TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes (Day 4!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #136
    My reasoning for anti-Afro sentiment... he takes personal feelings from outside of the game into the game. A top player doesn't do that; he would keep his emotions out of the game and use only logic.

    PS Jurs -

    Originally posted by Me earlier on this page
    Page 1:
    Jurs starts right off the bat with a "oh gj guardian" comment that is pretty random and says nothing.
    Pot calling the kettle black, much? And don't tell me you weren't thinking the exact same thing.
    RIP

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #137
      not sure why nick... if you read the convo with blah it's pretty clear I had some suspicions of him. Soo... thanks for clearing that up, wolves

      time to re-read day one.

      ps no comment rofl.

      Comment

      • nickadeemus
        The spice must flow.
        • Aug 2003
        • 807

        #138
        WTF!
        Nice.

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #139
          This is from late Day 1 or early Day 2 or something I forget.

          stressreliefball: kkkilga, have you been following twg enough to have any suspicions?
          stressreliefball: I'm looking for just three names... no reasoning required
          bjstrattonIM: Not today
          bjstrattonIM: I would look at it but my arm has been really sore all day
          bjstrattonIM: And it's been very distracting
          stressreliefball: good excuse lol
          stressreliefball: but do get back to me on this at some point
          bjstrattonIM: Sure.

          *time passes*

          bjstrattonIM: All right so
          bjstrattonIM: I'm still suspicious of Hans, he hasn't done much to change what I think of him.
          stressreliefball: mmk
          bjstrattonIM: I'm kinda suspicious of matt but I give him some leniency for being a jTWGer.
          bjstrattonIM: Not knowing exactly when the psychic report was released, I'm going to assume the one wolf that got taken off was FishFish.
          stressreliefball: yeah, same
          bjstrattonIM: I never thought nforcer was a wolf and I saw his death as unfair.
          bjstrattonIM: I'm pretty suspicious of blah for starting the movement against him.
          stressreliefball: hmm, true
          stressreliefball: I'm glad I picked nforcer though, because of fish's drive against jurs
          bjstrattonIM: It reminds me of Jurs' game, where I, as a wolf, started a movement against a weaker player
          bjstrattonIM: And got a few followers and eventually he got lynched.
          stressreliefball: hmm
          bjstrattonIM: I see blah doing exactly what I did then, picking on a relatively easy and much weaker target.
          stressreliefball: yeah, and he did vote alot earlier than he normally does
          bjstrattonIM: eb is also up there, I'm wondering if he was following Fish's lead and going after another easy target in Jurs.
          bjstrattonIM: He overemphasized the "omg I have no clue who to vote for" bit in his voting post imo
          stressreliefball: hmm maybe
          bjstrattonIM: So I guess my list would be Hans/blah/(eb/matt).
          stressreliefball: ok, thanks
          bjstrattonIM: The last two get a tie, I can't pick one over the other.
          bjstrattonIM: np

          Two wolves are gone, meaning the last one would be making the decision all by themselves. If matt was making the decision by himself, I wouldn't be at all surprised that nickadeemus was his choice. It seems too easy a setup, but since we have basically all the time in the world and matt wouldn't be as much of a loss as Tass or talisman I'm not too worried about voting for him.

          Look at me, I'm doing something.
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7509

            #140
            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
            My reasoning for anti-Afro sentiment... he takes personal feelings from outside of the game into the game. A top player doesn't do that; he would keep his emotions out of the game and use only logic.

            PS Jurs -

            Originally posted by Me earlier on this page
            Page 1:
            Jurs starts right off the bat with a "oh gj guardian" comment that is pretty random and says nothing.
            Pot calling the kettle black, much? And don't tell me you weren't thinking the exact same thing.
            Um, imo, telling the guardian they did a good job (which they did) is completely different from asking in a thread "why nick?" to a bunch of people who either don't know why, or do know but won't tell because they're wolves.

            wtg
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2005
              • 1048

              #141
              Originally posted by JurseyRider734
              Um, imo, telling the guardian they did a good job (which they did) is completely different from asking in a thread "why nick?"
              Agreed, especially as Night 1 saves don't happen often. Giving the guardian praise for making a good decision is very different from wolfily analyzing the kill on the first page.

              Comment

              • mattc16
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 524

                #142
                Interesting kilga. However, if i was a wolf, I'd want to keep people like nick and rai for example around, as they are fairly new to TWG, like me, so I would be hoping they made somekind of slip up which took suspicion off me.

                apologies to everyone for my inactivity on day 2, a good friend of mine was killed in a car crash last week, and i attended his funeral on friday, so TWG wasn't exactly at the top of my priorities list over this weekend.


                Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #143
                  oh hay i haven't voted for tass yet today. Just looking back at his vote for jurs on day 1:
                  Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                  Jurs. I have no evidence of my own to add. I haven't talked to Jurs at all this game... purely based off of the interactions posted by Fish and eb. Definately seems out of character for her. Well, not out of character... just, her character outside of TWG vs her character inside of TWG.
                  Not something Tass should be doing. Blind bandwagons are not cool~ and Tass is not usually one to go with the flow if there's poor reasoning behind it.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #144
                    Aww... and to think, it just wouldn't be a day of TWG without Afro coming up with a reason to vote me.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • evilbutterfly
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 5784

                      #145
                      bjstrattonIM: eb is also up there, I'm wondering if he was following Fish's lead and going after another easy target in Jurs.
                      bjstrattonIM: He overemphasized the "omg I have no clue who to vote for" bit in his voting post imo
                      omg I have no clue who to vote for. Seriously though, there's 1 wolf left? I can't ever see the wolves when there's 3, so at this point I'm just gonna sit around until the alliance is like "lol we seered the last guy, kill him!" Until then, I'm gonna like, get to level 51, cuz seriously I dunno. And like, none of you have IMed me. It seems like you're all talking or something and so you have suspicions, but the only person I've talked to is Afro, and that's mostly about MS, and talisman, and he's just asking people for suspicions and I'm like I don't freaking know. Kinda like Guido said in one thread (that guy asking how to be good I think), he's seen as one of the top tier guys but he has no intuition at all, so he's really not even that good. I'm not considered top tier like he is, but you guys know I'm not stupid. You apparently don't realize I have crappy intuition, though. All I can do is work through logic and present strategies, but I think talisman has the logic stuff handled, so I'm gonna continue to do nothing, kthx.

                      PS: Reading this post as I wrote it, I've realized that I've stopped taking anything seriously. I used kthx and everything, rofl. I should definitely sit some games out until I get back in srs bizniz TWG mode.
                      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                      And I write the blog for their website.

                      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #146
                        Here's what I want to hear people talk about... on day one, did the third wolf vote with blah (on nforcer), with fish (on jurs), or on someone else (in your opinions)? I've already talked to some people about this, but I want to start a little public discussion on it.

                        Sorry I wasn't around today on aim... bengals game (who dey) and myst v have been distracting me. I'll be around most likely all tonight. Drop a line on my away message and hopefully I'll see it.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #147
                          If I had to guess, I would say with Blah, manily because the evidence of Jurs was incredibly weak. I doubt the wolves would try to disassociate on such a stretch, also, doing it on day 1 seems better to get it out of the way early, before people and alliances get going and associating.

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #148
                            i'm with TPS... also with 6 people on nforcer, it could be easy to slip in.

                            BUT, I know when I'm a wolf I like to have the wolves vote for 3 different people for as long as possible... which would lead to having it be option c) none of the above... aka, voting for neither nforcer or jurs.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #149
                              Alright, I'm thinking that hans is the last wolf.

                              This is based largely on his day one vote. Of the ones on nforcer it seemed most like it was just trying to fit in and seemed the most contrived. (rai's might be an exception, but I felt that rai's late switch would be a retarded move for a wolf to make). It's also based on the fact that in our aim convos he's done some things to make me suspect him... for example coming to me and telling me about why the wolves might have done the pm business and telling me exactly what blah had already told me (and what was already posted). It felt a little like he was trying to get on my good side or something.

                              Also he sent me an IM yesterday around 8:40 asking me if I had received a psychic report... and the only conceivable reason for that I can think of is that he wants to know the chances that I got to use a seering last night and thus how large the alliance is. I mean, he knows I said it was two wolves yesterday and that we lynched blah, a seered wolf.... so why else would a psychic report be useful?

                              Comment

                              • flypie743
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 3210

                                #150
                                Votin' Guide:
                                Mattc16-1 (Kilgamayan)
                                Tasselfoot-1 (Afrobean)
                                HansSky-1 (Talisman)

                                3 out of 12 people have voted. Deadline is tonight at 9 PM Eastern.

                                IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                                Comment

                                Working...