FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dragonmegaXX
    ITG playing fur
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2008
    • 3661

    #46
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
    Destination of the Heart - anndddddddd...........more Renard as always. Chart was enjoyable though. lol
    It's the only thing I know

    Comment

    • One Winged Angel
      Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2007
      • 10837

      #47
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      UC had a lot of work done to it since the last time I'd seen it (ending used to be a ****ton harder than what you see now). 89 tops imo.

      Jamais Vu should be 92.


      Originally posted by ilikexd
      i want to be cucked by cirno

      Comment

      • Stage:
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2008
        • 282

        #48
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        I think Undiscovered Colors is a TERRIBLE tournament file, but as a simfile it's ... okay, it's not offsync or anti-PR it's just good so I don't know why everyone is trippin about it. And the 2 4 polyrythms part isn't awkward at all it's easy as **** compared to the rest and that's how it should've been stepped, there are no other ways it could've been stepped (for FFR at least). I don't play simfiles because I want every pattern to be easy, I play them cause I want a good representation of the song.

        As for Jamais Vu, it's cool.
        i love gabba

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #49
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          D5 is fun, I'm just too slow to appreciate the file.

          The 2-4 patterns are [4] [2]-[4] [2]-[4] [24] with some variations, but it's usually a 5 note pattern with a jump.

          Comment

          • Nullifidian
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2007
            • 1837

            #50
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Sorry Jae, I still stand by my statement that undiscovered colours' first half is fun as ****, but second half makes little sense when playing the file. I know the notes are pretty accurately synced but the song doesn't call for such intensity imo.

            Comment

            • bballa48
              FFR Veteran
              • Jan 2007
              • 1496

              #51
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

              Originally posted by One Winged Angel
              UC had a lot of work done to it since the last time I'd seen it (ending used to be a ****ton harder than what you see now). 89 tops imo.

              Jamais Vu should be 92.
              I know we aren't supposed to base difficulty on our own stats... BUT.

              There are exactly 2 (real) songs in FFR history I have gotten over 100 goods on a legitimate playthrough. RATO and Death Piano. I got 170 with about 60 misses on my first serious run.

              Sorry, that is at LEAST a 93, I think more like a 94.
              "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
              Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

              Comment

              • DossarLX ODI
                Batch Manager
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2008
                • 15013

                #52
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
                Undiscovered Colors - Please tell me this is getting removed after the tourn because this chart is just shit and makes me feel like its only going to stay in game just because you are staff and can throw in your charts whenever you want just like two other charts you have in game. This chart was a fuccen mess, boring ass beginning, bursts were ugly, that part with the 4th down arrow and random color right arrow was annoying beyond belief, overall just made me wish I had a third hand so I could literally facepalm the whole time while playing it.
                Yup, I'm not even going to play it now because "it's that memorable"!

                I asked Jae several rounds before this round started about which other files were available other than UC, and he didn't respond. I knew Breakbeat Acid was there and that's probably an 88. Instead of a solid tournament file that had all types of patterns and speed tested, there's this awkward frame shitluck file with tons of weird bursts to a song that's chill and is nowhere near representative of the song.

                If a player is winning because of being able to beast luck jumptrilling on awkward bursts and only messing up on a few anchors, congratulations, you just determined a winner with a shit file. I even told Jae to cut the first 100 seconds out, or do a 20 second fade in, he said it would be a quick 2min fix, but still never did it. This round feels incredibly cheated for D5 and I am sympathetic to all other players that have to play through this because it's also public.
                Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #53
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                  Originally posted by bballa48
                  I know we aren't supposed to base difficulty on our own stats... BUT.

                  There are exactly 2 (real) songs in FFR history I have gotten over 100 goods on a legitimate playthrough. RATO and Death Piano. I got 170 with about 60 misses on my first serious run.
                  [...]

                  Originally posted by bballa48
                  Sorry, that is at LEAST a 93, I think more like a 94.
                  There's a lot of bias in your thoughts though, bballa. Coming from someone who has relatively indifferent views on regular and split-heavy patterns, I definitely can see this file being in the Brutal area of the new scale. However, 93 is over-compensating a little bit. The file only feels like it's... give or take a few BPM, roughly 220 BPM. The jumpstream is dense, but it's also decently fluent. There are some really difficult exit points out of some of the jump-sandwiches, but nothing is unbearable. Just looking at the file through a song preview, it doesn't look much higher than a 92. As a whole, the file does flow considerably better than any other files in this "93" area, which says something right off the bat: players that can read the file will be able to combo things relatively easy (as opposed to something that's rigid and having to mash because muscle memory refuses to cooperate, like Revolutionary Etude, also a 93).

                  I second Rob's move to 92, it seems correct in my opinion. Dossar also mentioned how he thought that the final would be a 92/93 as well, so there's obviously room for changing it around a bit.

                  EDIT: and yeah, it is a little ridiculous to see someone say that it's an "easy fix" but not commit to that fix. I completely understand wanting to have a hard file, and I understand wanting to have a tournament final, but extreme difficulty out of a file is absolutely insane if it's not merited. Undiscovered Colors is unbearable to play. Waiting for HALF of the song to see less than 10% of the notes is definitely indicative of an issue.

                  I wouldn't doubt that it is technically accurate, but it's just not suitable on a scoring level for the game.
                  Last edited by TC_Halogen; 08-26-2012, 12:50 PM.

                  Comment

                  • hi19hi19
                    lol happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 12194

                    #54
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                    Tenimuhou lmfao FFR all-stars. Good file though. Definitely will be playing again, cool music. Feels like Blue Rose but less gay (except troll ending lol) and a little shorter <3
                    p.s. what the **** is this doing in Classical genre. Put it in funk if anything lmao

                    Jamais Vu wasn't bad at all. Quite stamina-draining. A few weird split patterns but it honestly flows quite well and the difficulty curve feels well-paced throughout. Solid D6 file, well made Doss.

                    D5- Jae kill yourself
                    plz remove this file after tournament is done
                    Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-26-2012, 12:53 PM.


                    Comment

                    • dore
                      caveman pornstar
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 6317

                      #55
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                      Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                      no longer will people compare shitty files to the likes of dore
                      aw man I'm gonna have to try harder
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                      Comment

                      • hi19hi19
                        lol happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 12194

                        #56
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                        Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                        Don't want to sound like a dink here, but Undiscovered Colors was really really bad. The slow parts were missing notes or had the wrong PR when other parts didn't (at least from what I could tell), and the fast parts had really terrible patterns and were definitely not warranted based on the song. If this file really did skip the judgement process then IMO it should be taken out after the tournament, not turned into a token or anything either, so that it can go through the judgement process like normal.
                        This, PLEASE. And do the same for The Wises Were Wrong too, that file is also supremely gay.



                        I know this is kind of hypocritical considering my file for Rudi the Techno Pioneer also skipped judging and got a chilly reception (though not this bad lol) but I'd encourage people to play the file after Dossar's frame fixes go in. If people still want it removed I'd be okay with that honestly. If that's the price I have to personally pay to get trash like Undiscovered Colors removed, so be it lol


                        Comment

                        • kommisar
                          Dark Chancellor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 7328

                          #57
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                          this can only end well



                          so I played undiscovered colors. it's exactly like every other color burst file I don't get why people are getting in a big tizzy over this.

                          Aside from a bunch of awkward patterns and [121] 64th bursts at times it wasn't that bad.


                          I would've given it 5/10 had it gone through legitimate judgment (which it should've honestly but whatev), but with a heavy amount of focus on cutting the song, removing awkward patterns and fixing a few sections.


                          Now just get off Jae's nuts for a sec.
                          Last edited by kommisar; 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM.

                          Comment

                          • hi19hi19
                            lol happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 12194

                            #58
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                            After the round ends give me the file for Undiscovered Colors and I can change it from 5/10 to 8/10+ just with a handful of changes and a cut. Hell I'll even keep the notecount the same so that scores don't have to be wiped (but it will ofc be easier due to less gay patterns so people will beat their old scores quickly anyway)

                            If not me, give it to someone else, one of the people in the ~secret judge forum~ or something idc
                            (bet Doss or wc would enjoy fixing it up heh)


                            Comment

                            • kommisar
                              Dark Chancellor
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 7328

                              #59
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                              i wasnt even asked to be a part of it
                              lets make dark chancellor all stars next time

                              Comment

                              • bballa48
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 1496

                                #60
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                                @Halogen

                                Dude, I said at the start of my post I was being biased. I get it is important to be objective but you can't just completely ignore individual cases. The one I reported is pretty dang extreme.
                                "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                                Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                                Comment

                                Working...