TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes (Day 4!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #16
    RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

    In all honesty though, by the end there, that thread was totally serious.

    At first I made it as a joke, but then it turned into actual TWG talk since there was no thread to talk in yet.

    PS @Tass: this game is different because there is no sure guardian. Even if you are green, I'd still say for the blues to not seer you simply because you would be a target for the wolves later on.

    Comment

    • blahblah18
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2004
      • 1662

      #17
      RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

      No one's really saying anything. I feel afro's human, that being an actually lucid conversation in G-bin despite anyone else thinking otherwise. We could do the whol "oh noes who woudl try and kill talisman" crap, but the pattern for every game from that is one person says why, and other peopel attack them for tlaking, and ta-dah we have a lynch subject. But what the hell, we should talk about something to try and make informed decisions. Without a guaranteed guarding, I would have thought that someone would attack Tass if they were going to go for a player of that caliber. also, quick question for host. Say the wolves did the roaming thing and landed in a room with spaceman spiff, would that also look like this, with the person just being guarded? Or does this specifically mean a guardian prevented a direct wolfing?

      There's no solid reason to say that tass is or is not a wolf, and you all are juts kinda stretching for it now, unless you've had more interaction with him then I have. He put himself into a corner insomuch that regardless of what role he got he would have to act in the way that he is currently. acting, so one shouldn't hold said actions either for or against him.

      That's about it for now. hopefully this will start a level of banter on such a high level that the likes of it we have never seen before.
      but for now... postCount++

      Comment

      • TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
        Banned
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 1048

        #18
        RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

        I find Afro's reasoning in particular to be bullshit--the wolves would NOT give us a freebie just to slightly delay an alliance; they wouldn't sacrifice one of three wolves right off the bat just so we would have a lower chance of learning of a definate human. Lynching a wolf on Day 1 helps the humans infinitely more than kicking off a three person alliance (given the latter would still be very helpful), and if the wolves aren't complete dumbasses, they know that.

        I'm not saying I necessarily think Tass is green though, I have no idea.

        Comment

        • QreepyBORIS
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2003
          • 7454

          #19
          RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

          I'd be inclined to think that with only 3 wolves, the wolves wouldn't be keen on sacrificing one of them. This is especially true because there is no master wolf, either, so even one player going down would be a hell of a hit to the wolves and a hell of a boon to the humans. Afro's reasoning is a bit off in that regard.

          Signature subject to change.

          THE ZERRRRRG.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #20
            RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

            For anyone who thinks my logic off here: Go die. Shows how much you know. Stopping an alliance is totally worth it, especially considering THE BLUES CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT IF THEY SEER A WOLF NIGHT 1.

            Jesus guys, if a wolf were even seer'd last night they probably wouldn't be getting lynched for days when there are enough people on the side of the blues.

            Unless of course, someone pulls a blah and swings votes at the last second to the person who had been seer'd.

            Whatever though, I'm just throwing random stuff out now. Point is: wolves would definitely sacrifice one of their own to stop an alliance, considering the fact that it's likely that even if a wolf is seer'd they'd still live for days after that.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

              If a wolf was seered last night I'd be letting you guys know about it.

              But in the hypothetical, yes.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #22
                RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                Well, of course at this point, Talisman can tell us, but there was no saying that a sure human would be out in the open like this, especially pregame when all this stuff went down.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #23
                  RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                  You're flat wrong Afro... seering a wolf night 1 MIGHT not get them lynched day 1, but it would get them by day 2 at worst... and an alliance would still get formed afterwards through other means, and the wolves would be down to 2.

                  The negatives far outweigh the positives. Perhaps that is why everyone else who has commented on the subject agrees that you're wrong.

                  PS - Talisman... still not home, but I do still have stuff I'd like to show you.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #24
                    RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                    I await it...

                    ps more people need to check in. I feel like only a few voices are making all the posts right now.

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #25
                      RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                      Yea, it's me and a few people telling me I'm wrong.

                      Come on guys. I need more people to shoot me down before I'll even think of admitting defeat.

                      Comment

                      • FishFishRevolution
                        GotR Creator
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 7251

                        #26
                        RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                        If it's any consolidation Afro, I thought the idea was good, but it seemed more like something Tps would pull when there were 4 wolves, not 3. Maybe Tass would try it, but I doubt he would this game; there's too much to lose.

                        I'm going to sit down and think strategy/analysis possibilities tomorrow, I've been sort of busy and scatterbrained all day today.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #27
                          RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                          Ok, well think of things this way:

                          He had to ask to be seer'd. There's no doubt there.

                          Now think of ways he could have done it. He could have proclaimed it heavily, as he did. He could have done it lightly once the thread actually opened. Now just imagine if Tass hadn't done what he did pregame. Regardless of his role he'd probably have been lynched shortly thereafter for being out of character.

                          When you realize this, you see that his asking to be seer'd has absolutely no indication of his role. He had to do it, no matter what.

                          Now, when you realize this, you can also see that it's not even a bad move for the wolves. They want to stop an alliance and if they can get the blues to waste a seering on a wolf when it would be better used on a human, that's exactly what they do. And also when you come to the idea that Tass wanted both blues to use a seering on him, you see that he's using two seerings on just himself. Wouldn't it make more sense for the two seers to seer different people and eventually meat up in the middle? I think so, especially because then there is no open central leader to the alliance which can be attacked much like I feel Talisman will be soon.

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #28
                            RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                            hey uh let's put the brakes on the talisman getting attacked train... I mean it's a definite possibility, but wolves, please don't. Or do, and risk the 2/3 chances of not killing someone two days in a row.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #29
                              RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                              I really don't like how innactive this is guys. We had the Garbagebin thread up to like 6 pages before day even started. Why such little discussion all of a sudden?

                              PS @ Talisman: like I said before, the wolves are looking for something drastic to do and attacking you again is definitely it.

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #30
                                RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

                                A lot of you seem to be forgetting that there is a large chance the the blues won't get a chance to seer anybody at all. There's also a pretty good chance that C or H could die from the roaming person. If that happened, that would again drastically reduce the chances of anybody getting seered. These things make coming out as a wolf saying "seer me!" not a bad idea. In no circumstance should you trust Afro or Tass to be human for saying these things. Afro isn't completely wrong, it's not the worst idea ever. It's not too safe, and it is a big risk, but hey, what fun is a game when you don't take any risks?

                                In other news: activity tsk tsk. Maybe everybody is active on AIM discussing stuff with talisman, but it'd be nice if the forum activity could pick up for those of us not involved in active AIM discussions (in case you don't know, I don't really talk TWG on AIM too much, I keep it mainly to the forums). kthx
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...