TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #1546
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    people keep talking about how they find blind to be pretty similar to previous games and tbh he feels pretty similar to me most of the time

    his reasons here are like... a little loose and I suppose that's slightly more indicative of blind!town than anything else (see his read on precarious taking a century to post something being wolfy) but that's mostly making something up for him I don't really know on him

    I'm town so don't vote me thanks
    I'm starting to think that the best way to get a read on blind is to piss him off


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #1547
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      Sytho dying seems like pr hunting.
      This is how I see it honestly. Having played a wolf in the previous game, our strategy had very much been “kill a potential killing role, stay away from the innocent child who is likely to be guarded.” While not necessarily relevant here, people seem strangely reluctant to consider that scum might NK strategically rather than simply target the most immediately appealing target, which is necessarily fraught with complications.

      ***

      So, the day largely starts with a lot of initial heat toward Sun Fan. See Freezin in 1242, Celirra in 1246. In the same period, Funnygurl defended Sun several times. None of these reactions are inherently problematic—Sun was at risk of lynch, so suspicion, defense, and general discussion are expected.

      ***

      Xiz is fairly active early on, and his play is definitely more game-sided. Not that there's no off topic or joke material, but it's much more of an engaged Xiz. Given my experiences with him last game, I know he's capable of faking that, but it still feels like a tonal departure, so I lean slightly town on his early day. Of course, the other stuff came shortly thereafter, but I liked the early “serious” blitz. It felt real.

      Comment

      • Precarious
        Unacceptable
        • Mar 2014
        • 208

        #1548
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Xiz
        For context:

        sunfan votes sytho
        wc tells sunfan dont do that
        sunfan gets off sytho
        sunfan states hes getting off because wc convined him
        sunfan later sates he got off not because wc convinced him
        I call sunfan out on it
        sunfan admits it

        Sunfan didn't lie, but... it wasn't the truth and im stuck
        This is an interesting point. That sort of causal mismatch is...problematic.

        My guess is that after Sun weakened on Syhto, I listed them as my leading wolf candidate in my short roster run. That made Sun say that they couldn't see w/w, and then shortly thereafter voted me. That suggests to me that the switch away from Syhto was probably legitimate—either Sun was still weakly wolf-reading both of us, or was wolf-reading me, and my accusation cemented their interpretation of Syhto. Sun voted me shortly thereafter. The initial post actually set off alarm bells because Sun used a weird impromptu nickname for me, and we had interacted a fair bit during the prior game (Sun was hosting, so I asked a fair number of questions on Discord). But the vote on me shored up their overall profile by at least generating a post-to-post level of consistency. That clashes with the lack of internal consistency above though.

        Comment

        • Precarious
          Unacceptable
          • Mar 2014
          • 208

          #1549
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by Celirra
          Isnt lynch all liars just a way of twisting the prevalence of illogic to convince people that bad thought patterns equivalate to wolfiness
          While I definitely stood to benefit last game with the competing fake claims, I really do believe that fake claims should be punished. Any sort of gambit doesn't outweigh the implicit lack of trust, nor the precedent it sets—particularly since I've seen towns get burned elsewhere ignoring fake claims. But it's worth distinguishing between outright, specific lies and internal inconsistencies. Everyone is likely guilty of the latter from time to time—I'll probably manage a few in this text wall. But while they shouldn't necessarily be a clarion call for an immediate lynch, internal inconsistency is definitely more scum-sided than town, because wolves are, by definition, putting on an act, and thus aren't actually working toward the goal of lynching all wolves. Thus, they're more likely to get their wires crossed when making cases—they're not actually trying to solve anything, they're just putting up what looks good, and would benefit the wolf victory condition long term.

          The problem with an inconsistency like this is that it's certainly something a wolf might do; make a convenient case, then retract it when it stops being convenient. But because a wolf-case is always manufactured, how they get in and out of it can be lost along the way. But at the same time, inconsistency isn't solely a wolf failing, particularly in a game where gut reads and general intuition plays a large role. It can be difficult to fully explain how you feel sometimes (although I think it's good practice to at least try). So while I would hold that lynch all liars isn't necessarily bad advice, it should apply to clear, definitive lies, and less so to something like this. I kind of fall in the middle on this; I think it should be a point against Sun, but not a huge one.

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #1550
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Precarious how the fuck are you making these long posts so fast?


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • Precarious
              Unacceptable
              • Mar 2014
              • 208

              #1551
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by Celirra
              Oh uh as an aside... I'm really sorry for any stupid stuff caused by my outburst last phase
              Uh
              I'll explain in postgame but irl hit 100x harder than it thought it would
              People get upset playing this game, and I'd hope that (absent truly cruel personal attacks) we can all look past someone getting upset, particularly if there's an irl component. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to apologize for.

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #1552
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                It's honestly alarming that you're producing so much content so rapidly

                it feels premeditated


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • Precarious
                  Unacceptable
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 208

                  #1553
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  Precarious how the fuck are you making these long posts so fast?
                  I've been working on them for hours. They're all already written. I would have posted them in real time, but last time I did that in the anonymous Danganronpa game, I ended up posting about something that had already been proved impossible later in the thread. So I waited this time, resulting in this dumb backlog.

                  There are more coming, obviously.

                  Comment

                  • Precarious
                    Unacceptable
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 208

                    #1554
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    looking at Gradiant's last will and testament

                    funny > indheart > sunfan
                    I agree with this order.

                    ***

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    do you think there's any validity to the rest of the reads gradiant had?

                    of that list who is most suspicious to you?
                    Having said that, I could be wrong about the order, to the extent it's even relevant. Gradiant's flip guarantees the reads were made in good faith, but they were also made under duress (time and looming votes). I don't really see InD or Sun as particularly wolfy, and even Funny is more a PoE thing relative to the overall player pool. But whether or not they're right, they're at least worth considering as honest assessments.

                    On the other hand, there's a fair amount of OMGUS involved, as two of the three Gradiant voters were also on his list.

                    Comment

                    • Precarious
                      Unacceptable
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 208

                      #1555
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                      i mean it's probably as valid as any townie dishing out reads, yeah?



                      so, indheart or sunfan?

                      indheart's null for me. sunfan was kinda town but i don't trust that read much anymore.

                      indheart, but also i wouldn't lynch either of them rn
                      So this is townier than Funny on D1, although part of my problem with her was just the lack of gameplay engagement on the first day. She seems more focused today, which overall is null I guess, town-sided if anything.

                      ***

                      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                      leaning towards disagree because of his incorrect read of me
                      But then this happens. It's extremely unlikely that anyone could possibly guess everyone from the dataless mess of D1—we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example. So I'd take Gradiant's list with a grain of salt—but only as a general assessment, rather than because you're there. Dismissing the validity of the other two suspicions, even if you don't agree with them, moreso because of his read on you—which imo wasn't entirely unwarranted—feels overly defensive.

                      ***

                      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                      if you mislynch me again dbp i swear

                      if anything go for the others first
                      And of course this is not an actual defense. Past ain't prologue. Particularly given your own skepticism toward the other suspects. Shouldn't you be telling DBP to look elsewhere altogether, rather than “lynch them first”?

                      Comment

                      • Precarious
                        Unacceptable
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 208

                        #1556
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I think dbp is saying too many... weird things

                        if he think I justified something in hindsight but am town, that doesn't make too much sense considering he voted Gradiant for something that isn't exactly the same but is in a similar light

                        he has just been pretty weird and I think that's a lot more wolfy for him than not
                        Okay, I have to ask, because this has been driving me crazy. Like, I know I don't haven't played a ton of games here, so my meta-knowledge of any of you is sort of limited, but DBP's play this game has been very different from what I've seen in the past. And not in the “this is their town game, this is their wolf game” way; DBP's style and overall approach feels dramatically different. Have I just played with DBP at the wrong times in the past, or is this a completely new game style for them?

                        Comment

                        • Precarious
                          Unacceptable
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 208

                          #1557
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Even though gradiant was vanilla, i feel we should lynch in his pool, and by that i mean the people who voted for him and the people he said we should look into.
                          That would be FG, DBP, Sun Fan, and inD. There's a lot of overlap between the two pools—FG and Sun Fan are in both. DBP voted Gradiant, inD was on the last testament. I'm sort of leaning toward FG so far, but even there I don't feel great about it. I wouldn't say we should necessarily limit to this pool—it's not like there's guaranteed to be a bad guy in it. But all of those people warrant attention if for no other reason than their proximity to Gradiant.

                          ***

                          Originally posted by Celirra
                          And that's why you voted me right
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          No. That was mostly a i don't like your vibe. But I'll be changing, don't worry.
                          Not the best look here.

                          Comment

                          • Precarious
                            Unacceptable
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 208

                            #1558
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            Last one for now.

                            Originally posted by FreezinIce
                            Everything coming out of xiz is registering as white noise

                            ? ? ? ?
                            Xiz feels townier than last game. Obviously there's a bias there on my part, I feel like he's pushing in a way he didn't before. I'm not getting a lot of white noise here. Even the off topic stuff has toned down.

                            ***

                            Originally posted by Tps222
                            i dont know how the vote tag works I guess

                            freezn
                            Even by my standards you're quiet, then you immediately vote based off a single post that you don't “like,” absent any analysis? And on a wagon gaining momentum? Man, I'm not feeling the Prec vibe anymore.

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #1559
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by Precarious
                              I've been working on them for hours. They're all already written. I would have posted them in real time, but last time I did that in the anonymous Danganronpa game, I ended up posting about something that had already been proved impossible later in the thread. So I waited this time, resulting in this dumb backlog.

                              There are more coming, obviously.
                              I believe this but you're going to have to post in real-time


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #1560
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                the two wolf tells from your bullet-time game is that you were robotic and that your posts were disjoint from the rest of the action in the game and you didn't really engage with others that much

                                I have you as town atm bc you seem less roboto but as I said you're going to be held to a higher standard w/r/t interacting in real-time


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...