jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarkManticoreX2
    TWG Overlord
    • Apr 2005
    • 7355

    #166
    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

    Due to various work-related Issues (being an accountant this time of year sucks). I won't be around at 5:00 PM as I had hoped.

    I'm extending the Day phase to 11:59 PM tonight.

    Day 2 will end Friday 1/18/13 at 11:59 pm EST

    That gives you guys about 10 hours.
    AAA's = 800

    Originally posted by V
    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

    Comment

    • Vendetta21
      Sectional Moderator
      Sectional Moderator
      • Aug 2006
      • 2745

      #167
      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

      Originally posted by lumphoboextreme
      also i talk to i'd say more than half the players, i just never feel the need to make lengthy multi paragraph posts explaining my reasoning. i'd rather just do it over an aim message.
      Some of us don't play on AIM as much as others. As a policy I only get on AIM when an alliance leader is asking me to. I have found AIM is often a way for wolves to keep a good information asymmetry going. You can manipulate people on a play-by-play basis and you can limit the amount of information available to all. Much harder for wolves to have a public presence. This is shit play to say the least.

      My big suspicion is yo_man, and you're voting along the same lines as him on someone who we have no solid evidence against, without providing the evidence you have. Shit play, step it up. At least post the meaningful logs that informed your decision. Unless this is your tactic in which case keep hiding and I'll lynch you with my shoelaces.

      Comment

      • Little Bear
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2013
        • 79

        #168
        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

        I'm in AIM, message me or add me or something so we can talk (I don't know how to work it)

        Comment

        • Krauthammer
          FFR Player
          • May 2012
          • 362

          #169
          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

          Okay.

          Lumphobo

          I think that at least half of the players know that, in some way or other, I have suspected you during the whole day.

          I have talked to you, gathered information about you, and inquired to other players about their perception of you. And I still consider you a wolf.

          The reasons are simple: I think that you're a wolf because you're overusing your supposed obliviousness and ignorance about the simple game matters. And because you're hiding your purposes to the rest of the players.

          Look, as I told you before. I have enough respect for you to think that you did read the rules before daring to play. You seem smart enough for that! I have heard that in your first game you...asked in the thread how to wolf. I don't know the circumstances, but...

          There has been so many chats, and everybody I have talked around has agreed that you are clueless and don't know anything. But in our conversation you made very clear you had a plan! And JRodd knows you have a plan, you shared it with him!

          But why the hell everybody else thinks that you are clueless. You said: "i talk to i'd say more than half the players"

          Then more people should know about your purposes. But no! And to complete this thing, you refuse to say a thing here in the thread about that.

          How are you expected to convince people you aren't human when you're not making an effort here in the thread? And one can't say you spend a lot of time on AIM either.

          As I see it, you're making JRodd do everything for you. You didn't even tell me your suspicions, despite the insinuations and the gentle requests of me wanting to know them. In fact, I had to go to JRodd to find about your own thoughts.

          You're making this look like you're using JRodd as a mouthpiece, but why would you do that? It isn't like you're a special human hidden. To me right now this looks like you're making an effort to lead votes and influence other players without giving yourself the spotlight. Why would a human be so secretive about that?

          And the worst thing is, that most people I have talked to believes you're human! And the most spread around reason is your ignorance about the rules and the fact that you seem so lost.

          Maybe I'm looking too deep. Maybe I'm so convinced that you're a wolf that I can't look at a single line you have said in our chat without believing that you're a wolf.

          But this is my opinion and you, and I expect you to reply to me, whether it is here or on AIM. You want to talk about this for a long while? Then please log on AIM and I'll be here, for most of the afternoon

          Comment

          • Little Bear
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2013
            • 79

            #170
            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

            Going back to J-Rodd

            Just realized this is James's first game.

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #171
              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

              Originally posted by Little Bear
              Going back to J-Rodd

              Just realized this is James's first game.
              'tis that's the truth.
              bananas


              Comment

              • lumphoboextreme
                FFR Veteran
                • Jan 2005
                • 8592

                #172
                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                Just because I know the rules doesn't mean I'm a seasoned player and know what to do. I just got on aim and will be on until 7pm if anyone wants to ask questions or has suspicions. I'm not posting my suspicions in the thread directly for everyone to see. I didn't know trying to swing votes to players you think are wolves quietly is the wrong way to play.

                I am not entirely clueless I just choose to share my suspicions with certain players who I am convinced are not wolves. If that makes me a wolf, so be it. You will be disappointed when/if I am voted to be killed.

                I don't want a giant spotlight to tell everyone in here that I may have it figured out. I'm very certain I have figured out at least 2/3 wolves and at least I have shared it with several other players I strongly believe are human.

                If you feel the need to kill me go for it, I'm just saying there are much better targets.

                Comment

                • Vendetta21
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 2745

                  #173
                  Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                  Originally posted by lumphoboextreme
                  I am not entirely clueless I just choose to share my suspicions with certain players who I am convinced are not wolves. If that makes me a wolf, so be it. You will be disappointed when/if I am voted to be killed.
                  This is exactly what hiding looks like.

                  If you feel the need to kill me go for it, I'm just saying there are much better targets.
                  You are 8 hours away from a deadline and you're aggregating a ton of suspicion. Now might be the time to point some out. Waiting until the last part of the day to secretly converge on vote strategy is what wolves do.

                  Comment

                  • Little Bear
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 79

                    #174
                    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                    Originally posted by lumphoboextreme
                    Just because I know the rules doesn't mean I'm a seasoned player and know what to do. I just got on aim and will be on until 7pm if anyone wants to ask questions or has suspicions. I'm not posting my suspicions in the thread directly for everyone to see. I didn't know trying to swing votes to players you think are wolves quietly is the wrong way to play.

                    I am not entirely clueless I just choose to share my suspicions with certain players who I am convinced are not wolves. If that makes me a wolf, so be it. You will be disappointed when/if I am voted to be killed.

                    I don't want a giant spotlight to tell everyone in here that I may have it figured out. I'm very certain I have figured out at least 2/3 wolves and at least I have shared it with several other players I strongly believe are human.

                    If you feel the need to kill me go for it, I'm just saying there are much better targets.
                    I see your point and I agree, what players do you strongly agree to be human?

                    Comment

                    • Viccica
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 702

                      #175
                      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                      Lumpho, typically as a human there's no reason to hide your suspicions. Particularly if it's night phase or you have votes putting you in a threatening place (you do). There's no reason not to disclose information if you're playing for the human team because you haven't anything to lose in doing so. And using J-rodd as your scapegoat as opposed to actually voicing your own opinion is nothing more than incriminating at best.

                      Furthermore, talking to people isn't inherently about discussing ideas with people you trust, it's about engaging the playerbase as a whole to seek out opinions and/or inconsistencies to hunt down wolves. It seems to me like you found a malleable human(or Jrodd is your wolf partner) and have decided to stick solely to that player as your voice in the thread.
                      Dear sirs,
                      One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                      In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                      Sincerely,

                      Your Client
                      Eco Friendly
                      ♥~Chu

                      Comment

                      • lumphoboextreme
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 8592

                        #176
                        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                        Originally posted by Little Bear
                        I see your point and I agree, what players do you strongly agree to be human?
                        jrodd, emerald, probably you also.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #177
                          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                          Half an hour left Gentlemen and lady

                          Just an FYI You're at a 3-way knife in the box right now.

                          James May (2/5): yoman, lumph
                          yoman (2/5): James May, V
                          lumph (2/5): Viccica, Kraut
                          Viccica (1/5): emerald
                          J-Rodd (1/5): LittleBear
                          V (1/5): JRodd
                          Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM.
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • yo man im awesome
                            soleil ardent
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2007
                            • 6514

                            #178
                            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                            So uh, currently the highest vote count on somebody is 2, and that includes me and lump... And I really don't want to die in my first game of TWG for no reason. Sorry Lump, but better you than me.

                            Changing my vote to Lumphoboextreme.

                            Originally posted by choof
                            you double dad loving dipshit
                            Originally posted by t-rogdor
                            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                            Originally posted by smartdude1212
                            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                            Comment

                            • yo man im awesome
                              soleil ardent
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2007
                              • 6514

                              #179
                              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                              oh, James still had two. Hmph. Hopefully you can be dealt with tomorrow. There's still no doubt in my mind, but I don't want to deal with a knife-in-the-box situation.

                              Originally posted by choof
                              you double dad loving dipshit
                              Originally posted by t-rogdor
                              dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                              Originally posted by smartdude1212
                              I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #180
                                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                                what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip what's the flip
                                ???
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...