I agree Strecthy, but I mean, people are biased. Tass would not get elected because most people don't like him as a player. Guido wouldn't because he isn't as popular as some players. Look at last hosting, Afro and I had perfectly good ideas, but Whorli won because she was the player favorite. Now, nothing against Whorli at all, I was just giving an example. Paraphasing from Metternich "Liberalism Sucks". Don't go all "Tps is out for himself" crap. I have always had this view, and I feel it is best for the game. I do think there are more deserving candidates out there (Alain, Hans, etc). Now, enough of this, Signup threads.
TWG XXII Postgame but not really.
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
I personally thought Whorli had the better idea.
I didn't want to play a gay ass football game, that's for sure.
Originally posted by Arch0wlI'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use
Originally posted by AfrobeanJust that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.Comment
-
I'd like to think that the people who post here are intelligent enough to vote based on qualifications, rather than popularity. We all approved of the original proposal for TWC, so I have no problem with the current members. However, if some people feel they are too busy, perhaps it is time to step down? I'm certainly not advocating the removal of any current members of TWC.Comment
-
Being busier than normal shouldn't be a problem for me again until my second JCulture essay and group presentation roll around.
Hell, I could even host, but I'd rather wait for TWG 25 to do that.I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.Comment
-
Kilga: what does twg20 have to do with anything? I've admitted about 10 times my ploy wasn't fully thought out, etc etc.
Also: my feelings most recently stem from your attitude much moreso than your inactivity...
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...hlight=#514563
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=511357#511357
We, as the 5 members of TWC, need to get into an AIM chat together... and hopefully work out a decision that all 5 of us can agree upon and will be beneficial for all the TWG players.RIPComment
-
I already covered about my attitude. Last post, previous page.I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.Comment
-
Again... that covers inactivity, but is no excuse for the crappy attitude. Or the profanity.Maybe next time people won't tell me to forget about my JCulture essay (y helo thar 25% of my grade) or forget about helping with the personal problems of close friends in order to focus on this game. I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to it either if you were in that situaiton.RIPComment
-
Ahh, mistake right there. The humor in his profanity is largely due to the hilarious excess to which he displays very humorous innappropriate words. You just made it sounds like you were pissy, and it didn't really fit at all.Originally posted by KilgamayanEDIT: I was also intentionally emulating ap in the chat (albeit on a lower level) because I figured people could use it since more people find him entertaining than not given what I've seen people say.
Signature subject to change.
THE ZERRRRRG.Comment
-
wait what was with nickadeemus' post... ? Did I miss something? Is he someone else?
on the other general stuff... we need to find a way to improve everyone's interest in the game without giving out the "twg is super serious business" vibe. while ffr twg is the best twg of the bemani sites for sure, that doesn't mean we need to have this sort of elitist image.
about TWC... I'll be glad to do it if the option is available, but I'm not going to actively campaign that kilga or blah or someone gets booted or whatever. I'll let you guys decide what you want to do about that.Comment
-
Take off blah, put in talisman. None of this Tps nonsense.
Originally posted by Arch0wlI'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use
Originally posted by AfrobeanJust that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.Comment
-
In the original thread where TWC was both proposed and ratified (here), it states that if someone leaves or is kicked out, then the other TWC people pick the replacement.
The point of the TWC is to have the rules of the game interpreted. We're influenced by what you have to say, but in the end it shouldn't be a representative body because it's above representation. It's kind of like how you don't find in the U.S. Constitution that all the Supreme Court members have to be from different states.
I think everyone needs an attitude adjustment regarding the game. Statements along the lines of "I'm not playing because waah waah waah" or "I'm not playing if waah waah waah" are becoming far more common. Some people, notably Jursey, are being outright mean and abrasive outside of the game. Such behavior might belong at a0.com, but certainly not here.
If anyone thinks the game itself isn't fun for whatever reason (too many blues, too many new roles, etc.), then HOST. As I said before, you should vote for the game, not the person, when you're voting for hosts. It'd be nice if people were open to new ideas, but it seems like too may people see TWG as an ego issue.
DON'T SIGN UP UNLESS YOU'RE WILLING TO ACCEPT BEING GREEN, either.
As for swear filter issues: get over it. There's no difference in meaning or intent between " fucking " and " fucking. " Yes, this is a forum rule, not a TWG rule. In fact, it even says in the newbies-read-or-else topic that we expect more out of you here. As Amanda said, it takes more effort to do this. I still support removal from the game for people who do break the swear filter, because it's completely unnecessary to do so.
Aperson's little sideshows in the past few games have been completely unacceptable. You might find them funny but his antics do not belong in the game. It's like going to a committee meeting and one guy does nothing but act stupid and swear and make jokes. It hinders the progress of the committee meeting. If he wants to be stupid like that he should do it outside the context of the meeting. I'm glad we're all comfortable with each other as regulars but stuff that's too puerile for even the Garbage Bin should definitely stay out of TWG.
Kilga: I'm sorry that you had stuff to do this game but when you sign up for the game you accept the fact that people are allowed to demand activity from you. Getting pissy about it and swearing and saying that you shouldn't be expected to give a damn is immature. I cite both Tass' posts as evidence - not only did you do jack last game, you got angry and resentful because people expected you to play the game you had signed up for.
Blah: Leaving Whorli's game because of the swear filter rule was immature, too.
I'm all for swapping Talis in for Kilga in TWC, but I think Alain should be in before TPS.
Reminder: Just because anyone is regular here does not mean they have to sign up every time. Sitting out a game can do a person a great deal of good for their attitude.Comment
-
I would respect your points more if you didn't take potshots at my online community. Never mind that FFR doesn't allow use of my primary imagehost (when it works, anyway) because a0.com is filtered.
There's other stuff I could list but I won't bother because it's not worth the effort and some of it is water under the bridge anyway.
And people wonder why I'm bitter. FFR gives me a lot of crap, so I don't see what the big huge deal when that I respond in kind given normally I grin and bear it and even go so far as to help the community out via making simfiles and keping the forums idiot-free (not to mention near single-handedly making the Garbage Bin the best forum it has been in a LONG time). I think I'm entitiled to one or two games like this, y'know? If I'm not then maybe I simply don't belong in the FFR community anymore.
Anyway, by TassWC standards I suppose this one game of bitterness and inactivity is enough to to take precedence over the fact that last game I Morphed Hans out and used a fake TWC ruling as the difference-maker in picking between Tass and LD in the game before that.I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.Comment
-
I can't stand you either, Chardish. Get off your fucking high horse.
Originally posted by Arch0wlI'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use
Originally posted by AfrobeanJust that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.Comment
-
I'm pretty sick of negativity, and in your past several posts you've made mockery and insults towards me, Tass, TPS, Blah, and Flypie, not to mention the anonymous and indirect "you guys suck." People need to lighten up - it's a game. If anyone is being driven to bitterness and anger about it they need to take a breather. Q did, and now he's back. Looks like that's what EB's doing, too. But nobody should be negative about a recreational activity.Originally posted by A search of Jursey's past few posts in this forumI can't stand you either, Chardish. Get off your #$#ing high horse.
----
Take off blah, put in talisman. None of this Tps nonsense.
----
I personally thought Whorli had the better idea.
I didn't want to play a gay ass football game, that's for sure.
----
Well if Tps is on TWC i'm not playing this game anymore rofl
----
I'd rather have alain or Hans on TWC. When you think Tps, you don't think "good TWG player."
Just because you two are little sport $*%# buddies doesn't mean he deserves to be on TWG. I don't think people who usually get lynched Day 1 or 2 should be on TWC.
----
TPS? TPS?????????? ARE YOU &*#$ ME ROFL
----
Would you be online enough to update it? rofl
----
Um i'm pretty sure I was the first to confront you about knowing you weren't the seer.
ps you guys suck X(
I know you have the emotional maturity to think about this instead of lashing back at me with a vitriolic retort.Comment
-
an ironic idiom coming from jurs haha
anyway here's the problem:
people are turned off by direct statements and insults to their playing... jurs' and kilga's responses above should be evidence of that. People are going to be less likely to change if you tell them to, especially in a public setting. Hell kilga seems willing to go far enough to remove himself from ffr in general just because of the way he's getting shit.
I say we stop pestering individuals... it's ineffective and divisive and only worsens the attitude problem. Instead, let's just focus on making the game more exciting. And I don't think the answer to that is more roles, or new elements, at least not necessarily. I think the simplest way is to increase posting. A post minimum will guarantee that everyone will have to participate a good amount. Plus it will encourage people to contact other people to make sure they make their posts, as no human wants the game to end early because someone got kicked out for inactivity. And in general, the more you participate, the more you're involved, the better chance you have of enjoying the game, and the more you'll be excited about playing twg.Comment
Comment