TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • User6773

    #91
    Agreed Talis, about encouraging activity. I'd also like to throw out the idea of a no-chat game. Regular AIM conversations would be acceptable, of course, but I think when people participate in the chat it makes them feel like they're being active when they're really not being as active as regular posters.

    Another problem with AIM chat is that reading through ten pages of AIM chat log is really irritating if you weren't actually there, and it makes associating statements with people so much more difficult since everyone's making dozens of really short statements. I think a no-AIM-chat game would spark renewed interest in the thread.

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #92
      I agree with the post minimum per day idea, so long as it's not too high. I mean, sometimes people are busy, or if the post count minimum is too high, all you'll get is a bunch of posts that end up sounding a little forced, or are just a little useless.

      However, Talisman, some others, and I had been discussing this inactivity problem in the chat, and one of the things we found that kept greens on their toes and interested in the game was cardflipping. EB's game was a little unorthodox in that manner, but it ended up holding the greens' interest the entire game (even the ones outside of the alliance, such as myself). The only issue was that of balance--it gave the greens an easier ride. That can easily be overcome by, say, adding extra wolves or having a wolf seer or something to that effect. I would approve of more cardflipping games with great vigor.

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • User6773

        #93
        My election TWG features cardflipping, FYI. It does give the wolves an edge by letting them know when the blues are dead, so it's kind of a double edged sword.

        Comment

        • QreepyBORIS
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2003
          • 7454

          #94
          I was aware of that, and I voted for it in the last host election.

          And while it is a double-edged sword, I think having the autopsychic is a bit more of a boon to the humans than the wolves. I might like to see something more in place to help the wolves out, if only slightly.

          Signature subject to change.

          THE ZERRRRRG.

          Comment

          • GuidoHunter
            is against custom titles
            • Oct 2003
            • 7371

            #95
            I am greatly against cardflipping, generally (not when it's specific to the game, like for chardish), because it puts too much information out there when I like mistrust to run rampant in these games and have people put stock in certain people being blue, both greens and humans.

            --Guido


            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

            Comment

            • HansSky
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2003
              • 1925

              #96
              Originally posted by chardish
              In the original thread where TWC was both proposed and ratified (here), it states that if someone leaves or is kicked out, then the other TWC people pick the replacement.
              Now that everyone knows what TWC actually does, maybe we should take a revote. But of course, ultimately, that's up to (lol)TWC.

              The point of the TWC is to have the rules of the game interpreted.
              But you've turned it into so much more than that, which is what pisses everybody off.

              We're influenced by what you have to say,
              No you're not. It's like when a child appeals that he shouldn't be punished for something, but the parents(TWC) send him to bed so that the adults can talk it over reasonably.

              Really, the only problem I have with TWC is that it is supposed to be this:

              The point of the TWC is to have the rules of the game interpreted.
              and not this:

              The point of the TWC is to have complete control over everything that happens in the TWG forum ever.

              I know I'm not alone on this.
              hi

              Comment

              • evilbutterfly
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2003
                • 5784

                #97
                K, so I've skimmed this thread some, and I would just like to say:

                I'm not whining, I'm bored. Even when I boycotted Tass, that wasn't me whining perse as me just not having fun because the guy pissed me off so bad. Who the hell plays a game if they don't have fun? It's not about me whining because I didn't win a game, it's that he has an attitude problem and it really angered me. Thus, I didn't feel like playing with him again so I sat it out. I had no idea that other people felt the same and would also sit out, that just kinda happened and I was like whoa wtf. I didn't announce it to get other people quitting, I announced it so people wouldn't come and tell me to sign up (normally somebody reminds me). I just figured you might want to know why I wasn't even bothering to try.

                And now, TWG has just gotten kinda....monotonous. It just kinda stopped being fun and exciting like it used to be. Maybe we're playing it way too much, I dunno. I'm just taking a break because it's not as special as it used to be. I haven't quit TWG forever, and I haven't quit because of any one person or event, I'm taking time off because it got boring. I do this with lots of games. I play them nonstop for months at a time, then I get tired of them and play something else for a long time. Eventually I miss the old game and go back to it for a little while.

                I will miss TWG eventually and come back here and there, and I will probably be a lot more active and awesome in those games. If one of you hosts a really interesting game *cough*Inf2*cough* I will play without a doubt, because it won't be the same boring TWG it seems like I've been playing over and over.

                Plus, maybe if I don't play as much I won't get wolfed as much. I only won in my first couple games, when I wasn't worth killing. I hate that I've played in a dozen or so games and I've only won 2, despite not being a terrible player. I'm helpful enough to get wolfed, but somebody else always takes up the guardian's attention. I'd just like to say that that's annoying as hell. D:

                EDIT:

                PS: Tass, Chardish, would either of you really have banned me for staying in that TWG chat? I seriously hadn't been to these forums or talked to anybody about TWG at all at that point (and only talked to a few people after that, because of that) so I had no idea what was going on, I was just asking what was up and referencing the past 2 games. You guys freaked out on me for not much reason (which I felt incriminated Tass quite a bit at the time, just so you know) and said you'd kick me out. I'm just wondering, would you have really done that?
                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                And I write the blog for their website.

                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #98
                  eb you shoulda played this one.... definitely not boring for what part of day two did get played.

                  about cardflipping: it does favor the humans more than it favors the wolves. I agree with qreepy in that if it is implemented in the future the wolves need a counterbalance. perhaps a wolf could get drafted mid-game in exchange for a kill or something along those lines... not really sure if it would work just tossing it out there.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #99
                    eb: I would have, because you saying shit in regards to me in past games was not what I wanted... it was drawing attention to me when I was under the assumption that you KNEW I was a wolf. If you didn't know, then my apologies... either way, it should be a good rule to try not to interfere with the game when not playing or knowing the roles, moreso in a chat, as its not 1-on-1 interaction.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #100
                      Originally posted by HansSky
                      I know I'm not alone on this.
                      You're not, because I agree, and i'm sure a lot of other people do as well.

                      Also, chardish, you're saying i'm insulting what, 4 people? First of all, look at my post to flypie. Learn to read and comprehend sarcasm. Obviously if I wasn't being sarcastic I would have said "You're never online, how could you host the game?" instead of "will you even be online to host it rofl? X( or something like that. ps usually "rofl" is an indication of a JOKE. GET IT? NOT SERIOUS. JOKE. Okay, good.

                      Second of all, I'm sure even blah could admit that he's hardly active enough to be a good voice for TWG, so that wasn't even an insult.

                      Also, I see you insulting a lot of people, so why don't you practice what you preach? Not just TWG, but everywhere. Jerk.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • evilbutterfly
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2003
                        • 5784

                        #101
                        Didn't see the cardflipping discussion, but here's what I say: It may favor the humans, but look at my game. The wolves almost won. I'd say we should run a couple more mostly normal games with card-flipping in order to see if it continues to be a fairly close call. I think it's pretty well balanced, just add another wolf or something.

                        Tass: Like I said, I didn't know you were a wolf, I was just poking fun at the whole "Tass is always the center of everything" thing. I saw people be like "now back on the subject of Tass" and I was like "oh what now? Has he taken over the game yet, or is he trying to and failing?" but with specifics from the 2 games immediately before this one, in which you first faked blue and got killed and then came out as blue and headed the alliance. I didn't know anything, and everybody else seemed to understand that I was just teasing you all about focusing on Tass, but you flipped out. Had I been in the game I would have voted for you because you flipped out like that. Learn to keep your cool when under pressure. You should know that I don't like unfair games and revealing things, and if I had known you were a wolf I wouldn't have said anything. :P

                        And as for the TWC thing: Is blah even still alive? I don't think he would mind being ousted in favor of talisman. In favor of TPS, though, he may have a problem with. No offense buddy, but...yeah. :P

                        PS: Looks like Eva is PMSing again. XD
                        So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                        In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                        So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                        And I write the blog for their website.

                        Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #102
                          Originally posted by evilbutterfly
                          PS: Looks like Eva is PMSing again. XD
                          I'm a guy, remember?
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • User6773

                            #103
                            Originally posted by chardish
                            I know you have the emotional maturity to think about this instead of lashing back at me with a vitriolic retort.
                            So much for my theories : /

                            Comment

                            • JurseyRider734
                              lil j the bad b-word
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 7507

                              #104
                              Originally posted by chardish
                              Originally posted by chardish
                              I know you have the emotional maturity to think about this instead of lashing back at me with a vitriolic retort.
                              So much for my theories : /
                              I didn't have to think about anything because you were wrong in many of your "points", and I wanted to make sure you fully understood what I was trying to convey through my posts. Most of it was sarcasm, especially the one that said "ps you all suck X(". You used my sarcasm and contorted it into something mean that I was implying to everyone who got kicked out of the game, etc. I was more like "Oh, darn." than "FUCK YOU YOU ALL SUCK UGH FSEFOFJPOFIJ X(".

                              Jokes, jokes.
                              Originally posted by Arch0wl
                              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                              Comment

                              • stretchypanda
                                shock me shock me
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 4123

                                #105
                                In the spirit of giving credit where it is due, wasn't Kilga the first to use cardflipping?

                                I could be wrong. I wasn't paying enough attention to even know Guido was hosting a game.

                                Comment

                                Working...