FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrpreggers
    D7 Elite Keymasher
    • Feb 2011
    • 3395

    #106
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    Guess I'm the only one who doesn't find dumps fun AT ALL.

    Comment

    • Poison-
      Nope
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2010
      • 3772

      #107
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      Dumps can be fun sometimes but they definitely don't belong in the official FFR engine...

      Comment

      • leonid
        I am leonid
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Oct 2008
        • 8080

        #108
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        If you want to get your "dump simfiles" checked please send to me cuz, having played tons of bs simfiles, I know whether a dump is going to be fun to its audience or not



        Proud member of Team No

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #109
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          HEY GUYS IT'S OKAY I STEPPED FREEDOM DIVE, A HARD SONG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME AND ISN'T FART NOISES


          let's make it a token nobody will ever get and add more breakcore public files, yeah!


          Comment

          • foxfire667
            The FFRchiver
            FFR Music Producer
            • Jun 2009
            • 2170

            #110
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Originally posted by Findarian
            Because FFR doesn't allow dumps. This makes the song choice -terminal 11isk, or terrible songs that no one would ever listen to again.

            +1 to add dumps on FFR)
            It doesn't need to be a dump to be hard really. Although chances are that most songs that would be in the 90+ range stuck with speedcore / x-core choices. Although I suppose it might be possible to find something outside of this norm in the artist blanket permissions somewhere.

            No dumps, or at least no public song dumps anyway. Dumps sort of defeat the purpose of having a judge system to release fairly decent files to the game. If I really want to play dumps on FFR, I'll just play them on FFR custom / offline engines, where it really doesn't matter if it's a synced or a dump file.
            SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #111
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

              I tried to submit an FGO that's not breakcore or speedcore but judges didn't like it RIP (Earth Tower Devotion)



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • The_Toymaker
                FFR Veteran
                • Oct 2011
                • 820

                #112
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                does the berzerker count as fart noises

                Comment

                • ninjaKIWI
                  plain old ugly ass dumbas
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3307

                  #113
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                  I think the biggest problem with Undiscovered Colours is that it was put in game without going through the batch. That shit's just ridiculous.

                  Originally posted by leonid
                  I tried to submit an FGO that's not breakcore or speedcore but judges didn't like it RIP (Earth Tower Devotion)
                  I ****ing love this file and I play it every time I open Stepmania. LUV U LEONID
                  Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                  "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                  "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                  "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                  "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                  "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                  "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                  Comment

                  • hi19hi19
                    lol happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 12194

                    #114
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                    If FFR is going to add files that don't go through the batch they better at least be GOOD files


                    Comment

                    • iironiic
                      D6 FFR Legacy Player
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 4342

                      #115
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                      Did Undiscovered Colors get accepted through the judging process?

                      Also -1 for dumps on FFR. You all need to consider the entire community. If we keep sending in FMO+ files, the value of the game for the average person diminishes a lot. A lot of my irl good friends quit because of how hard the game is.

                      I FC'd Undiscovered Colors finally with a meh PA, but I'd be happy if it would be removed in the game at the end of this tournament, even though I worked hard for it. No offense Jae.

                      Also, I never understood why there can't be specialized files for the tournament.

                      EDIT: Seems like it didn't even go through the batch... That's not fair at all. I know my "Where are you Christmas" file didn't even go through the batch too, but at least I had a judge review it before having it uploaded...
                      Last edited by iironiic; 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #116
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                        Dumps in ffr is a no. We're about "quality" as far as I know. But most fgos feel and play like dumps to the average user I suspect, so in a way they're already in game.

                        The thing is fgos are diverse enough in what you're approaching despite the minimal number of them. So I can't imagine a time where charts are too static at this level to warrant the need for a dump chart to ever be needed.

                        Comment

                        • SKG_Scintill
                          Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3877

                          #117
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                          You're not entitled to give your opinion about dumps middie, gtfo





                          Originally posted by bluguerilla
                          So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                          ___
                          . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                          . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                          .

                          Comment

                          • Wayward Vagabond
                            Confirmed Heartbreaker
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 5866

                            #118
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            HEY GUYS IT'S OKAY I STEPPED FREEDOM DIVE, A HARD SONG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME AND ISN'T FART NOISES


                            let's make it a token nobody will ever get and add more breakcore public files, yeah!
                            Freedom dive has been handed out like candy what are you talking about

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #119
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                              Originally posted by SKG_Scintill
                              You're not entitled to give your opinion about dumps middie, gtfo
                              Yes Papa Scin, I should be seen and not heard.

                              Comment

                              • hi19hi19
                                lol happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 12194

                                #120
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                                Freedom dive has been handed out like candy what are you talking about
                                Only 95 people (0.005% of the site) have played it.


                                Comment

                                Working...