TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Celirra
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2015
    • 749

    #1321
    Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

    Hey star is it safe to assume you won't be around for eod because of time zone differences?

    I see where you're coming from but I think roundbox is a miss especially with light of recent developments

    I'm off work at 4 server so if you can hang in till like 5 or 6 server at least I'd appreciate it so I can sway you to olimar
    ,,
     ,_, -ー'"{
     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
    彡と} 猫.{つ

    Comment

    • star-crossed
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2017
      • 476

      #1322
      Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

      Originally posted by Celirra
      Hey star is it safe to assume you won't be around for eod because of time zone differences?

      I see where you're coming from but I think roundbox is a miss especially with light of recent developments

      I'm off work at 4 server so if you can hang in till like 5 or 6 server at least I'd appreciate it so I can sway you to olimar
      Yes, I should be here until around 6PM server time. Possibly longer but not necessarily
      twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

      Comment

      • Olimar12345
        FFR Player
        • May 2018
        • 0

        #1323
        Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

        Eh, fuck it. If we lose it’s not going to be because I was too stubborn.
        Originally posted by Celirra
        I would consider it a common target for a scum/3p/etc to stick to solely one person for the game, and also another one to be solely reactive and impartial to anything that occurs. I think olimar is doing all of those things; the inconsistency really is that he was on star briefly last day phase and now suddenly shifts to me when he realizes that ship sailed. If you notice most of what he has said has been about either 3p or me, and almost always not about the game as a whole.
        You’ll need to elaborate here if you want me to respond to this adequately. Who, pray tell, is this one person I’ve stuck with this game? Because, literally being the person you’re saying did this, I cannot recall this event. As for being “reactive” and “impartial,” I assume you’re referring to instances when I was just physically not here, because as of late that is not the case. However, having a list containing more than two items does allow you to use the phrase “all of these things,” which makes things sound super bad.

        As for the “inconsistency of star,” you have blown that completely out of proportion. The post in which you’re referring to was a tiny list of what I thought about three recent posts and was in no way a 3P-labeler. I also had no “shift” on you until this post, and you could have prevented it by clearing up the confusion about the post in question but instead used it as an opportunity to set up a target. I’m suspecting that I have been kept alive just for the purpose of this kill, thinking back to the day1 stuff.

        Comment

        • Olimar12345
          FFR Player
          • May 2018
          • 0

          #1324
          Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

          Originally posted by star-crossed
          So...Olimar was told before this that the SK wins when "everyone dies" meaning that there is only one other person left, but still seemed to be under the impression on D0 that they won when another team won, since he asked about this. (This idea sounds like the Survivor role in Town of Salem, which can have vests at least, so it is kind of understandable to me...but the Survivor does not get to kill anybody). Because no one on the page the quote is from actually answered this part of his question, I can actually buy that this did not get cleared up for him fully.

          I think that if he was the third party and really was that confused about it, he may have just admitted it to everybody, because in his mind the mafia should be focusing on the town, while the town should be focusing on the mafia. So it could help him make it to the end if he was honest about it, if he really was confused. I also still think it would really be weird for him to not ask blind how he is supposed to win if he is SK, since my understanding is that the SK had to choose between two powers before the game started. That is what I would do, at least, if I was confused.

          The problem is though, that he did not actually really do anything to try to hang mafia on Days 0 to 3, besides saying he agreed with my lean on rb as a mafia and wanted to vote him (on D1). Which basically fits with somebody who thinks they win regardless of whether mafia or town die. His other statements that were not in defense of himself or asking people to give him a summary, were related to saying everybody he knows best seemed like a town (on D0)...which could be how he really felt, but I think it would be beneficial to him especially as an sk to get on their good sides.
          Nowhere are the win conditions made clear by the host. Typically on NSM the host will put in the op “humans win when all wolves are dead. Wolves win... etc.” so I was left to assume that the game ends when the first victory is made. What’s different here (for me, at least) is that the human and wolf victory conditions include the death of the 3P.

          You’re absolutely right about the question posting. As a 3P it would be really dumb to not just ask the host while talking to them about the role setup. I asked publically because I thought that would be able to answer it like in one post for me. Now look where we are =__=

          Yeah, without going into too much irl details, it was hard to come home after long days and want to read 20 pages of a game. Trying not to play the excuse game but literally that’s all there is to it. I was just tired a lot :/ (school’s out for the summer though, so I am free now).

          Comment

          • Olimar12345
            FFR Player
            • May 2018
            • 0

            #1325
            Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

            Boy, am I really getting a taste of my own medicine here. Only difference here is that now is when it really matters since the game will end in 8-ish hours...

            Anyone here?

            Comment

            • Olimar12345
              FFR Player
              • May 2018
              • 0

              #1326
              Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

              Originally posted by roundbox
              I wish I had the energy to play this
              Really? It has to require much less effort to play now, since there are only four of us and the game ends soon... Can't push through?

              Comment

              • star-crossed
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2017
                • 476

                #1327
                Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                Originally posted by Olimar12345
                Boy, am I really getting a taste of my own medicine here. Only difference here is that now is when it really matters since the game will end in 8-ish hours...

                Anyone here?
                I mean...don't you have plenty to read back on, yourself?
                twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

                Comment

                • Celirra
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 749

                  #1328
                  Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                  holy fuck i deleted a huge post i made
                  ,,
                   ,_, -ー'"{
                   ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                   ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                  彡と} 猫.{つ

                  Comment

                  • Celirra
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 749

                    #1329
                    Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                    sec lemme rewrite it to the best of my ability pls stick around star
                    ,,
                     ,_, -ー'"{
                     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                    彡と} 猫.{つ

                    Comment

                    • Celirra
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 749

                      #1330
                      Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                      I've overthought this game about a few people, to the point of being wrong; I was convinced for a while Zoshi was wolf because he was too strong of a town to me, and I was convinced Curry was a town who simply made a few mistakes because I'm prone to misreading his type, and I was convinced Xel was a wolf because he's Xel. These are all bad arguments.

                      I think going off of a philosophy of who was saved/blocked/etc is also poor, because there's too many variables in play, and not all of them even lead anywhere conclusive. It's an easy way to convince yourself of a certain idea.

                      I'll entertain one theory, based on the three way kitb:

                      Originally posted by blindreper1179
                      Curry-->round
                      Round-->celery
                      InD-->curry
                      If the logic goes that Curry was adamant about killing Round because they popped his vest, then that would imply it to be solid logic for Round to insist on me because he popped my vest; obviously given what we have now it's impossible for Round to have popped my vest, so I think this theory goes out the window.
                      An alternative route down this: I didn't vote, when voting could've saved me. I missed EoD. I stopped caring about this game because it became not worth it for me for a long time, with the shitty start due to Manti once again. Every phase really had something come up that made the game unenjoyable, and it's unfortunate that now it's becoming Olimar doing that, although to his credit to a much lesser degree (more on him later). I probably would've cared more if I was a role that had a faction's victory contingent on me voting correctly more consistently, and would've been more invested due to there being more to it than merely trying to solve with a whole chunk missing which only leads to shitty circumstance, and I could see Roundbox being the same. I kinda know him as someone who actually tries hard in games typically, outside of TWG particularly to my knowledge, so for him to be... apathetic is pretty abnormal. I guess because of all these similarities, I see himself and myself to be the same role. I doubt SK roundbox would give up a chance to win and leave it to a kitb if his victory relied solely on the three way coinflip.

                      In a similar vein, here's a story of my first time wolfing.
                      I was unfamiliar with the role, and nightchat was off at the start, so I was on my own to think of a gameplan. I had the idea of choosing a target out of the gate (in this game it was FreezinIce), and went all-in with trying to get him lynched. I tunneled solely on him, built up a case against him and him alone. I pretty much ignored everyone else, even if directly contacted. I resorted to anger and vitriol when anyone challenged my logic, because it seemed the easiest way to seem genuine about something I knew to be false, and the best way to get people to believe me I thought.

                      I think this sounds similar to Olimar this game.
                      He's clearly unfamiliar with the role based on his questions, and he's been quiet unless he felt he absolutely had to reply to something. He's also lately started to resort to anger with me and only me, though admittedly I've been hard on him relative to others still in the game.

                      anecdotal too, but in the one game I was SK here, I was apologetic for being late/inactive/etc for whatever reasons I had, which was convenient till I got shot by vigi on n1

                      There's a bit more to it than just meta though; frankly, I don't think I buy the dumbtell, particularly because he's cited back to it this game as if it's a definitive reason he's not 3p. That doesn't feel very towny to me, and feels like it was planned to be used as a reason to not be 3p. I think it would be hard to look that far ahead usually, but when the sole goal of the 3p is to not look like the 3p, then the motivation becomes not looking like the 3p, so it's not too outlandish for it to be the purpose so early.

                      I might be biased in thinking it's Olimar here due to his inactivity making the game not as... nice as it could've been at this point, and now that I'm also getting called a bitch for calling him out on it too, but hey. I think I have legitimate reason to doubt Roundbox being SK; I think I have seen enough out of Star to doubt her as SK; I think I see enough credence for Olimar to be SK. The overthinker says he's the easy way out, but overthinking has also fucked me a lot this game. I think the simple way might be the way for me to go now.

                      I'm hoping to hear thoughts on this
                      ,,
                       ,_, -ー'"{
                       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                      彡と} 猫.{つ

                      Comment

                      • Celirra
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 749

                        #1331
                        Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                        I wrote that so much better the first time, ugh. And I think I forgot something this time but can't quite remember what it was; I think it had to do with star being towny
                        ,,
                         ,_, -ー'"{
                         ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                         ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                        彡と} 猫.{つ

                        Comment

                        • star-crossed
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2017
                          • 476

                          #1332
                          Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                          If someone hit Curry's vest while Curry did not hit theirs, then it could be beneficial for that sk to get a town hanged when there are only six left, because that puts them at an advantage in terms of being able to kill Curry at night instead if needed, or just get him hanged. That combined with the hypothetical about vests, Curry, and roundbox, is sus to me.

                          What does make sense of your message to me, with roundbox, is I am just now remembering someone in an ootc game mentioning that roundbox cares more early on when he has a power role. Which may explain my feelings about his early on play, more than an SK afraid to be making enemies.

                          It is kind of hard for me to figure out a motivation for olimar's anger toward you, because I cannot relate to it (I would not talk to anyone that way).

                          I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.

                          I still think the lack of 3 kills night 2 makes the least sense for Cel as an SK so I do not see myself voting for him.
                          twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

                          Comment

                          • Celirra
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 749

                            #1333
                            Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                            I think I mechanically cleared roundbox with the play of him not voting to save himself, afk for EoD or not; either that or he played really poorly and I'm gonna bully him at AN in a couple days

                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.
                            I didn't consider this honestly, but I also think it's a bit too...coincidental?... to have ground on it's own per se

                            you could argue that me and roundbox were kept up because we were up against each other for a bit at varying times, so neither are squeaky clean, and you could argue that Star had to stay up other than when she was first brought in due to the necessity of killing inD, or the town who was doing a lot of work (Zoshi), but there's also a chance that's me being too idealist to Star being left up
                            ,,
                             ,_, -ー'"{
                             ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                             ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                            彡と} 猫.{つ

                            Comment

                            • star-crossed
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2017
                              • 476

                              #1334
                              Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                              His vote for you was at the literal last minute, so it was a very intentional kitb.
                              twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

                              Comment

                              • Celirra
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 749

                                #1335
                                Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

                                am I misremembering a lot of stuff or something with respect to roundbox
                                ,,
                                 ,_, -ー'"{
                                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                                彡と} 猫.{つ

                                Comment

                                Working...