jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viccica
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2009
    • 702

    #76
    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

    NetJet, your reasoning is flawed chronologically. You bandwagoned at a seemingly opportune moment after James and V both had votes on me. It seems as though you jumped on a vote that looked like it would gain a lot of support so you could sneak through a lynch on a human. Furthermore, V even said it was a pressure vote, not a legitimate vote so your weak accusation on him was also flawed. In all likelihood, V was just trying to weed out discussion and chose me as the proxy. You seem to be missing very obvious things. Very sloppy play.

    Still keeping an eye on sheepy little James, though.
    Dear sirs,
    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

    Sincerely,

    Your Client
    Eco Friendly
    ♥~Chu

    Comment

    • Viccica
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2009
      • 702

      #77
      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

      Originally posted by Netjet!
      i was planning on switching my vote before you even posted, but as it turns out i have the worst timing in the world .
      Also your vote on V was over half an hour after Fic placed his so not sure how you can justify this??
      Dear sirs,
      One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

      In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

      Sincerely,

      Your Client
      Eco Friendly
      ♥~Chu

      Comment

      • yo man im awesome
        soleil ardent
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2007
        • 6514

        #78
        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

        Alright, at this point I've made up my mind. I'm still wondering about James, but I don't think he's an immediate threat to the humans as much as netjet is.

        Netjet!.

        Originally posted by choof
        you double dad loving dipshit
        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
        Originally posted by smartdude1212
        I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

        Comment

        • James May
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2012
          • 3817

          #79
          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

          I'm on AIM now if anyone wants to pop on and talk to me about this~
          bananas


          Comment

          • Krauthammer
            FFR Player
            • May 2012
            • 362

            #80
            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

            I'm fed up.

            Here I am, trying to find out NetJet's possible TWG experience, but either I suck at searching in this forum, or it was on the FFya board (whatever it is, don't have the URL to check by myself).

            I think that he has played this before, mainly because in the sign-up topic he seemed to be rather willing to give his spot to somebody else. As I see it, a new player would try to get in the game, while a more experienced one would give a chance to somebody else to join, but I realize this logic has the potential to be completely wrong.


            The thing is that the most recent reasons and the non-removal of the vote reveals a hard-headed behavior. He has voted twice, always after somebody else has voted. NetJet' vote for Viccicca didn't turn on the alarms for me, as it seemed thought out and not a mere bandwagon.

            But now heseems to be trying to backpedal his votes. First he blames his vote on somebody else, then says 'bad timing sorry people' but doesn't do a thing to remove the vote.

            So yeah, NetJet

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #81
              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

              Originally posted by Viccica
              Still keeping an eye on sheepy little James, though.
              Oh you (angel). I suppose that I could state why I voted for you, but it would be the same response that I had said when I had voted for you after V did so (not out of bandwagon), it was just a mere hunch that I had that made me think that you were a wolf. I mean, even if the statement was true (and to the lack of my experience in this game), its not normal for someone to casually post that the kill was neutral (at least from how I'm seeing it). Now that might be little to no use for it to vote, but its the only thing that I have right now as solid evidence to vote against someone. as for NetJet, I'm wary of him but I just don't see anything that could warrant him being voted off (aside from a few mishaps that he had and blaming it all on "bad luck") but who knows, maybe there is something that would veer off my vote from you to him before Day 1 ends.
              Also, does anyone know what's going on with Little_Bear? it seemed like s/he has been completely inactive since Night one but I don't want to pull a wolf card on him/her yet :I. Still keeping my vote on Viccica, but keeping my eye on NetJet & Little_Bear.
              bananas


              Comment

              • Netjet!
                Sic itur ad astra
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2008
                • 4701

                #82
                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                I want to mention that I have played before but I'm not as experienced as most people in this thread. Plus, it's been a while since I've last played so I'm trying to get back into things (horribly but whatever).

                Originally posted by Viccica
                Also your vote on V was over half an hour after Fic placed his so not sure how you can justify this??
                I explained last night to others who questioned it that it legitimately left my mind that vote-switching was allowed (as you could see in the chat with emerald that was posted). I know it sounds phony, but I wouldn't lie about it at this point. It wasn't until emerald questioned me about not switching my vote that I realized it was allowed.

                Originally posted by Viccica
                NetJet, your reasoning is flawed chronologically. You bandwagoned at a seemingly opportune moment after James and V both had votes on me.
                My vote on you wasn't a bandwagon, because although there wasn't much evidence I did have a reason for voting for you (as James mentioned). It wasn't a completely random vote. I moved my vote after because, as I said earlier, you explained your reasoning afterwards which made the accusations pretty much wrong, from what I could tell.

                It seems as though you jumped on a vote that looked like it would gain a lot of support so you could sneak through a lynch on a human.
                Again, it looked like it was a legitimate call-out by V, which is why I looked into it a little more and placed my vote as well. I didn't vote to sneak through a lynch at all. I didn't realize until after that it was a pressure vote.

                Furthermore, V even said it was a pressure vote, not a legitimate vote so your weak accusation on him was also flawed. In all likelihood, V was just trying to weed out discussion and chose me as the proxy. You seem to be missing very obvious things. Very sloppy play.
                Clearly.




                Originally posted by Krauthammer
                I'm fed up.

                Here I am, trying to find out NetJet's possible TWG experience, but either I suck at searching in this forum, or it was on the FFya board (whatever it is, don't have the URL to check by myself).
                Never played on FFR or FFYa, played in other places which had similar gameplay mechanisms. And I've followed games in this subforum before so I'm not new to this part of the site.

                I think that he has played this before, mainly because in the sign-up topic he seemed to be rather willing to give his spot to somebody else. As I see it, a new player would try to get in the game, while a more experienced one would give a chance to somebody else to join, but I realize this logic has the potential to be completely wrong.
                Sort of, but also seeing as it was the first twg on the site in a long time, giving my spot to a more experienced person seemed like it would be a nice gesture


                The thing is that the most recent reasons and the non-removal of the vote reveals a hard-headed behavior. He has voted twice, always after somebody else has voted. NetJet' vote for Viccicca didn't turn on the alarms for me, as it seemed thought out and not a mere bandwagon.
                As I already explained before, it was a combination of bad timing and bad gameplay on my part.
                Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 01-15-2013, 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed a quote tag
                RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                Comment

                • Little Bear
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 79

                  #83
                  Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                  Oh Hi guys, sorry been so inactive, been hosting my own game elsewhere, I'll read up now then.

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #84
                    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                    Originally posted by Krauthammer
                    I'm fed up.

                    Here I am, trying to find out NetJet's possible TWG experience, but either I suck at searching in this forum, or it was on the FFya board (whatever it is, don't have the URL to check by myself).

                    I think that he has played this before, mainly because in the sign-up topic he seemed to be rather willing to give his spot to somebody else. As I see it, a new player would try to get in the game, while a more experienced one would give a chance to somebody else to join, but I realize this logic has the potential to be completely wrong.


                    The thing is that the most recent reasons and the non-removal of the vote reveals a hard-headed behavior. He has voted twice, always after somebody else has voted. NetJet' vote for Viccicca didn't turn on the alarms for me, as it seemed thought out and not a mere bandwagon.

                    But now heseems to be trying to backpedal his votes. First he blames his vote on somebody else, then says 'bad timing sorry people' but doesn't do a thing to remove the vote.

                    So yeah, NetJet
                    Netjet's mistake was probably that of a new player. His doggedness in his defense reads out like a human who actually fucked up. I get why the wagon came around on him but what I find myself thinking after this post of yours is:

                    1.) You are the fifth or sixth vote being dropped on this dude, why the need to give such a long defense of your vote? I mean we should always defend our votes but at this point in time the defense doesn't seem really like it flows with the mindset in the thread. Netjet is lynchable for pretty obvious reasons.

                    2.) "I'm fed up" reads pretty fake. Why were you searching through old records? I mean both things here seem like posturing. I can't wrap my mind around the mindset of "I'm going to go through year old games to discover something insightful about netjet and get emotionally invested in the search." Fiction already pointed out why that is useless.

                    Krauthammer

                    Comment

                    • FictionJunction
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3843

                      #85
                      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                      NetJet could certainly be a human who fucked up but his reasons and excuses don't exactly line up.

                      For instance, he once claimed that he didn't know he could switch votes and he did so when Emerald asked him why he hadn't switched to save himself. This was right about the time I voted for V.

                      NetJet had already once switched his vote before landing on V. He even called it a safety. So to claim that he wasn't aware of it to me sounds a little crazy.

                      This raised a number of questions, though. Did NetJet vote for V because he belives he's red? Or did he do it to save himself? If he did, then why even go out of the way to come up with an argument solidifying V as a wolf candidate instead of keeping it at a simple better-you-than-me vote?

                      Then his attitude comes to mind. He's been taking a beating from me and emerald over AIM and I have to wonder if this is legitimate human guilt? If it were me I'd probably get passive aggressive and make myself unavailable to people. He didn't sound angry - if anything he was disappointed - but what makes this whole thing interesting to me is that he brought it up. He told me himself that he was taking a beating, that he is spotlighted, uncomfortable, as if to suggest that why would he even put himself through this on purpose.

                      It's almost too much.
                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • Krauthammer
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2012
                        • 362

                        #86
                        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                        Originally posted by Vendetta21

                        1.) You are the fifth or sixth vote being dropped on this dude, why the need to give such a long defense of your vote? I mean we should always defend our votes but at this point in time the defense doesn't seem really like it flows with the mindset in the thread. Netjet is lynchable for pretty obvious reasons.
                        Okay, it is mostly for personal gameplay. When I vote I feel uncomfortable when I can't even come up with a reason for a vote. I don't believe on votes that go along with everybody just because it is the lynch. I believe in creating my own reasoning and using it to back up my votes.

                        I'll tell you something: would it have been any better to just leave the name in bold, or a post saying 'YEAH WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS'?

                        I leave my reasons, I calm myself and give to the thread an insight of my own thoughts. I'll have to admit that what I wrote isn't anything new, at least one player has said it before! But it is still my own train of thought.



                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        2.) "I'm fed up" reads pretty fake. Why were you searching through old records? I mean both things here seem like posturing. I can't wrap my mind around the mindset of "I'm going to go through year old games to discover something insightful about netjet and get emotionally invested in the search." Fiction already pointed out why that is useless.
                        Well, I had marked as my goal to find out NetJet's experience because I wanted to define if NetJet, as a player, would bandwagon a vote with reasoning such as the one he used when voting Viccicca. The palyer's experience with TWG would be a big part of it. A positive or negative result would have influenced my thoughts, and my vote.

                        I wasn't emotionally invested, but I still felt very frustrated when I couldn't find anything and the only players online were players that has been stated are new to the game, and only one veteran. And that veteran was away the whole morning, so he didn't answer the question I had left him, so you can't actually blame me for saying that 'I was fed up'.

                        But I'll confess I missed where Fiction pointed it is useless. Sorry about that.

                        Comment

                        • FictionJunction
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3843

                          #87
                          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                          what am i supposed to do with you netjet???
                          Originally posted by j-rodd123
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #88
                            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                            Originally posted by Krauthammer
                            I'll tell you something: would it have been any better to just leave the name in bold, or a post saying 'YEAH WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS'?
                            if it means anything to you, I voted for V and told him I wouldn't say why I voted for V because I'm cool
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • emerald000
                              the Mathemagician~
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 1320

                              #89
                              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              if it means anything to you, I voted for V and told him I wouldn't say why I voted for V because I'm cool
                              But that is because you are Fiction. You can get away with shit like that.

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #90
                                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                                Originally posted by emerald000
                                You're cool, Fiction
                                thanks
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...