TWG VII Postgame Banter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lightdarkness
    Summer!!
    • Jul 2003
    • 11310

    #76
    Has it been annouced when sign ups will start? I can't seem to find it, and I want to be sure I'm in.

    Comment

    • Tsuteto
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 1312

      #77
      I can't believe I might say this to an admin...

      Take your cursor, point to this threads link. Good. Now go to the top stickied link. Click it. Now read and enjoy.

      Comment

      • lightdarkness
        Summer!!
        • Jul 2003
        • 11310

        #78
        Originally posted by Tsuteto
        I can't believe I might say this to an admin...

        Take your cursor, point to this threads link. Good. Now go to the top stickied link. Click it. Now read and enjoy.
        Yea, that was yesterday. I didn't know if it was posted in this thread. Idiot.

        And that comment on page 5 was uncalled for.

        Comment

        • Tsuteto
          FFR Player
          • May 2004
          • 1312

          #79
          I'm sorry?
          ...
          ...
          ...
          Well, not really.

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #80
            Great, i'm so glad you care.

            Comment

            • Tsuteto
              FFR Player
              • May 2004
              • 1312

              #81
              You're welcome.

              Oh, and to stay on topic... I still think the little argument between Tass and Afro was funny.

              Comment

              • GuidoHunter
                is against custom titles
                • Oct 2003
                • 7371

                #82
                Yea for Tass.
                Nay for emccky. Maybe a one game ban, but like blah said, it's a first offense, and if this doesn't get through to him, then it's serious.

                --Guido


                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                Comment

                • evilbutterfly
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 5784

                  #83
                  Hey guys, how about you stupid acting like little children and stay on topic.

                  YES for Tass, though I think he should be able to try to host. He won't get enough votes anyway, so it won't matter either way.

                  NO for emccky. I cheated in TWG5 and nothing happened. Others have cheated in the past and nothing happened. Also, there hasn't been a really official declaration of the rules yet, so those who haven't really played much before don't know all the rules 100%. I think this should just be a warning. Any further badness and he gets a temp ban.

                  And yeah, if you want to post your own ideas for hosting and all that, go to the thread I made. Keep all that discussion out of this. Also, Tsuteto, repeatedly saying the convo was funny is NOT staying on topic. And I better get in on the next game! I've died Night 1 and 2 in the past two games, and I want to actually play next time!!
                  So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                  In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                  So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                  And I write the blog for their website.

                  Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                  Comment

                  • lightdarkness
                    Summer!!
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 11310

                    #84
                    There needs to be more rules for TWG.

                    Like a warning system, what is defined as cheating, and soforth.

                    Comment

                    • Tsuteto
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2004
                      • 1312

                      #85
                      Originally posted by evilbutterfly
                      And yeah, if you want to post your own ideas for hosting and all that, go to the thread I made. Keep all that discussion out of this. Also, Tsuteto, repeatedly saying the convo was funny is NOT staying on topic. And I better get in on the next game! I've died Night 1 and 2 in the past two games, and I want to actually play next time!!
                      Yeah, I know. But it's more on topic if I say it than don't.

                      And I know what you mean. From the jTWG, I got killed the first night. I'm just saying that it was because the wolves feared me. XD

                      Comment

                      • lightdarkness
                        Summer!!
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 11310

                        #86
                        I would like the use this thread to appoligize for my behavior yesterday. I was out of line, and it was uncalled for.

                        I was having an EXTREMELY rough day yesterday, for reasons I would rather not go into on the forums. I'd be glad to chat on AIM about it, as it will help me cope.

                        But still, Tass should be allowed to host.

                        Comment

                        • Tsuteto
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2004
                          • 1312

                          #87
                          Meh, you're allowed to have bad days. That's one of the reasons why I rarely care as to how my life goes though.

                          As for this whole Tass ordeal... I'm not saying anything about this, mostly due to me not knowing what has happened. I'll have to go back and read the TWG.

                          And yay! I should be able to signup! 5:00 PM EST is 3:00 PM MST, which is my time I believe.

                          Comment

                          • stretchypanda
                            shock me shock me
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 4123

                            #88
                            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                            see my post above... panda pwnd me big time... even though i never talked to her.
                            At least not about anything related to the game.. and I'm told you sent the one conversation we had to someone else for "analysis."

                            As much as Tass annoys me during this game (I wanted to keep you alive to the end just to rub that "allstar" bullshit in your face), I don't think he should be banned. He takes it FAR too seriously, but it should be his choice to quit playing, not ours.

                            AS FOR THE REST OF YOU:
                            The fact that you follow someone so blindly makes it outrageously easy to kill you. This game was put in the CT forum because it was supposed to spark our creativity and (dare I say it!) ability to THINK CRITICALLY. I'm starting to agree with Q that it should be taken from this forum, because it really has nothing to do with critical thinking. Yes, this latest story was excellent and should have inspired us to great works of thought and roleplaying, but it DIDN'T. It was a bunch of sheep following the sort-of intelligent-sounding guesses of one person. I'm suspicious that LD continued to rely on Tasselfoot's judgement even after we killed Tass. That's freaking ridiculous, people. Play this game for YOURSELF. The power you give Tass makes it possible for him to manipulate any of you, whether he is a human or a wolf.

                            Chardish mentioned getting rid of alliances. All I have to say about that is, in the real game, with cards, a narrator, and people sitting in a circle in their living room, there are no alliances. I'm a purist. Whatever.

                            And as for this nonsense about my gathering of information being illegal. Bull. Guido originally told me he was human. The conversation went a little like, Panda: "Damn, nothing special. Again. You?" Guido: "Nope. I was a mason last time." And then I voted for LD and Jpec died. Jpec had been a mason before the role-reassigning, and Guido got a little confused and thought he, LD, and Jpec were masons, so he mentioned that he'd messed up in letting Jpec die, and when I asked why, he told me he was a mason. After accidentally signing into AIM under Guido's screenname (curse you, auto log-in!), I got the already mentioned IMs from LD and Eyespew. Guido told me LD was a mason so that I wouldn't vote to lynch him anymore. You make it sound like I performed sexual favors in return for the information I received. There was nothing illegal about it -- that kind of information is shared in alliances, and I (albeit accidentally and unwillingly) found myself sort of wedged in an alliance. I will admit I felt sort of ashamed when, after being asked if he had seen my PM, Guido replied, "No, we have honor." Oops.

                            As for killings.. Cypher was kind of a random pick. At the time the vote to kill him was sent, Alain didn't even know he was playing the game. I just mentioned to Afro that I thought Cypher would make a good night 1 (and then I felt guilty when I learned about your cool siggie). Afro, I think, thought all the wolves had to send in a PM about who should die, so he PMed Chardish and told him to kill Cypher. Whoops. Game on! Sorry, buddy.

                            I should mention, now, that I had an elaborate post typed up, but my computer has been blocked from the intarweb, so I'm using my roommate's computer. Sigh.

                            Anyway. After night 1, things got tricky. The three wolves had one AIM chat together where we shared strategy. Then we decided that, since I would be at Guido's house for a large part of the game, conversation with me and either Alain or Afro would be too risky, since (to Guido's knowledge, at least), I've never spoken to either of them, and since Guido knows I think the alliances are a bad idea, he'd know I couldn't have any good reasons to talk to them at this point. So when I left for Waco, all I knew was that EB was the guardian and he was the next pick for a violent death. :/ I was tired enough when Guido announced the next death that I actually found it kind of hard to feign surprise.

                            When I found out the special roles (save for Eyespew), I had maybe five minutes to myself, while Guido was distracted by family, to have a quick IM conversation with Afro and to send very cryptic, short PMs to Alain giving him the information I had, and a tidbit I'd picked up reading over Guido's shoulder (Eyespew: If me or LD dies, it was Tass). Alain chose the next two kills (Emccky and Tass), and the night I left Guido's house was the night Alain went out of town. He sent me a PM with his plan for the rest of the game, his password, a phone number where I could reach him, and a post he'd written.

                            This is where I panicked. I didn't think I could do it -- I had to work, I had to avoid the suspicions of my boyfriend, and now I had to be two people?

                            But, like I said, the blind following the blind made it pretty easy. I just had to play into the image of the simple-minded girlfriend-of-genius many people have made for me, and watch how the bandwagons went. Instalynches became my best friend.

                            While I ultimately enjoyed playing this, and got lots of laughs from my conversations with clueless humans...
                            Panda: I think you're right about Afro, Blah, and Hans
                            Eyespew: It's definitely more information than we've had any other game. Being a mason lets you use the process of elimination.
                            (note: above conversation is from memory, all the logs are on my worthless, blocked computer)
                            ...I will most likely be sitting out for a while. School is starting, and I have to get my ass in gear if I have a prayer of successfully transferring to a much, much better school. I've also been cast in a play that will take up most of my time starting Monday, and I'm still on the crew team, and spring is always very busy for us. So it's possible that I may come here just to play or to watch Guido on the cam I got him for Christmas. =)

                            Thank you many, TWG.

                            Comment

                            • blahblah18
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 1662

                              #89
                              well said , and I don't think I'm a follower, despite how much tass wishes I would baa, but you make the correct arguemnt, and i hope some people take it to heart.
                              but for now... postCount++

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #90
                                If I had stayed in the game, I would have been sure to NOT wolf Tass. That's another mistake I think Alain made. If Tass never got wolf'd, eventually all the humans would be like "OK, Tass would be wolfed under all circumstances except if he's a wolf." Then Tass would get lynch'd. That would be an even greater blow to Tass ego than merely not winning- his team losing and him gettting lynch'd.

                                Also:
                                Originally posted by Stretchy
                                A lot of stuff that I'm not going to quote
                                Very well put.

                                Comment

                                Working...