FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #76
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    After the round ends give me the file for Undiscovered Colors and I can change it from 5/10 to 8/10+ just with a handful of changes and a cut. Hell I'll even keep the notecount the same so that scores don't have to be wiped (but it will ofc be easier due to less gay patterns so people will beat their old scores quickly anyway)

    If not me, give it to someone else, one of the people in the ~secret judge forum~ or something idc
    (bet Doss or wc would enjoy fixing it up heh)
    I am in complete support of this. hi19hi19 makes doable but challenging patterns, and right now UC is just retarded and screaming for a cut.

    Also if this file would get "5/10" in a batch submission, my Metro file getting a 1 is total bullshit.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • Choofers
      FFR Player
      FFR Music Producer
      • Dec 2008
      • 6205

      #77
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      Originally posted by kommisar
      this can only end well



      so I played undiscovered colors. it's exactly like every other color burst file I don't get why people are getting in a big tizzy over this.

      Aside from a bunch of awkward patterns and [121] 64th bursts at times it wasn't that bad.


      I would've given it 5/10 had it gone through legitimate judgment (which it should've honestly but whatev), but with a heavy amount of focus on cutting the song, removing awkward patterns and fixing a few sections.


      Now just get off Jae's nuts for a sec.
      It's not solely the chart, it's the file as a whole. If it was a different song, then it would have had less attention. Undiscovered Colors, as a song, is brilliant and I think people were expecting the chart to reflect that. Instead, we have a gimmicky, colorful dump with patterns that don't really make sense.

      I understand that "hurr colors let's make the song colorful durr," but, tbh, all of these color note files are really starting to piss me off.

      Comment

      • ~Zeta~
        Flag Master
        • Oct 2010
        • 2156

        #78
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        don't think any legit file should score lower than Undiscovered Colors. guess they're just passing any shit now.

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #79
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          Originally posted by kommisar
          I would've given it 5/10 had it gone through legitimate judgment (which it should've honestly but whatev), but with a heavy amount of focus on cutting the song, removing awkward patterns and fixing a few sections.


          Now just get off Jae's nuts for a sec.
          Considering 5/10 is "not accepted without changes" that's hardly a reason to get off his nuts. Basically you're agreeing it has no business being put in the game as it is now, yet it was.


          Comment

          • Xx{Midnight}xX
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2007
            • 8548

            #80
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Freak is a lot funner than it looked.

            Comment

            • SKG_Scintill
              Spun a twirly fruitcake,
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2009
              • 3877

              #81
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              Freak is a lot funner than it looked.
              Forgive my bias, but **** you





              Originally posted by bluguerilla
              So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
              ___
              . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
              . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
              .

              Comment

              • TC_Halogen
                Rhythm game specialist.
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2008
                • 19376

                #82
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                Considering 5/10 is "not accepted without changes" that's hardly a reason to get off his nuts. Basically you're agreeing it has no business being put in the game as it is now, yet it was.

                Comment

                • 00Razor00
                  FFR Player
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3530

                  #83
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                  undiscovered AIDS


                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                  Comment

                  • Dynam0
                    The Dominator
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 8987

                    #84
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                    Originally posted by Pseudo Enigma
                    Tenimuhou is like if xi tried to be OSTER PROJECT, and it works.
                    Spot on. Felt like Xi took Piano Forte and Blue Rose and made a baby.


                    D1 song - Fun file for sure, gj

                    D2 song - Some weaker choices of patterns in the bigger stream near the 2nd half of the file, other than that it was also well done.

                    D3 song - Not a fan of easy AAA files with a long 32nd roll to determine how good your score will turn out but it was stepped well.

                    D4 song - I disagree with Halogen's opinion on this one, I thought the patterns had excellent flow, the 'rigid' feeling patterns near the end could simply come from nerves since the file is fairly long and that troll end is looming...that being said I hate roll walls but oh well, AAAing this will feel like an accomplishment now xD

                    I also think the difficulty is a little high, maybe only an 80 or at most an 81.

                    D5 song - Everyone has already pointed out the obvious. Cut the beginning, keep the down-right section (it's not THAT unbearable really), and get someone who knows how to arrange complex patterns correctly to redo the atrocious ending and wala you can have it in the game. Otherwise, no this is awful. Metro at least contains feasible working patterns, just at a speed most people can't keep up with. This is as Dossar put it, a luck-fest on any level.

                    Difficulty as it stands is too high for sure but if you compare it to other 92s for difficulty in AAAing then yes I suppose it could be a 92.

                    D6 song - Very testing file for stamina and perhaps only that (aside from trill control). The difficulty seems much higher for someone who tires out easily but for top tier players it is much more manageable than the other low-to-mid 90s. As speed plateaus and stamina becomes more important you will see how files like do i smile? and revo remain more difficult than this.

                    Perhaps this is an example of something that doesn't test ALL skills in a player and why some consider it the 93 that it is and others would call it a 90/91.

                    Comment

                    • ~Zeta~
                      Flag Master
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 2156

                      #85
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                      k, tenimuhou's ending wall - absolutely absurd lmfao. rest is pretty good but damn those patterns are rough. cool, though.

                      Comment

                      • Findarian
                        Offical Best Poster 2012
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 918

                        #86
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                        Least favorite tenimuhou

                        It's a piano song that really is consistently hard until the ending wall.. A bitch to AAA, or score well on really because of it's length. Really boring for D4's final song, and nothing absurdly challenging unlike last year's D4 final.

                        Most favorite Undiscovered colors


                        I love the chart to death, it has the pandora-like buildup making it super instense. (do i smile also has a similar buildup to the 300bpm section) I love that feeling, add more files like it please! Also the difficulty is set perfectly. I don't know why anyone is disputing. Number of notes vs PA I get on it is similar to 88-93 files.

                        Also jamis vu is like freedom dive, so I didn't really care for it too much, especially since I don't have the reading ability/speed yet. I'm sure I'll appreciate it more once I can sub 100 RATO and DP though.
                        Last edited by Findarian; 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM.


                        PARTY TIME IN TGB

                        Comment

                        • hi19hi19
                          lol happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 12194

                          #87
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                          What I'm getting from files like System Doctor and now Undiscovered Colors:
                          There's a small subset of people on this site who enjoy climax theory above everything else, even rational pattern choice or the arrows having anything to do with the song.


                          Good to know. I've got a file made just for you guys in this batch <3


                          Comment

                          • Arbliterator
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 780

                            #88
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                            D1: Awesome song and awesome chart, great for a D1 final.

                            D2/D3: Have yet to play.

                            D4: I'd have to say, like many others, this is my favorite chart of this round because it's just epic and I really have no other words to describe it's awesomeness, only thing I dislike about this is the troll wall.

                            D5: So uh I never really hate on any files and I'm not very picky, but this file is just terrible. Boring beginning which just makes me want to quit out and stop right there, then comes notes that just don't seem to make any sense to me whatsoever almost as if little effort was put into making this chart. I really REALLY do hope this gets taken out of game and someone fixes this up. (ps. I do really like Pandora and that climax theory but UC is just too poorly stepped.)

                            D6: Not a huge fan of this file but stepped well and no complaints from me.

                            Comment

                            • Reincarnate
                              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 6332

                              #89
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                              Decided to look at a replay of UC to see what all the fuss was about.

                              -First half(WTF?!?!?!) of the song = time-wasting PA fodder. It's like Revolutionary Etude, but more blatant.
                              -Weird gallop-trill thing between sections seems like what would happen if you went to the guys who stepped Sweet World from ITG and went, "Hey, we really like this, but can you somehow compress things into two arrows instead of four?"
                              -Last bursty section is lmfawkward
                              -This file needs to be restepped or removed


                              Why do I feel like every single "hard" FFR file I've looked at since retiring is the same? Is the only way to add difficulty anymore is to add lots of awkward bursty shit? Add one teaspoon CCCP, a quart of Grind2, bake on a layer of Rage Template, and then see WTF comes out of it?

                              Comment

                              • Plan_Bsk81127
                                snooches
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 6420

                                #90
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                                Originally posted by Reincarnate

                                Why do I feel like every single "hard" FFR file I've looked at since retiring is the same? Is the only way to add difficulty anymore is to add lots of awkward bursty shit? Add one teaspoon CCCP, a quart of Grind2, bake on a layer of Rage Template, and then see WTF comes out of it?
                                Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.

                                Comment

                                Working...