FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • samurai7694
    바보
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2008
    • 4640

    #31
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

    difficulty spike in Undiscovered Colors is lolsy as well as the polyrhythm down + right arrow part, but it's notorious in a way that sort of makes me enjoy it. the bursts are so dense but not extremely difficult. I like the song. The chart's pretty cool, memorable for sure.

    Jamais Vu is not bad. pseudo rolls (or rolls with jumps) have me jumptrill them as 24th jumps, which reminds me a lot of what I do with Rave7 and the second one in the second half of the file pisses me off because it ends with a 124 pattern.
    though what pissed me off more was the one hand trills/patterns present (especially 12121212, but that's just me). still pretty fun to play, and the trills were a nice finishing touch after the feeling of battling through the jumpstream and rolls (sort of like the very end of grind2).

    I'll try out the other files later.
    Last edited by samurai7694; 08-26-2012, 03:12 AM.

    Comment

    • foxfire667
      The FFRchiver
      FFR Music Producer
      • Jun 2009
      • 2170

      #32
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

      Freak: I always enjoy nice metal solo tracks, and the chart was no exception. I found it to be pretty nice, and overall I think has a decent replay value.

      Undiscovered Colors: I don't normally say negative things about charts (mainly because I'm not really picky) but the intro of this file is SO slow. What's even worse is that it is a tourney file, so whenever people screw up their run, they will have to play the first 1:40 essentially doing nothing before they can get back into action again. It's going to be brutal to try and get good runs on for sure. I honestly would have expected a cut up until around that point, but everything else is solid I suppose. Couldn't stop laughing at Wayward Vagabond's post about it oh my god lol!

      Jamais Vu was really fun, and when I get warmed up tomorrow or down the road, it is going to be fairly pa able. Pretty straightforward in comparison to most files in the Ridiculous difficulty range for patterns, just need lots of speed for the js and trills. Lots of replay value here, will definitely be playing this file a lot more in the near future!
      SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

      Comment

      • 00Razor00
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 3530

        #33
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

        Originally posted by Evnoir
        Inb4 Razor and CBR are in the FFR All-Stars judging by their behaviours.
        not even close baby


        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

        Comment

        • VisD
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2007
          • 1196

          #34
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

          Already played dragonmega's file before this, but it's somehow more fun on the FFR engine <: FFR needs more jumpstreamy stuff around this bpm, really nice file!

          Freak was great although it seemed a little hard for a 60, but meh. What little I played of Tenimuhou was really fun as well.

          If I were somehow still in the tourney, I'd not want to be playing against the final 3. Last time round the winning score SOLROS was not even in a sub-20 lol, and this time it's already 4g. 4g on a high FMO to win D3. Whoa. Salitz's got this, congratz dude! I'd be really surprised if anyone were to beat that.

          Undiscovered Colors really taught me lots about undiscovered colors lmfao

          But seriously, I don't think it's fair that admin prowess means being able to crap files like this into the game indiscriminately, especially for something like an official tourney final round file, when it gets a reception like this. I know things like Mermaid Island last tourney and even Sleepmix this time were straight-to-game, but at least those weren't so widely panned.

          When everyone else has to go through the tortured cycle of submissions, a generally disliked file being put directly in feels low...I'm sure one of the rejected files from a previous batch could have done the job with fixes (rave7 lol). At least the submission process wouldn't feel cheapened. 2c


          Comment

          • Choofers
            FFR Player
            FFR Music Producer
            • Dec 2008
            • 6205

            #35
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

            Jae, please.

            Never step Flashbulb again.

            Comment

            • bballa48
              FFR Veteran
              • Jan 2007
              • 1496

              #36
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

              Songs are awesome, ratings are pretty off though.

              Colors is a 90 at the most.

              D6 song is a 94 at the least, holy shit.
              "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
              Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

              Comment

              • TheSaxRunner05
                The Doctor
                • Apr 2006
                • 6144

                #37
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                The only part of colors I don't care for is the slow part in between the two dense sections of the file. What is that rhythm? lol


                Comment

                • Elite Ninja
                  Kawaii Desu
                  Event Staff
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 4828

                  #38
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                  D1 - Don't care for the song but the chart was alright.

                  D2 - Nice chart. I liked it.

                  D3 - I don't know what it is but I love most of your files spitfire and this one is included. You can jumptrill the rolls which I find easier to do on mirror. JS feels great and I'll enjoy playing this a lot. Great file!

                  D4 - Very enjoyable to play. I don't feel like picking out all the small things I don't like about the chart because there's very few. That ending is so trolly though lmao.

                  D5 - Beginner is boring and is very annoying to have to go through everytime. First half of bursts are alright I guess. The middle break is dumb where it repeats 2 and 4 all the time. The last half of bursts feel like a mess. Overall there isn't much for me to enjoy out of this file. Very rarely do I not like a Flashbulb chart. This might be the first.

                  D6 - There's a lot in it that I can't hit but I'd probably end up finding it fun if I had the speed.
                  Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                  Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                  Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                  Comment

                  • krunkykai22
                    &lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 5436

                    #39
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                    D6's song is wtf ... seriously lol

                    D5's song is a piece of junk. And idc who gets pissy or bitchy with this statement. Didn't get judged, and shouldn't be in game. It's what you can expect from the step artist anywho.

                    Favorite overall file is Jasmine. That chart is really stepped well

                    Comment

                    • Plan_Bsk81127
                      snooches
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 6420

                      #40
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                      Freak - Pretty decent song, chart was ok

                      Destination of the Heart - anndddddddd...........more Renard as always. Chart was enjoyable though. lol

                      Jasmine (Camelrape Remix) - Thought the song was cool, chart was fun as well

                      Tenimuhou - Didnt have my hopes up too high going into this seeing it was a 4 min Xi chart, but the chart kept up and did not feel like you were playing a 4 min borefest. I personally wasnt too much of a fan of the chart (could change once I play it again more seriously), but seemed fine overall.

                      Undiscovered Colors - Please tell me this is getting removed after the tourn because this chart is just shit and makes me feel like its only going to stay in game just because you are staff and can throw in your charts whenever you want just like two other charts you have in game. This chart was a fuccen mess, boring ass beginning, bursts were ugly, that part with the 4th down arrow and random color right arrow was annoying beyond belief, overall just made me wish I had a third hand so I could literally facepalm the whole time while playing it.

                      Jamais Vu - Glad I played this last so I didnt have to be miserable all day after playing that last hunk of shit. Didnt like the chart on the srs playing side because madcuzbad, but should be a good chart to play multiple times since it nails a lot of my weaknesses that I can use to improve from.

                      Comment

                      • Choofers
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 6205

                        #41
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                        I'm stepping something from Arboreal for the next patch, I'm that disappointed in Undiscovered Colors.

                        Comment

                        • SC_coolguy44
                          Harmonoize
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 1041

                          #42
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                          Freak: This song was ok and the chart was ok.
                          Destination Of The Heart: The song was fun to listen to and the file is pretty fun. Congratz on getting your first file ingame dragonmegaXX (I think its your first).
                          Jasmine (Camelrape Remix): This was a fun file to play.
                          Tenimuhou: I think this was by far my favourite file this week. It may be long, but those patterns are really fun and the song is pretty cool too.
                          Undiscovered Colors: I didn't really like this one that much. It felt weird playing it. I also don't think this is a round 8 song.
                          Jamais Vu: Talk about a dump file (well then again Dossar stepped it :P), but it was actually fun and my second favourite this week.

                          Comment

                          • Elite Ninja
                            Kawaii Desu
                            Event Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 4828

                            #43
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                            Lol anyone else noticed the username at the bottom of the leaderboards for Undiscovered Colors?

                            http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=1782
                            Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                            Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                            Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                            Comment

                            • TC_Halogen
                              Rhythm game specialist.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 19376

                              #44
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                              Freak (SKG_Scintill): D1 gets a pretty damn awesome song for the end of tournament! And the file is excellent! The chart flows very smoothly from shadowing, and the song just sounds great. It looks great and sounds intimidating, which is excellent for our growing players. Oh shit factor? GAME ON.

                              Destination of the Heart (dragonmegaXX): First file in game, and at such a crucial spot of the tournament - congratulations. The file is pretty fluent, albeit a few 8th note jacks that chain some 16ths here or there. There's quite a bit of noticeable relevance in here; a nice visual representation is always good for the players to have. Nice job.

                              Jasmine [Camelrape Remix] (_.Spitfire._): Redemption. It must taste SO good. After getting a negative reception from System Doctor, the next file of yours that got in game had to be something good. And you know what, you definitely did the song justice. It flows well, it makes a lot of sense with the song, and the song is awesome to boot. Definitely makes up for the bad taste in my mouth after System Doctor.

                              Tenimihou (FFR All Stars): Gotta say, I'm definitely not on the same page with a lot of the people. I understand the positive reception, it does look like a decent file. However, I'm having an issue with the pattern fluency in a lot of areas; there are some forced mini-jacks in areas where mini-jacks weren't intended, and the first 48th wall actually ends on a split jump, which is frustratingly difficult to hit. The file is smooth in a lot of spots, but really rigid in areas where I felt like it should have been smooth. The file is alright to me, but I'm certainly not going to enjoy playing this for scoring purposes.

                              Undiscovered Colors (nois-or-e): atrocious tournament file, and the stepping on this file isn't great either. This song is extremely frustrating for players because they have to get through over half the song hitting only ~100 steps out of the 1300, to get absolutely destroyed with horrendous burst patterns that force mini-jacks unintentionally (some being rigid patterns that force two framers, after looking at a replay image). It's a shame, the song sounds great, and could have been great with a large amount of bursts like this, but these patterns are brutal to the point of not even being fun. Despite the terrible pattern choices, I'm not sure that this rating is right either. 89/90.

                              Jamais Vu (DossarLX ODI): Brutal file. Extremely stamina draining and brings some really tough patterns to the table; however, they're all fluent and can be done if you're warmed up enough to take them on. VERY split-heavy, a bit surprising coming from Dossar, no? Pretty good for a final, but I'm not so sure if this is a 93. I'm wondering if this is more along the lines like 91/92. On any level, I enjoy this file quite a bit.

                              Comment

                              • Coolboyrulez0
                                VICES
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 10042

                                #45
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 8

                                Looks like someone missed the fun last night, EN.
                                https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                                https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...