TWG VII Postgame Banter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #16
    1) buttonkiller, . Use it, don't spam.

    2) To add to what Afrobean said: it's not that Tass is great at forming alliances or anything. The only reason going to Tass will bring you a great alliance is because everybody goes to Tass. I went to Tass because I hadn't really talked to anybody else in TWG while in a game, so I figured I'd go with somebody familiar that I might have some idea about. I went to Afrobean as well because I know him best of all the TWG players. I didn't reveal myself to Tass just because he was Tass, I did it because he was familiar. I suggest you all familiarize yourself with other players. If we can read each other better, we can trust each other better rather than just go to Tass.

    3) Tass hosting looks to be a great solution. His idea is made to bring humans together (I don't know how the game will be, but it's worth a shot). Actually, any idea other than the norm seems to look good now. This was probably the best TWG yet, and I think it's not just the great story, but the new roles and different approach the game took. We should start experimenting more. May be some games will fail miserably, but it's worth a shot, no?
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • blahblah18
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2004
      • 1662

      #17
      fairly well put EB... everyone has new ideas for games, I don't l9oike tass hosting 3 straight games cuz cypher will explode, and what tass said is definately right on.. its not that people need tass to win, but rather people need a leader to win. the games should be called wolves and sheep.. it maeks more sense for wolves to attack sheep, and the humans definately act as sheep just following someoen around.. someone needs to step up as the herder and form some cohesive opinions, run them by others, make educated guesses, and have enough influence that their vote matters. IT really only has to do with Tass because you all let him take that position of power. I feel that I do a good job in not being part of that while still being open to ideas and listening to different oppinions while trying to garner support myself.
      but for now... postCount++

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #18
        i merely said about hosting 3 games in a row if that is what others wanted... i really don't want to do that either.

        and, yes... everyone who is planning on hosting a game in the near future has new and different ideas for the game. i know that when cypher finally gets a change to host, his idea will be excellent (as i know what it is).

        PS - blah is my sheep. baaah for me biotch!
        RIP

        Comment

        • blahblah18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 1662

          #19
          hahaha you wish man, you wish.s. I"m the one man attempting to maintain order and reason haha
          but for now... postCount++

          Comment

          • evilbutterfly
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2003
            • 5784

            #20
            Sheep, nice one. It seems to be true from what I can see, but I can only really see parts of what others do. I, for the record, never fully trust Tass. In this game I was uneasy telling him that I was guardian, but I knew that if he was a wolf he wouldn't kill me. I didn't even tell him that I told Afrobean, I just said "I told somebody else, so don't try anything." I told Afrobean that I told Tass, however, and I figured if I died then it had to be Afrobean because Tass wouldn't even have anybody to lay the blame on (since I didn't tell him who I told).

            Also, in TWG5 where Tass was pretty much the ringleader, I didn't trust him until Alain admitted his defeat. If Alain hadn't admitted to being wolf I still would have thought that maybe Tass and LD were trying to screw us over and that they were wolves. I've never trusted Tass completely except then when Alain was stupid and messed up :P.

            Oh, and Tass, some have raised concerns that your grammar/capitalization/stuff isn't so great, and they would be kinda angered if you hosted, for that reason. Hence, if you do host, you must promise that you will go through and proofread the story and all before you post it.

            And blah, I didn't agree with Tass hosting 3 games in a row. I'm just saying that we need to stop doing the same old game. Tass has his idea, Cypher (I think) has his idea that would be a major change, and I'm sure there are others. Like, I thought it would be cool to have more wolves (5, maybe) and 2 seers, and the Master Wolf can be seen as a wolf only if both seers view him. I'm not running for host, though, I just figured I'd throw that out there to see what people think.

            Speaking of which, may be we should make a thread about TWG ideas? New roles to incorporate, ways to balance it out with new roles and different numbers of people. I'd like to see, all in one thread, how people think TWG should be run. Then we can pull the best of those ideas and incorporate them into TWG, with the sketchy ideas being put into jTWG perhaps. Just a thought, though.
            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
            And I write the blog for their website.

            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #21
              No worries EB. My storylines will have proper capitalization.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #22
                I've already given chardish a plan to prevent PM snooping in the future. I hope he carries it out in the next game he hosts, or gives it to whoever hosts the next one.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #23
                  my plan to prevent PM issues... I WILL NOT BE SENDING OUT PMS! makes life simple, aye?
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #24
                    If I had to give out mvp it would go to Stretch for going through with the effort to call me while I was away to keep me updated on the thread and get my opinion, and then post for me. Thankyou all for playing and for being played :P jk.
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • User6773

                      #25
                      Okay, Tass, you were NOT simply asking LD what FOXHOUND was. Granted, nobody knew what it was, but the question wasn't "What's FOXHOUND?" It was stated below.

                      <3 AIM logs.

                      (00:06:53) Evan: ZOMG PM
                      (00:07:08) Jay: oh cool
                      (00:07:12) Jay: Tasselfoot is my choice (NOTE: LD was the guardian before the role switch)
                      (00:07:17) Evan: k
                      (00:08:09) Jay: what are you calling Humans?
                      (00:08:20) Evan: all this will be posted soon
                      (00:08:27) Jay: now!!!!!!
                      (00:08:29) Jay: pelase
                      (00:08:36) Evan: no
                      (00:08:38) Jay: shit
                      (00:08:41) Evan: why?
                      (00:08:42) Jay: i'll "brb' then
                      (00:08:51) Evan: WHO IS SOLICITING PM INFORMATION
                      (00:08:55) Jay:
                      (00:08:56) Jay: noone
                      (00:08:56) Jay: lol
                      (00:09:03) Evan: You better not be BSing me
                      (00:09:07) Jay: I'm not
                      (00:09:11) Jay: the only person i'm talking to is tass
                      (00:09:14) Jay: and he hasn't goten his pm yet
                      (00:13:31) Jay: Tass: i am a FOX*****, you?
                      (00:13:53) Jay: help me

                      (00:31:35) Evan: you really should know better though...you essentially proved your humanity to LD because you talked to him before I posted the PM info (an unwise decision by me)
                      (00:31:54) TasselFoot: uh huh.

                      Like Guido said, I support the idea of banning Tass from any involvement from TWG8 and 9. I think that's fair. Go back and read through the TWG 5 postgame thread and you'll realize that Tass did this exact same thing and it was firmly established that it was cheating.

                      Yeah, I did it too in TWG 5. But it was mainly as a one-time silly experiment. I apologized for it, and I didn't do it again. Tass did neither of those things.

                      Comment

                      • blahblah18
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 1662

                        #26

                        gg?
                        but for now... postCount++

                        Comment

                        • flypie743
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 3210

                          #27
                          I agree with Guido's idea about Tass.

                          Yeah, we were screwed since Guido shared everything with Stretchy :<. I have to say I had an alliance with eyespew towards the end, but he didn't have stretchy figured out, and neither did I. I have to say, well played game, stretchy.

                          IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                          Comment

                          • eyespewgreekfire
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2003
                            • 372

                            #28
                            I agree that Tass should get a temp ban. I also think that the whole thing with panda and guido was rather unfair. Panda learned of the masons through, although unintentional, illegal ways. The different acess to information that people have is rather unfair. I think that stretchy and guido, as well as tass and whorli, should only be able to play in the same game under these conditions:
                            1. There is no way for them to log into the other persons AIM, ffr PMs or something by mistake (ie not in the same house).
                            2. They pledge before the game they will not use their possible unfair advantage.
                            3. They change their passwords so that they cannot log into each other's account.
                            This is not the first time that this has been a problem. Tass has logged into whorli's account in the past (not to mention his ordeal with chardish). Panda now unintentionally learns who the masons are, and Guido bases opinions on information he should not have acess to (even though they are wrong. Also, I think this thing with phantom votes in instalynches needs to be amended. The last day was essentially a race to get votes in first. The wolves won on a technicality which should be fixed. I propose these new instalynch rules:
                            Assuming there are no phantom votes, a player is instalynched when they have >n votes against them when 2n people are playing.
                            If there are phantom votes for a person who will possibly be instalynched, each phantom vote counts as an additional player in the game. In this protocol, shox would not have been instalynched, since his phantom vote would have added a 6th player to the pool, thus making 4 the number needed to instalynch him.
                            I also propose that to avoid these situations in the future, we have ffr twg "house rules." This means that official rules for all ffr twg should be written up and posted either as its own sticky or in chardish's twg history thread. I would be happy to write this up if nobody else wants to. (I will ask people to edit it before I post it of course). Any amendments to the house rules can be discussed and agreed upon as a group.


                            edit: I also want to say that emmcky broke some rules in this game. First he offered to show me his PM (which I of course refused), which isn't quite against the rules, since he did not actually show it. However, he pasted to me a conversation in which Chardish told him some psychic info. When I get home (I'm at my dad's office) I'll post what he sent me. Perhaps a temp ban for him too?

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              Originally posted by eyespewgreekfire
                              I also propose that to avoid these situations in the future, we have ffr twg "house rules." This means that official rules for all ffr twg should be written up and posted either as its own sticky or in chardish's twg history thread. I would be happy to write this up if nobody else wants to. (I will ask people to edit it before I post it of course).
                              I'm already working on it.

                              Comment

                              • lightdarkness
                                Summer!!
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 11310

                                #30
                                Seriously, this banning Tass nonsense is rediculous.

                                He asked me what I was, it was no different than saying "I am a Hum**, You?" It's because I didn't know the role! That isn't cheating!

                                That'd be like saying "You in the KG*" (Oh shit, i'm in the CIA, I don't know what the last letter is!)

                                Is that cheating? No.

                                Let Tass host next game, he can't cheat, and hasn't.

                                Comment

                                Working...