TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes (Day 4!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #31
    RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

    So, in the event that I die, I have created a backup system so that if the alliance ever needs another public figurehead (for example if a wolf gets seered) that that person can come out without fear of suspicion.

    Basically, I am going to give the pw to my jipkin account to C+H and then they can give it to someone they seer as human. This person then, if a wolf is later seered can come out and post about it, and then use jipkin's account to send you all a pm confirming that he/she is indeed in the alliance.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #32
      RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

      Actually strike that, there's no need to come out if they'll have jipkin. Basically, if jipkin tells you to do something (via pm) and I'm dead, trust it.

      Comment

      • nforcer06164
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2003
        • 4772

        #33
        RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

        Hmm... so, basically, all us greens are thrown out of the loop again because we've got an early alliance. Fun stuff. I was hoping to be in a better position this game, but that didn't happen. I'm not happy about being next-to-nothing again, but I'll try to be helpful when I can.

        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

        Originally posted by Squeek
        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

        Comment

        • nforcer06164
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 4772

          #34
          RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

          Wow, twelve hours of nothing. Let's see, who are we missing so far?

          nickadeemus
          mattc16
          Kilgamayan
          HansSky
          Tps222
          lightdarkness

          I randomly chose Hans out of that list, just so you know. What's with the silent treatment, guys?

          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

          Originally posted by Squeek
          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

          Comment

          • FishFishRevolution
            GotR Creator
            • Nov 2003
            • 7251

            #35
            RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

            I was pretty surprised that tps hadn't posted yet. He's usually incriminating himself by page two, first real day. I have a few suspicions at this point, but nothing all together too strong. I think I'll have a few more AIM chats before voicing the suspicions/evidence.

            PS Not saying Tps is suspicious because he hasn't incriminated himself, saying the fact that he hasn't posted yet is out of character.

            Comment

            • mattc16
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 524

              #36
              RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

              I'm about, i'm a bit like you nforcer, feeling a bit left out of the loop. I'll post more if something comes up.


              Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #37
                RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                Potential conversation topics:

                -why the wolves picked me
                -tass/afro and that whole situation
                -early suspicions
                -potential blue strategies
                -ways to counteract potential red strategies

                I know I'm the alliance leader, but don't make me do all the work =/ Also, don't be afraid to be active on aim. I'll be away til this evening (work, dinner) but I'll be free after that and all tomorrow, so don't hesitate to talk to me if something is on your mind.

                Comment

                • evilbutterfly
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 5784

                  #38
                  RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                  My views on Talisman's conversation topics:

                  -With the low chance of guarding, I'd say talisman was an obvious target. That explains why he got both wolfed and guarded.

                  -Tass just wants in the alliance. Afro just wants to kill Tass.

                  -Not me, not talisman, not not Tass, not not Afro, if that makes any sense. Basically: *shrug*

                  -Spread out to keep double kills from happening, seer some people, guard talisman, rule out who the wolves can't be and tell talisman to tell us who to lynch. Easy as pie.

                  -One thing I'm unclear on, but how does the roaming lady work? Do the wolves pick that or a wolfing target, or do they get both? I'd prefer if flypie clarifies that, but if you all know the answer, go ahead and say it. If they choose one or the other, I'd expect them to roam around go for the blues early on, which may mean the blues should guard each other rather than talisman. Then again, if the wolves expect that they may go for talisman. That shouldn't matter by the end of today, though. I personally feel that C&H are way more important to us than a public figure like talisman. We can always get more of those, but there are only 2 blues that we can't lose.

                  Other than all that, I got nothing. I think everybody should at least respond to those things as much as possible. Don't post and say you have nothing to say, at least respond to all of those things. Do it. NOW!
                  So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                  In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                  So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                  And I write the blog for their website.

                  Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #39
                    RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                    -Tass just wants in the alliance. Afro just wants to kill Tass.
                    Hehe... I was thinking the same thing.


                    As for blue strat - my suggestion would be to have them go to 2 different rooms. Guarentted different powers, and 2/3 to get seer and 2/3 to get guardian... best we can hope for. Besides, having the 2 go to the same room is only beneficial if you get double seer power, 1/3. Not worth it, considering the 2/9 shot of them both dying when Susie roams. And for seering strat, use what we discussed last night.

                    eb... about the roaming... when I discussed it with Flypie pregame, my understanding was this: Susie gets to roam... if she gets C or H and there is no SS, she can kill them and it'll show up looking like the normal nightly kill. If she does not get them, the wolves get their normal kill that night, and can't roam again. Either way, roaming is a one time occurance. And we non-wolves have no idea as to when it happens or when it did happen.

                    PS - Good note... we know that 1/2 blues had guardian... perhaps the other had seer and the alliance is now 4 instead of 3. Wishful thinking, but possible.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • Kilgamayan
                      Super Scooter Happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 6583

                      #40
                      Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                      Originally posted by nforcer06164
                      What's with the silent treatment, guys?
                      Sunday is football day. I never do anything significant on the internet at all on Sunday.

                      Today I've had 5 classes, been sick (3 classes in reality since I was sick for the other two), and am currently working on a presentation for my JCulture class that's due on Wednesday but I basically have to have done by 10 tonight (read: less than 4 hours) because my group leader needs it.

                      Plus Monday Night RAW and Football start at 9 so I won't be paying attention to the internet then either.

                      Once all that is over and done with I'll gladly pay attention to this, but not before.
                      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                      Comment

                      • flypie743
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3210

                        #41
                        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                        Clarifying roaming:

                        1) Susie can choose to roam 1 night for the whole game.
                        2) Spaceman Spiff is hiding in one random room every night for the whole game.
                        3) If Susie chooses to roam:
                        a. If Susie enters a room with C/H and Spaceman Spiff is IN THE ROOM then Susie will be told that C/H are in the room, but she cannot kill them because Spaceman Spiff is there and so nothing will be written in the thread because nothing happened. It won't show up as a guard thing or a failed attempt.
                        b. If Susie enters a room with C/H and Spaceman Spiif is NOT IN THE ROOM, then Susie can kill C/H and it will show up in the thread as a nightly kill.
                        c. If Susie enters a room without C/H, then nothing happens.
                        d. Roaming replaces the kill for the night. EVEN IF SUSIE ROAMS AND DOESN'T GET A CHANCE TO KILL C/H, the wolves do not get a nightly kill.

                        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #42
                          RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                          Ohh. #d was where my interpretation differed from the actual... and in a good way it would appear. Excellent.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #43
                            RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                            haha that's awesome... I thought she had two roaming shots and that it counted in addition to the kill.

                            Comment

                            • Kilgamayan
                              Super Scooter Happy
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 6583

                              #44
                              RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                              Okay I decided I didn't want to do any PowerPoint work so I'm going to look at this.

                              I'll need some time to read the GBin thread so don't expect anything for a few minutes.
                              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #45
                                RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                                Okay, my synopsis of the GBin thread is as follows:

                                It is not worth the attempt gleaning anything from the Afro/Tass interaction. That's like saying one of Arch0wl/Onittray is a wolf if they get in an argument.

                                The whole rest of the topic seemed like an endless list of if-then statements with a whole bunch of planning for the thens without trying to figure out substantially which of the ifs actually happened.

                                ---

                                The jipkin account thing seems unfair in the humans' favor to TWC me. Something about providing a human with a proven human voice while making them near-impossible to kill doesn't seem right. If this game were real, there'd be no such thing as alternate accounts. Anonymous PMs at least make sense since someone could write a note and wait for someone else to find it.

                                But whatever, I'm not going to press it.

                                I'd personally like to know where Hans is. He posted once in the GBin thread and hasn't posted at all here. I would like to think someone who missed so many games in a row would want every opportunity to play. Also last game he was a hitman and I don't recall him posting until that dumbass flood of votes at the end, and he wasn't very talkative over AIM when I made my rounds.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...