TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #16
    RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

    I mean.... you do control the spreadsheet. just put it in there with like an asterisk saying "game not completed due to host's discretion and rules violations"

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #17
      RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

      LD, you can certainly lay less low than that. =/

      I like Tass's style on attacking Alain.


      But that game ended really stupidly. There's certainly very little question about that.

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • Tps222
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2004
        • 6169

        #18
        RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

        Haha, both games that end early I am not part of.

        I feel bad for Whorli, she had a good game going. GJ not following the rules people. It takes more effort to avoid it anyways. That's just spiteful.

        Good game wolves, though, if no one was booted, I'm not sure how much longer you would have lasted. You can't assume anything, things come up all the time. You had no idea that the seer was dead, one of you could have got seered, traces back to another etc. Though, I guess under these circumstances, as I as not part of the game, my opinion counts about as high as the Jets record.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #19
          RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

          Thank you Qreepy. Pity Alain didn't like it. He was so close to revealing me as a wolf... I had to compromise with him. I agreed to shut up and go inactive in the thread and on AIM so he could try and clear himself.

          I did, until he was tossed. Made one post saying why I wouldn't be around.
          RIP

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

            TPS: After no one went to Hans, Afro, Talisman, myself or posted in the thread in regards to Afro's seer post.... I thought it was pretty clear the seer was dead.

            And, congrats to me to peg Afro as a green.
            RIP

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

              I mean two wolves going at each other hard in the thread is a brilliant strategy if you're sure that you can guarantee the survival of the third wolf.

              Comment

              • User6773

                #22
                RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                I support crediting the wolves with the win because:

                1) The wolves were going to win anyway, let's face it
                2) The wolves were going to win on account of three humans who voluntarily withdrew from the game (1 of them blue.) That's an extra 2 days the wolves have to win the game.

                I agree that Whorli should have been more clear about her no swearing rule. However, I do not agree that she was out of line. It should be host's discretion to boot a player for whatever reason. I didn't know about the TWG rule against this and I think that rule should go.

                P.S.:
                HOW ALL Y'ALL MANAGED TO SCREW UP A PERFECTLY CROMULENT PLAN
                BY CHARDISH

                Step 1. I send out a planned PM to everyone. The purpose of this PM is that once I'm dead, a message will be revealed. This is obvious.

                Step 2. I put into the PM not to share the code with anyone. I thought it was pretty obvious that you shouldn't share the rest of the PM, either. That's why it's called, y'know, private messaging. If I wanted to simultaneously educate everyone on what my plan was about, I would have made a post in the thread explaining everything and then PM'd you just the codes. Did this cross your minds?

                Another question for you geniuses: If the point of the message is that it should only be heard upon someone's death, isn't it absolutely fatal to the person who wrote it to decode it before their death?

                Step 3. You guys decide that whoever sent the PMs is either a wolf, or a blue. No shit, Sherlock.

                Step 4. You decide it's a smart idea to share all the information with each other you're not supposed to share. You justify this by saying you're not going to share the codes with each other, but then some of you decide to do so anyway. I swear I don't understand you people.

                Step 5. Breaking instructions by putting all your information together, you determine that Chardish sent the PMs.

                Step 6. You decide that it's a smart idea to tell everyone this, even though it means that if Chardish is a blue this means he's almost certainly doomed. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't keep me alive then try to make me appear wolfish. I thought that's exactly what Jurs was doing, which is why I said I suspected her so much. Before I died.

                This is TWG quantum mechanics. You changed the outcome by observing it. So basically you do a phenomenal job of dooming me by revealing to everyone that I'm a blue.

                Since it was bloody obvious to anyone who studied the PM for more than 8 seconds that the message was only supposed to get out upon someone's death, by piecing together all your information and getting out the message BEFORE that death virtually guarantees the inaccuracy of the information contained therein.

                Your immense stupidity in handling this matter FORCES me to go into panic mode by coming out to the only people I trust are human at that point. Fish and Talis. Then I decided to come out to Tass, too, because I figured if anyone could help me out of this mess, he could - and he made the very correct observation that you guys were complete douches for sharing everything in the PM with each other.

                ASIDE: After a bunch of you said "Only Talis, Blah, Tass, Alain would be smart enough to do something like this" I got really ashamed to be playing TWG with you guys. I would hope that ALL of you would be smart enough to try something like that, even if it failed utterly.

                Comment

                • Kilgamayan
                  Super Scooter Happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 6583

                  #23
                  Re: RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                  Originally posted by chardish
                  1) The wolves were going to win anyway, let's face it
                  y helo thar guaranteed alderoth win that didn't count

                  I see no reason to give either side a win simply because of the precedent set by the tribal game.
                  I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #24
                    RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                    Chardish... the problem is, some of us don't agree with mystery PMs. I would never ever ever send one out. And I'm not even saying this just to do it later on... I hate them and want to outlaw them. Blah does too.

                    Alot of players would never have thought of your idea. Its like my idea last game, only more complex. Mine being sending 1 letter to 3 different people in case I die. Much more straightforward, but riskier. Because of the codes, it became clear people like Torlock would never do it. Others are too lazy... Kilga or Flypie.

                    Limits the amount of people. And I told Whorli to kill you the night before all of this happened... less than an hour after you sent it. Why? Because it was obvious to me just from Hans' PM that he so kindly shared with me... that you wrote it.

                    PS - Thanks to Hans for coming out to me. I love it when blues do that... not even just when I'm a wolf. I just love it in general.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #25
                      RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                      you COULD have masked your style a little better. the thing absolutely reeked of something you would try, which is part of the reason it was so obvious. The other part being the sharing, of course.

                      but then again, if it was obvious to alain right off the bat, then it probably wouldn't have mattered if no one had shared, would it have?

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #26
                        RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                        I would hope that ALL of you would be smart enough to try something like that, even if it TPS's.
                        Fix'd.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #27
                          RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                          TasselFoot: in the FFR Rules.
                          TasselFoot: not just the TWG rules
                          TasselFoot: the ENTIRE forum rules....
                          TasselFoot: its against the rules to break the swear filter
                          TasselFoot: so i don't understand why this is SUCH a big deal
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #28
                            RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                            Originally posted by chardish
                            "Only Talis, Blah, Tass, Alain would be smart enough to do something like this"
                            Haha, wait until Amanda gets here...

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              Re: RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                              Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                              Originally posted by chardish
                              1) The wolves were going to win anyway, let's face it
                              y helo thar guaranteed alderoth win that didn't count

                              I see no reason to give either side a win simply because of the precedent set by the tribal game.
                              The reason I ended the alderoth game was because of a fundamental flaw in the way people played the game.

                              My justification for ending it works like this: At the beginning of the game, if someone said "What's everyone's role?" and all the wolves said wolf and all the humans said human, wouldn't that be reason enough to declare the game null and void? To say "you guys missed the point of the game?"

                              This game was ended by people breaking the rules and whining.

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #30
                                RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

                                Guido: Hans was the one who said that to me, and I said it to Chardish as an explanation after I killed him.... so, blame Hans. But, I did agree with him.

                                Was also nice that 2/4 were wolves... and I just didn't see talisman doing that in his position in this game.

                                And now I must go. I'll be back.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...