TWG VII Postgame Banter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Verruckter
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2004
    • 2707

    #31
    Wow, looks who's talking about nonsens. Mr. "I try to find things that don't exist in other people's posts". Sry for "flaming" but that annoyed me so much. Bah, I just won't play next time.
    Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
    Image removed for size violation.

    Comment

    • lightdarkness
      Summer!!
      • Jul 2003
      • 11310

      #32
      Originally posted by Verruckter
      Wow, looks who's talking about nonsens. Mr. "I try to find things that don't exist in other people's posts". Sry for "flaming" but that annoyed me so much. Bah, I just won't play next time.
      Hey, I was just trying to find something to vote on, calm yourself.

      Comment

      • User6773

        #33
        Originally posted by lightdarkness
        He asked me what I was, it was no different than saying "I am a Hum**, You?" It's because I didn't know the role! That isn't cheating!
        You're wrong, because the reason he asked you that was because he wouldn't expect a non-human to know what FOXHOUND was at that very, very early stage in the game. Nor would he expect anyone to know what FOXHOUND was.

        This should be obvious.

        Comment

        • evilbutterfly
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 5784

          #34
          Originally posted by lightdarkness
          Let Tass host next game, he can't cheat, and hasn't.
          I agree with the first part that he should be allowed to host, but you can't say he hasn't cheated. He has cheated in the past and I think he'll probably continue to cheat or "find loopholes" in the rules.

          However, I don't think he should definitly host next game. Other people have been waiting to host for some time and may be they should have their chance first. Tass should host eventually though.
          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
          And I write the blog for their website.

          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

          Comment

          • CypherToorima
            Boss of all bosses
            • Jul 2003
            • 2452

            #35
            I have one thing to ask the wolves. Why did you wolf me? I hardly knew any of you. I don't really consider myself a super stong player like blah are tass.

            It's probably going to something lame like "Eh, we knew you weren't going to be gaurdianed" ;__;
            I'm a figantic gaggot

            Comment

            • User6773

              #36
              [17:37] Evan: riddle me this, batman
              [17:38] Evan: if he wanted to know if you were human or not, why did he phrase the question involving a special term from the PM? why didn't he just ask "are you human?"
              [17:38] Jay: he shouldn't be banned
              [17:39] Evan: answer my question
              [17:39] Jay: sec
              [17:40] Jay: halo
              [17:42] Jay: back
              [17:42] Jay: so
              [17:42] Jay: yea, he asked if I was a Fox*****
              [17:42] Jay: he didn't say, fill in the stars
              [17:42] Jay: I could've said i'm a Fox***** too
              [17:42] Evan: [17:38] Evan: if he wanted to know if you were human or not, why did he phrase the question involving a special term from the PM? why didn't he just ask "are you human?"
              [17:43] Jay: wasn't just from the PM, it was from the game
              [17:43] Evan: It hadn't shown up anywhere but the PM yet
              [17:43] Jay: exactly
              [17:43] Jay: it should've been hoste
              [17:43] Jay: posted*
              [17:43] Jay: like I did the game before
              [17:43] Evan: Meaning, he brought the PMs into it
              [17:44] Evan: That's like saying it's my fault you got shot because I didn't give all my friends bulletproof vests
              [17:44] Evan: I didn't think it was necessary because I thought that NO ONE WOULD BE SHOOTING PEOPLE
              [17:44] Jay: meaning, I posted all the roles before I sent out the PMs
              [17:44] Jay: rather... I told all the special roles, in their PM's, what the other roles were
              [17:44] Jay: Just don't' ban him
              [17:44] Evan: Tempban.
              [17:44] Evan: I think it's right.
              [17:44] Jay: not from hosting
              [17:45] Evan: Yes from hosting. If he hosts 8 and plays 9, which is exactly what he wants, there's no punishment.
              [17:45] Jay: He doesn't deserve to be banned
              [17:46] Evan: Tempban.
              [17:46] Evan: He should sit out two games.
              [17:46] Jay: no
              [17:46] Jay: I disagree
              [17:46] Jay: who the hell is gonna host next game?
              [17:46] Evan: It was firmly established after TWG 5 that any discussion of what's in your PMs is illegal, regardless of the precautions the host decides to take
              [17:46] Evan: Cypher and Flypie have both wanted to for about 3 games now.
              [17:46] Jay: Flypie says she is going to make the game retarded, and cypher wants 24 people in the game
              [17:47] Jay: Oh, Guess by those guys putting the foxhound pic in their sigs is illegial, cause you can't bring in stuff from your PM's
              [17:48] Evan: When those guys put the foxhound pic in their sigs, the first story post already came out, which had FOXHOUND written all over it. It was no longer solely in the domain of PMs
              [17:48] Jay: lol, I voted Guido day 1
              [17:48] Jay: lol
              [17:48] Jay: so
              [17:48] Jay: you are allowed to talk about your PM
              [17:48] Jay: once the roles are annouced?
              [17:48] Evan: no
              [17:49] Jay: you contradicted yourself
              [17:49] Evan: but just because FOXHOUND shows up in the PM doesn't mean you can never say "FOXHOUND" once everyone knows what it is
              [17:49] Jay: exactly
              [17:49] Jay: so if you would've posted the roles
              [17:49] Jay: noproblem
              [17:50] Evan: if i don't lock my doors, it's still against the law to come into my house and take my stuff
              [17:51] Evan: regardless of the precautions i put in place, cheating is cheating
              [17:51] Jay: It's your definition of cheating against mine
              [17:51] Evan: we'll see what the others have to say

              Comment

              • flypie743
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2004
                • 3210

                #37
                [17:45] Evan: Yes from hosting. If he hosts 8 and plays 9, which is exactly what he wants, there's no punishment.
                Agreed. He should sit out for two games-hosting and playing.

                IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                Comment

                • eyespewgreekfire
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 372

                  #38
                  is everyone here forgetting about emmcky? I think he should get a temp ban too. Here is what he pasted to me: (note: this is not full convo, just the incriminating part)
                  pntblr54: complete proof i am the psychic
                  pntblr54: pntblr54: You have no new messages. < im not supposed to be seeing that XD<HR>Auto response from Sindacollion: you are mine besides<HR>
                  Sindacollion: I was just about to PM you
                  Sindacollion: So I guess I'll tell you here
                  Sindacollion: 3 wolves left
                  pntblr54: k
                  pntblr54: ahh
                  pntblr54: ok

                  Comment

                  • blahblah18
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 1662

                    #39
                    I gotta agree with Chardish on this one... I also think Jay wants Tass to host for personal reasons immediately which is making the whole thing seem kinda weird.

                    Awesome how Cypher consideres me a good player even though my win % is ridiculously bad so therefore I must really suck

                    24 people won't make the game bad LD, we have plenty of players that will play it and in a kinda combo of cypher's (my) idea and Tass's, you can have 3 wolves and a Serial Killer and then you would only need 20 players, which as we all know would be ridiculously easy to get... Or I could host and have some real cool ideas but I wouldn't put time into the stories cuz I just don't have good ideas in that realm, I"m always more of a gameplay guy myself, but heh thats why i'm not asking to moderate.
                    but for now... postCount++

                    Comment

                    • roopert
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 149

                      #40
                      I also agree with the two game ban for Tass. Yes, Chardish should have posted all of the roles before he sent out the PMs, but that still doesn't give Tass the right to go around it and find a loophole to use to his advantage. It was Just like in game V, he doesn't view it as being wrong and defeating the entire point of the game, rather clever and innovative. I saw him make a post, and while I'm not going to go find it to quote, it said this game isn't about fun, but about winning. That might have been in last game, I'm not sure. I just remember him saying that and going "WTF?". Well, if winning is all you care about, I'll make you a nice pretty banner in paint with a cool title such as "KING OF THE WORLD" or something else to help your ego. Do you think you are the only one who can come up with clever ways to cheat? It really isn't that hard. Yes, you have to do a little bit of thinking, but anyone who sets out to get an unfair advantage and has someone who views the game in the same way they do (LD) can easily do it. Why don't they then? Not because they can't; they would rather play the game with some dignity and win, or lose, fair, knowing they had just as good a chance as someone else to win, and they only lost because they were outplayed. Quit ruining the game for everyone else by trying to cheat so you can get a cool looking sig.

                      As for new game ideas, I'm all for that. I would love to see some new and innovative ideas incorporated into the future games. I don't want to host, but one of the ideas to be thrown out there is have no seer or masons, instead have one or two humans who, if attacked, somehow fend off the wolves and kill one of them and stay alive, or die with them. Could be interesting, not sure how well it would work.

                      Chardish, awesome story.

                      EDIT: Sorry thank sounded a bit harsh, Tass. I just thought it was the best way to get my point across nice and clear.

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #41
                        Originally posted by lightdarkness
                        It's because I didn't know the role!
                        That's exactly why it's cheating.

                        And with the way you've been acting about this, I'm starting to think you have ulterior motives for Tass not getting banned.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • HansSky
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 1925

                          #42
                          I'm still stuck on my two picks for wolves these last two games. First game, Cypher. Last game, stretchy. I'm seriously starting to think that all of this 'guessing' isn't just a coincidence anymore.

                          Don't worry, I'll get over it.

                          And people: When I said I had IRL issues that prevented me from taking this game so seriously, and making me rack up votes, I wasn't lying. I wouldn't do that shit just to get people's votes off of me. I think that's wrong, to use RL as an excuse to keep you in the game longer. Sure, I wouldn't have minded if I didn't get lynched, but I WASN'T LYING.

                          Ok, now on to current events.

                          I really don't like what I'm hearing, and I think Tass needs a break from the game period. Not indefinite, but a few(2) games. No hosting, no playing. So many people are tired of people playing ring around the rosie as he sings and dances. That's not what this game should be about. I think he needs a break, and I moreso, I think WE need a break from him.


                          Originally posted by chardish
                          [[17:46] Evan: Cypher and Flypie have both wanted to for about 3 games now.
                          [17:46] Jay: Flypie says she is going to make the game retarded, and cypher wants 24 people in the game
                          GG LD. I love how you make it sound like the game will suck if Cypher hosts. Flypie said she'll make it retarded. Ok, there are other choices. O noes...we can't pick Cypher because his game will have 24 PEOPLE. WOW. THE ICEBERG HAS HIT. WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST.

                          No. I'm very interested in what Cypher is willing to do with the game. Yes, I am also curious what Tass has to say, but not without punishment. Let him sit out two games(COMPLETELY), and then he can host if he wants.
                          hi

                          Comment

                          • flypie743
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 3210

                            #43
                            Originally posted by HansSky

                            Originally posted by chardish
                            [[17:46] Evan: Cypher and Flypie have both wanted to for about 3 games now.
                            [17:46] Jay: Flypie says she is going to make the game retarded, and cypher wants 24 people in the game
                            GG LD. I love how you make it sound like the game will suck if Cypher hosts. Flypie said she'll make it retarded. Ok, there are other choices. O noes...we can't pick Cypher because his game will have 24 PEOPLE. WOW. THE ICEBERG HAS HIT. WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST.
                            I never said I would make the game retarded. I have no idea what he is talking about.

                            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #44
                              whatever y'all decide, i'm fine with. you want me out for 2 games, i'm out. you want me only not to play, i'll host. i have multiple great ideas, including my current proposal for twg8, with the storyline thought out fairly well so far.

                              and, as far as i know, LD has no extra incentive to defend me. i have no asked him to, i have not promised him anything, nor will his defense of me gain him any favors if/when i host a twg.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #45
                                I say that whoever participated in TWG 7 should vote on Tass's fate, as it seems he is willing to serve whatever his penalty is.

                                Comment

                                Working...