TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #451
    Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

    Originally posted by Charu
    ...Really James...

    Think about the claim for a minute.

    Do you honestly think a wolf would make a claim like that when they don't even know what roles there are?

    Answer yourself this please.
    Charu, I'm really trying to think that claim through but seriously, why the fuck would he just claim like that?
    bananas


    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #452
      Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

      Probably felt extremely pressured in the heat of the moment.

      He shouldn't of, but there's been no counter claim yet, so until that happens, no one should be lynching him at all.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • James May
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2012
        • 3817

        #453
        Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

        Originally posted by Charu
        Probably felt extremely pressured in the heat of the moment.

        He shouldn't of, but there's been no counter claim yet, so until that happens, no one should be lynching him at all.
        Alright. But I do say this because mafia has the option to have one of themselves be a Role Cop as said in the wiki:

        Mafia Role Cop
        Welcome, [Player Name]. You are now a Mafia Role Cop
        Additional Abilities
        Each night you may target a player. You will learn what, if any, role they may have.
        He just said cop so there's two distinction here: He could be a Mafia Role Cop or a Town Goon Cop.
        bananas


        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #454
          Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

          You're not understanding me.

          THEY DON'T KNOW THE ROLES... AT ALL... WHATSOEVER.

          Unless I missed the fine print where the wiki states that the game first starts off with a cop and whatnot.

          From my understanding, it does not. It's all randomly generated.

          Originally posted by Mafia Wiki
          For each modification that is selected by the mafia, town gains an additional role as well. The town has two roles to start, resulting in a maximum of five town roles randomly selected from the following:
          Goon Cop
          Roleblocker
          Tracker
          Bodyguard
          Vigilante
          Innocent Child (reveal at start of day one)


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • Vendetta21
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Aug 2006
            • 2745

            #455
            Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

            you cannot lynch him unless he survives through the night, even if there is a counterclaim

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #456
              Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

              Originally posted by Charu
              You're not understanding me.

              THEY DON'T KNOW THE ROLES... AT ALL... WHATSOEVER.

              Unless I missed the fine print where the wiki states that the game first starts off with a cop and whatnot.

              From my understanding, it does not. It's all randomly generated.
              *facepalms* Charu...I'm saying that before the generated stuff mafia can let one of themselves be the Role Cop. I am factoring in the randomly generated stuff. But let's assume that Mafia did not choose a role cop and dap indeed is the Town Goon Cop.

              unvote

              I am curious to see where this goes. And if dap is the Mafia Role Cop then don't come whining at me.
              bananas


              Comment

              • James May
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2012
                • 3817

                #457
                Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                Originally posted by James May
                *facepalms* Charu...I'm saying that before the generated stuff mafia can let one of themselves be the Role Cop. I am factoring in the randomly generated stuff. But let's assume that Mafia did not choose role cop and dap indeed is the Town Goon Cop.

                unvote

                I am curious to see where this goes. And if dap is the Mafia Role Cop then don't come whining at me.
                The "a" was a mistype >_>
                bananas


                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #458
                  Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                  Then I would say that's a really dumb play on there part.

                  wtf, why would they even do that?

                  And why would they even do that when one of them is being pressured?

                  I don't understand the logic of what you're bringing up. Doesn't sound like a particularly smart thing to do.


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #459
                    Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                    it does make sense for a well rounded wolf to claim cop when they are facing a death they cannot get out of any other way to buy themselves a day and possibly get a revealed cop out of the deal

                    so there are considerations
                    1. could DBP get out of being lynched? probably but he was losing his composure which indicates he didn't have anyone to back him up (unless, if and only if, viccica is also a wolf who failed to back him up and chose to vote for him indicating to him that he was boned, but it seems more possible in that scenario to accept the veteran players' call)
                    2. is dbp well-rounded enough as a wolf to know this was the optimal play if he geniunely felt he had utterly lost his day 1 chances? possibly but i would say this would happen less than 50 out of a hundred times if we ran this exact scenario repeatedly.

                    Comment

                    • YoshL
                      Celestial Harbor
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 6156

                      #460
                      Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                      #innacurate_vote_counts_incorporated
                      Last edited by YoshL; 09-2-2014, 09:07 AM.


                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                      Comment

                      • James May
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 3817

                        #461
                        Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        it does make sense for a well rounded wolf to claim cop when they are facing a death they cannot get out of any other way to buy themselves a day and possibly get a revealed cop out of the deal

                        so there are considerations
                        1. could DBP get out of being lynched? probably but he was losing his composure which indicates he didn't have anyone to back him up (unless, if and only if, viccica is also a wolf who failed to back him up and chose to vote for him indicating to him that he was boned, but it seems more possible in that scenario to accept the veteran players' call)
                        2. is dbp well-rounded enough as a wolf to know this was the optimal play if he geniunely felt he had utterly lost his day 1 chances? possibly but i would say this would happen less than 50 out of a hundred times if we ran this exact scenario repeatedly.
                        finally someone gets it >_>

                        Also, didn't know that greg can vote for 2 people...

                        Also, DBP my gut tells me the claim is extremely suspicious. I really can't put my finger on it but maybe on Day 2 (if I make it through this day) I'll be able to compile a post why I find it suspicious...
                        bananas


                        Comment

                        • Red Blaster
                          Bridge Burner
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 2040

                          #462
                          Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          (3) James May - j-rodd123, dabackpack, Viccica
                          (1) j-rodd123 - thesunfan
                          (2) dabackpack - Vendetta21, MrPopadopalis25
                          (1) MrPopadopalis25 - thesunfan
                          (2) psychoangel691 - Red Blaster, FictionJunction

                          (2) unvote - James May, psychoangel691
                          (1) no vote - Charu
                          Sunfan has two separate votes?
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                          Originally posted by choof
                          hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                          what's a milky christmas :O

                          Comment

                          • Red Blaster
                            Bridge Burner
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2040

                            #463
                            Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                            On the subject of DBP, I feel like it was a frustration play and nothing more.
                            He wanted the heat off of him...he got it momentarily.

                            I don't buy him being cop..at least not at a convincing enough percentage.
                            I'd personally give him a 15% chance of actually being the cop. Given that there's something like an 10 or 11 percent chance that any town could get cop, that isn't really much confidence in his claim.
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                            Originally posted by choof
                            hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                            what's a milky christmas :O

                            Comment

                            • Vendetta21
                              Sectional Moderator
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 2745

                              #464
                              Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                              Originally posted by James May
                              finally someone gets it >_>

                              Also, didn't know that greg can vote for 2 people...

                              Also, DBP my gut tells me the claim is extremely suspicious. I really can't put my finger on it but maybe on Day 2 (if I make it through this day) I'll be able to compile a post why I find it suspicious...
                              no, we're not killing him unless he survives. you missed the point of my post.

                              Comment

                              • YoshL
                                Celestial Harbor
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 6156

                                #465
                                Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                                (3) James May - j-rodd123, dabackpack, Viccica
                                (3) dabackpack - Vendetta21, MrPopadopalis25, James May
                                (1) MrPopadopalis25 - thesunfan
                                (2) psychoangel691 - Red Blaster, FictionJunction
                                (1) lumphoboextreme - DarkManticoreX2

                                (1) unvote - psychoangel691
                                (1) no vote - Charu

                                fixed
                                Last edited by YoshL; 09-2-2014, 09:06 AM.


                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                                Comment

                                Working...