TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes (Day 4!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #61
    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

    Originally posted by nforcer06164
    Kilga, please let us know what's going on before we start to wonder. I'm not suspicious, but it just seems odd that it took the mentioning of your name to draw you out to make an excuse. It really doesn't help us when we have to figure out where everyone is.
    You wanted to know where I was so I told you. I felt that was the polite thing to do. Same reason I'm responding to you now.

    If you hadn't mentioned my name I wouldn't have said anything for all the reasons I listed.

    Also I've tried to be active for the last two games and neither time did I get to see Night 2 so you'll have to excuse me if the prospect doesn't appeal to me terribly much.

    I talked to talisman for a little while after I posted my thoughts on Page 3. He can post the log if he wants to. I would but I don't know if he wants to keep it private for some reason.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • FishFishRevolution
      GotR Creator
      • Nov 2003
      • 7251

      #62
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

      Alright guys, sorry that I haven't posted as much on the forums, I've been talking a few things out with people. I've got two suspicions right now based off some AIM conversations (I've talked about this with a few of you), but I'd like to open up the floor to first: Who knows how to hack account? Who would think about hacking an account? and finally, What is there to accomplish from doing it? In short, what do the wolves want us to do? I think Tass asked a few of these same questions in his last post, so let me try and give an answer for each one, maybe get some discussion going about it.

      Who knows how to hack? I don't know who on here has experience doing this type of thing. The only two ways I can think of to do this would be to brute-force a password or to have access to IP. Can you get into an account by having access to IP?

      Who would think about hacking an account? I'd say that if Tass found some way to do it, and checked it over with TWC, he would be behind this--it's devilish and skirting on the rules, just his style. Tps is crazy enough to do it, but I don't know how much he knows in that area. I'll have to IM some people today and post the logs.

      What is there to accomplish from doing it? Well I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but if talis's account has been hacked, the culprit would have access to all his previous PMs, right? So why would this person send a PM anyway? If they could get in, read the PMs, and get out, why would they do anymore?

      Anyway, now for suspicions. Too early for a list, so I'll just rattle off my top three. In light of recent events, these are in no particular order:

      Tass: Afro's reasoning combined with this new hacking plan would lead my eyes towards him.

      Jursey: Yes, Jursey, I'm now aware how 'dumb' you think asking for top 3 is, but it's a really good way to catch a wolf into naming one of their own for distance, so then if they're ever found as a wolf, I can go straight to the log. What I don't understand is why you got so angry about it? You're never angry with me on AIM, especially not when it's about something as dumb as TWG. You have yet to answer the question btw, and it's nearing the end of the Day.

      Tps: Not so much, but I could also see tps pulling a hacking stunt just because you're crazy, and the fact that he didn't post until just last page makes me a little wary of him. I had an conversation with him way earlier in this Day (in fact it may have been during the Night) where I asked his top 3, but he didn't return the question. I found that just a little odd, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who's answered that question has asked me in return. Then again, wolves don't need to know who people's top 3 are.

      Other then them, I'm watching Afro and Rai, just because I know they're smart and I don't want them to pull anything under my nose.

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #63
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

        aight aight aight

        afro chill on that log, it really isn't necessary. It may be that this was just a really really similar account, taIisman. You'd think that would be the first think I checked, and it was, but apparently copy + pasting the name somewhere else changed it's appearance somehow.

        In case anyone is interested, this is what it looked like

        I'm really hoping this is the case since it makes no sense for the person who received this pm to have faked the ss and it makes no sense for someone to hack my account, because people on ffr aren't that desparate. Still trying to confirm this but I suck at searching for accounts.

        edit: found it, created sunday, presumably before 12:50, as that was when the pm was sent out.

        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ofile&u=737381

        actually scratch that time, I had am and pm mixed up. It looks like it was sent out during that 12 hours of nothingness between nforcer posts. Sent at ffr time of 6:33 pm on Nov 27.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #64
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

          ding ding ding... I believe I mentioned that theory to you last night Mr. Penguin (although I'd imagine others did as well).

          actually hacking into an account would take a LONG time and would risk you getting banned from FFR. How do I know this?
          1) I discussed the theory with Talisman not 2-3 hours before he comments to me that it happened. Makes me think there is a mole in his group, someone he told that I mentioned something about hacking to using it to frame me.
          2) A very good friend of mine brute-forced his way into our system administration account back in middle school... took something like 17 hours of a computer program running all random combinations of 26 upper and lower case letters plus numbers from 4-14 characters. BUT... that was a program specifically designed to hack a Novell network log-on. I'd imagine it wouldn't work for a website logon.

          Also Fish... AFAIK, using IPs can't get you into an account. Besides, I highly doubt any of the mods/admins would use their powers to cheat in TWG. It would be a fast way to not being a mod anymore.
          RIP

          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #65
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

            like I said, it was the first thing I checked. It just happens to look alot more similar than I thought. I'm sure the wolves will have a good laugh at me post game.

            Also, this happened sunday which was way before our conversation. Plus I don't think I'd mentioned anything of our chat to anyone last night. I was somewhat distraught at the time.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #66
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

              So here's the main issue then. Why would the wolves do it?

              They know that whoever they send it to is going to come to me and be like "Yo I'm in alliance right????" And I'll be like "uh... no..." and they'll be like "well how come you sent me that pm then?" and I'll be like "uh wtf" and so on, and this is pretty much what happened. So they know it's going to get back to me, and that I'll see that the info in the pm is wrong, and assume a wolf plot. Did they want me to assume that who they put as hobbes was the one sending the pm? Did they want me to assume that the person they sent it to was a wolf, for some reason? Did they just want to confirm two people as humans to me? I don't get it.

              Comment

              • blahblah18
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2004
                • 1662

                #67
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                I think the best method is to just ignore every aspect of it at all. If its someoen they tried to put in as a wolf vs someone for some reason they gave to as a human (still not sure what that would accomplish) you don't want to allow a mole or anyone into a group you're sure of. If anything it would make me slightly more suspicious of whoever it was directed to, because it seems much more probable to be coming as a stupid trick as opposed to given to an actual human, but I don't know, I guess it depends a lot on who it was "sent to".
                but for now... postCount++

                Comment

                • TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
                  Banned
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1048

                  #68
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                  Likely possiblities I'm seeing:

                  A: sent by a wolf to a wolf in order to make that wolf seem ignorant and human.
                  B: sent by a wolf to a human to make them look like a wolf trying to seem ignorant and human.
                  C: sent by a wolf to themself for reason A.
                  D: sent by a wolf to a anyone simply for straight up fucking confusion.
                  E: D in combonation with A, B, or C.

                  My suggestion:
                  Keep it in your thoughts, and let's keep discussing it, but just in case it's D or E, don't forget about anything else because of it or it'll probably just leave you confused and let other things possibly slip under the radar.
                  And blah's right, it could depend a lot on who it was sent to.

                  EDIT just because in "E: " I accidentally put "C" instead of "D"

                  Comment

                  • mattc16
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 524

                    #69
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                    You know Rai, I was just about to post pretty much exactly the same thing.


                    Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #70
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                      congratulations matt, you've now posted two sentences.

                      Comment

                      • flypie743
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3210

                        #71
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                        Tass-1 (Afrobean)
                        HansSky-1 (Nforcer)
                        Nforcer-1 (Blahblah)

                        5 hours left until deadline (9 PM Eastern). 3 out of 16 people have voted. Make sure you get your votes in.

                        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                        Comment

                        • nforcer06164
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2003
                          • 4772

                          #72
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                          Alright guys, this will be my last post for the game day, because I will be busy until 10 PM or later.

                          I have nothing to add. All the speculation over who would have faked a "Talisman" account, or hacked his account, has really gotten us nowhere. I did hope for better, but it does seem that it hasn't really helped that much in pinning a wolf. I'm going to stick with Hans for the rest of the day, as his absence is growing on me as a bad omen, and I really don't have anything else to go on. Hans has been inactive in the past, but it seems odd that he hasn't made a single post yet.

                          Good luck for the rest of the day, everyone.

                          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                          Comment

                          • mattc16
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 524

                            #73
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                            Where are TPS and LD? Maybe I haven't been the most active yet this game, but personal problems have prevented that, and as such I'm gonna throw a vote on TPS. In the past TWGs which I have read, he's usually active early, usually coming up with good strategies as a green, but this time he's been silent.

                            Unfortunately my time zone kinda inhibits my ability to chat to people on AIM, as i have school from half 8 to half 4 GMT, and usually I'm not online until about 9 GMT as I have a social life too!!! I'll try and be as active as possible, if my friend's funeral doesn't get me down too much.


                            Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #74
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                              Actually, Tass a bruteforce on a FFR account would be easy, especially considering that Talisman himself told me that his password would be an easy bruteforce (then again, most of our passwords probably are).

                              However, Talisman already posted the profile of "TaIisman", the one who did PM, who I, by the way, PM'd myself. Hopefully, Tass remembers to check the inbox.

                              Comment

                              • FishFishRevolution
                                GotR Creator
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 7251

                                #75
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                                Join chat "twgxxiv"

                                Comment

                                Working...