FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kommisar
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jun 2005
    • 7328

    #121
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    HEY GUYS IT'S OKAY I STEPPED FREEDOM DIVE, A HARD SONG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME AND ISN'T FART NOISES


    let's make it a token nobody will ever get and add more breakcore public files, yeah!
    well actually files like freedom dive (although on the repetitive side) is what a difficult file should be. fast. not whoever can mash the bursts fastest.

    I think of most difficult files on stepmania (back in ye olde days), they're mostly faster 260+ bpm songs.

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #122
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      Originally posted by Reincarnate
      I still maintain that the most fun files tend to be FMO level. They strike a nice balance -- fun, intelligent stepping that requires a bit of effort to AAA. The music tends to be better too since you aren't relying so much on DUBSTEPGLITCHCORE OMFGBRRRRTBRRRTBRRRRTTTBRRRR-R-R-R-RT all the time.
      Yup. My favorite files on FFR to play lie in the low VC to low FGO area. Some of the low FGOs are just entirely reliant on technical ability without having to have a ton of stupid difficulty spikes and bursty garbage (Across Rooftops and Reality come to mind). There's also La Campanella, which is charted pretty close to how it sounds.

      EDIT: also, Freedom Dive is an excellent example of a brutally hard file that requires a high amount of consistency and a low amount of luck simply because the basis of the difficulty is entirely within fast jumpstream.

      Comment

      • Wayward Vagabond
        Confirmed Heartbreaker
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2012
        • 5866

        #123
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Only 95 people (0.005% of the site) have played it.
        Like candy

        Comment

        • Pseudo Enigma
          ごめんなさい (/ω\)
          • Aug 2012
          • 2290

          #124
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          HEY GUYS IT'S OKAY I STEPPED FREEDOM DIVE, A HARD SONG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME AND ISN'T FART NOISES


          let's make it a token nobody will ever get and add more breakcore public files, yeah!
          and then hand it out the next day to make 10 people who wasted their Wednesday last January feel like they just ate a dick sandwich.

          Still a fun file that I have been using to gauge my streaming speed. If only I didn't have such hard feelings about what happened last tourney, I'd say everyone should have a chance to play it.

          edit: I guess I am the only one who semi enjoyed Nois' file. That trill/jack/galop though.. *shudders*
          Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM.

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #125
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Originally posted by TC_Halogen
            Yup. My favorite files on FFR to play lie in the low VC to low FGO area. Some of the low FGOs are just entirely reliant on technical ability without having to have a ton of stupid difficulty spikes and bursty garbage (Across Rooftops and Reality come to mind). There's also La Campanella, which is charted pretty close to how it sounds.
            Agreed. I also agree with your examples (Across Rooftops and La Campanella) -- they are both stepped well and challenging at the same time without relying on retarded gimmicks.

            Comment

            Working...