lying.
    TasselFoot: but nowhere in the rules does it make any allowance for what the interrogatee thinks. Only that he answer 1 question truthfully.
    TasselFoot: and Afro lied to all 3. There is no debating that fact.
    bjstrattonim: Yeah.
    TasselFoot: so you agree the game should be null and voided?
    bjstrattonim: So yeah, stripping it from the record is fine by me.
    amanda tripped: Okay.
    TasselFoot: you agree?
    amanda tripped: Yes.



    Also, I confirmed with Kilga, Guido, and Chardish the following bans:

    Mead - Permanent Hosting Ban
    Tasuke - Permanent TWG Ban due to inactivity
    Gamepro - Permanent TWG Ban due to inactivity
    Mini - 1 game TWG Ban due to inactivity
    Jurs - 2 game TWG Ban due to inactivity

    The 4 with bans can play/host in jTWG but playing/hosting TWG does not count towards their ban games (if not permanent).

    I also think this covers my post-game topics of conversation... as I got royally screwed in the butt by Blah's leading on Afro/Jurs (which was very clever), but moreso by Mead's not vetoing Afro from lying to the 3rd question after the fact.
    Last edited by Tasselfoot; 04-9-2006, 07:23 PM.
    RIP

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #17
      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

      All of the above concerning me is true.
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • JurseyRider734
        lil j the bad b-word
        • Aug 2003
        • 7507

        #18
        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        PS GG jurs for believing Tps. What were you thinking?
        I had like 2 minutes to talk to him and he told me that mead confirmed everything wasn't a lie. I actually had tried to convince him that "you were lying" but uh...well I forget what happened from there.

        I owned Tps in his interrogation of me. The first question he asked me was "are you a wolf?" hahaha. I said yes. Then the next two questions were worthless to him because he didn't know if i was lying or not. It just confused him.


        Also I don't think I deserve a 2 game ban. I wasn't aware that I was going to be so busy the week after my play ended. That's bull****. I think I helped more than I hurt. Blah took almost all of my suggestions for kills and used them. Just because I didn't have time to post on the forums as much, I surely held aim conversations with people outside of the thread to make up for my "inactivity" (I also texted with Hans)
        Originally posted by Arch0wl
        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

        Comment

        • Wilkin
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2005
          • 1800

          #19
          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

          Something I was thinking about, considering the game turned out to be a completely valid one...

          Ooopsy, Tps. Right before the end of Day 2 we were talking about how voting Gamepro was pretty much uiseless, and was convincing me to lynch Blah. I was probably going to do it, but then I ran out of time. Would've made the rest of the game a lot different, especially since Afro and Jurs would've been known to each other.

          Also, heres a convo I had with Hans the [game] night after Mini's insta:


          NotSoFarOff: right now
          NotSoFarOff: I call that three wolves are still alive
          NotSoFarOff: 2/3 are tass/talis/blah, and of those two
          NotSoFarOff: and the third is afro
          NotSoFarOff: Just calling it now
          NotSoFarOff: for postgame matters
          NotSoFarOff: If I'm right, I get a BJ or something.


          Hans was two-thirds correct, so I think he's entitled to two-thirds of a BJ. Any takers?
          l
          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

            Wilkin... not really. he named 4 people out of like... 9 or 11 left, including himself. Nearly 40 or 50% of the people in the game he named. And he only had 2/3 right.

            Not that impressive. LD a few games ago was MUCH more impressive... saying eb and I were the wolves from either day 1 or day 2. Then again, he pulled that off of random.org, then just found reasons to continue hyping it all game. But he was still right.
            RIP

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

              I'd say that afro answered the question truthfully, but he didn't tell the truth.

              The problem was with the question, and that was mead's fault, and if (the majority) of twc wants to overrule mead's allowance of the question/response as they stood, then I think they can, as they (question/response) definitely had a bearing on the outcome of the game.

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #22
                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                Originally posted by blah
                He gave what he honestly assumed was a truthful statement.
                That right there is what is wrong with your statement. He ASSUMED he was telling the truth. Let me get, from the host sign-up thread, the rules on the interrogator....


                Originally posted by Fish in his initial rules of the game
                interrogator - At the end of every day, the person who is lynched joins a chatroom with the host and the interrogator. The lynched person is then forced to answer three questions asked by the interrogator, one of which MUST be answered correctly. The master wolf is the only exception to this, and does not have to answer any truthfully. (Note, more than one question may be answered truthfully, but at least one MUST be answered truthfully by everyone but the mw)
                No where does it say anything about what the interrogee ASSUMES. It clearly states that he MUST tell the truth in at least 1 question. And you can not say that based purely on facts, that Afro told the truth to any of the 3 questions... despite what he believed to be true.
                RIP

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #23
                  Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                  He should have said "I don't know" as there is no way he could have known 100%.

                  Comment

                  • Wilkin
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 1800

                    #24
                    Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                    I'm not sure on whether or not the game should be recorded, but I do know that the third question shouldn't have been allowed. They should have been limited to yes/no questions, without follow-ups.

                    Now, about Afro's answer. It's true that he didn't lie in his own mind. When Tps asked the question,:

                    Tps7910: 3. Have you met with another wolf? If so, reveal his/her identity, if not, say you haven't had any contact with any wolf.

                    Afro did not tell Tps THE TRUTH, only his interpretation of it. If Afro bet his life on it, he'd be dead. He may have been convinced it was Tass, but it was in error, either by his own thoughts or by Blah's IMing. Maybe it should have been clarified that the answers have to be absolutely truthful for the game, or else the question could have even been interpreted as "Have you met with another wolf [ever in TWG]?" (although unlikely).

                    What it basically comes down to, is if you kill a man in your sleep and don't remember it, did you still kill the man? To your knowledge, you did nothing wrong and would pass the lie detector test, but the blood is still on your hands.

                    That said, I think I've made up my mind. It shouldn't be recorded, or at least not officially. I'm not concerned about my stats or anything (my whole two games), but when put into perspective in the paragraph above, I feel it's the right decision.


                    On another note... Tass, let's just make it an even 25% BJ. Then we can all be happy... except Hans.
                    l
                    WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                    ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                    ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                    OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #25
                      Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                      oh

                      Where the hell is my end of day losing story mead?

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #26
                        Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                        Afro, there's nothing wrong with asking the same question twice. It's a disadvantage for the interrogator because he's limiting the information he can get and an advantage because it's putting the pressure to lie on the last question. It's strategic, not illegal.

                        And blah, I'm not going to lie and say your scheme wasn't a thing of beauty. In fact, I was so captivated by it that I never even thought to consider it illegal in some way. I was even hesitant to acknowledge that. However, it did violate the rules and thus the game should be invalidated, as the outcome was based on a broken rule. Who knows what would have happened otherwise.

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #27
                          Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                          Originally posted by Wilkin
                          Any takers?
                          I'll do it.


                          Originally posted by Wilkin
                          let's just make it an even 25% BJ. Then we can all be happy... except Hans.
                          I'll still do it.
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • HansSky
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 1925

                            #28
                            Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                            None of this would have been an issue if this had been put into effect:

                            Originally posted by Fish in the Host Signup thread
                            ALSO FOR THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING THINGS SIMPLE, I'VE DECIDED THAT THE WOLVES WILL ALL KNOW EACH OTHER'S IDENTITIES. Sorry, Tass, no faking a wolf this game.
                            hi

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #29
                              Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                              Oh. One more thing.

                              Why was I lynched? No one really gave a real reason for it. That was really annoying. It'd be one thing if there was an alliance and they were just picking off people who weren't in the alliance, but it wasn't like that.

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #30
                                Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

                                Because, even though both sides were suspicious of each other, basically everyone was suspicious of you, so you were the happy medium we all agreed upon to avoid phantoms for multiple people.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...