FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kommisar
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jun 2005
    • 7328

    #91
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    Originally posted by Reincarnate


    Why do I feel like every single "hard" FFR file I've looked at since retiring is the same? Is the only way to add difficulty anymore is to add lots of awkward bursty shit? Add one teaspoon CCCP, a quart of Grind2, bake on a layer of Rage Template, and then see WTF comes out of it?

    THIS SO MUCH HOLY SHIT


    I have been making arrangements to submit hard material which involves faster speeds instead of bullshitting bursts

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #92
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      This is why, even to this day, I still maintain that the most fun files tend to be FMO level. They strike a nice balance -- fun, intelligent stepping that requires a bit of effort to AAA. The music tends to be better too since you aren't relying so much on DUBSTEPGLITCHCORE OMFGBRRRRTBRRRTBRRRRTTTBRRRR-R-R-R-RT all the time.

      High FGO files have this tendency to wander off into the realm of Bullshit Asshatery and Totally Fscking Obnoxious Gimmicks (dubbed henceforth as BATFOG).

      If your file is full of batfog, restep your shit.

      Comment

      • 00Razor00
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 3530

        #93
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
        assorted fart noises
        LMFAO


        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

        Comment

        • TheSaxRunner05
          The Doctor
          • Apr 2006
          • 6144

          #94
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          Lmao at these last few posts, so true


          Comment

          • DossarLX ODI
            Batch Manager
            Game Manager
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2008
            • 15013

            #95
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
            Probably because people seem to think the only songs that make hard files are the one that have static, beeps, buzzes, and other assorted fart noises in which they cant really be wrong when stepping them.
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #96
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

              wow I just saw Undiscovered Colors and was curious enough to check autoplay cuz it's one of my all time favorites...

              and I was like ):<

              (I already vaguely expected something horrible when I saw the song difficulty)

              I thought you step good Jae..


              Originally posted by Choofers
              Jae, please.

              Never step Flashbulb again.
              This i guess


              EDIT: looked through the entire thread and looks like a lot of people agree with me.. I'm not the only one hating
              Last edited by leonid; 08-27-2012, 10:13 AM.



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #97
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                we ain't playin

                Comment

                • prefx
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 805

                  #98
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                  BATFOG
                  Someone make me a cool siggy?

                  Originally posted by MrRubix
                  Like, grind2 feels like what would happen if Dead and Direct had sex with Frictional Nevada and had a sick, warped lovechild on crack, and then that child took an epic dump on your lawn. That dump = grind2
                  Second Place in D4 of Popsicle_3000's Christmas Spectacular GG Megamon

                  Comment

                  • kommisar
                    Dark Chancellor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 7328

                    #99
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                    it's ok I submitted a song with 300 bpm runs and 1 polyrhythm in the whole file bye

                    Comment

                    • Findarian
                      Offical Best Poster 2012
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 918

                      #100
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                      Originally posted by Reincarnate
                      Why do I feel like every single "hard" FFR file I've looked at since retiring is the same?
                      Because FFR doesn't allow dumps. This makes the song choice -terminal 11isk, or terrible songs that no one would ever listen to again.

                      +1 to add dumps on FFR

                      (**** you haters who won't allow them and then say there aren't enough hard files on FFR)


                      PARTY TIME IN TGB

                      Comment

                      • Wayward Vagabond
                        Confirmed Heartbreaker
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 5866

                        #101
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                        No dumps on ffr

                        Comment

                        • leonid
                          I am leonid
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 8080

                          #102
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                          No dumps on ffr



                          Proud member of Team No

                          Comment

                          • Arbliterator
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 780

                            #103
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                            Originally posted by Findarian
                            +1 to add dumps on FFR
                            Yessssssssssssssssssssss dumps are amzin. <3

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #104
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                              If I see "dumps" on this fair place. I'm not gonna like it.

                              Mostly because they'll only be more songs I won't possibly be able to FC, dohohoho.

                              Also... poop joke.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • TheSaxRunner05
                                The Doctor
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 6144

                                #105
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                                Someone step some fartcore for a D6 tiebreaker


                                Comment

                                Working...