FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • awein999
    (ಠ⌣ಠ)
    • Oct 2007
    • 4647

    #106
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

    how did this file get in the game? because people like it and it's fun. assuming/demanding that your opinion is the only generally accepted way of stepping is lol
    Originally posted by Staiain
    i am super purple hippo

    Comment

    • mrpreggers
      D7 Elite Keymasher
      • Feb 2011
      • 3395

      #107
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

      Undiscovered Colors is the only dump I actually enjoy.. good music + I can do well on it for some reason. Only part I don't like is the first 50% lol

      Comment

      • SKG_Scintill
        Spun a twirly fruitcake,
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2009
        • 3877

        #108
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

        I hate every file released after 2008 anyway





        Originally posted by bluguerilla
        So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
        ___
        . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
        . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
        .

        Comment

        • Choofers
          FFR Player
          FFR Music Producer
          • Dec 2008
          • 6205

          #109
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

          stepmania tryhards

          Comment

          • icontrolyourworld
            Enjoy life!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Oct 2007
            • 4197

            #110
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

            Originally posted by awein999
            how did this file get in the game? because people like it and it's fun. assuming/demanding that your opinion is the only generally accepted way of stepping is lol
            I didn't say my way is right, and I didn't say his way is wrong I said his way is bad.
            Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM.

            Comment

            • DossarLX ODI
              Batch Manager
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2008
              • 15013

              #111
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

              Considering I had to play Gravity Blast with sound off due to the white note abuse, yes, it is bad usage. Icyworld is right, there is a difference between wrong and bad.

              A more recent file I had to play with sound off is Jack The Ripper. Because of the white notes, I had to turn sound off and go through the eyesore of converting the steps into jumps, 8ths, or whatever.

              Any file I have to play with sound off because of white notes is a terrible use of it. Color theory and emphasis is very easy to abuse and in cases like these it makes the chart an eyesore to play. I like how Icyworld mentioned the thing about default noteskin -- the 192nd usage doesn't matter since they land on the same color on default, so you can just play it normally. When I play gravity blast, I suddenly get turned away from the file and no longer care about what it's supposed to be emphasizing. Instead I'm always looking for any upcoming 192nds. That is never fun.
              Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

              Comment

              • ( ゚д゚)彡
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Apr 2006
                • 654

                #112
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                Comment

                • xVaLoRx
                  MYFUCKINGSOUND
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 1427

                  #113
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  Originally posted by 0
                  lmao

                  Comment

                  • Razor
                    Dan "Razor" Devilz
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2004
                    • 1606

                    #114
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    Lets complain more about a file that was queued for nearly half a year (for obvious reasons) and was only released in the tournament to fill in a gap.
                    Originally posted by FFR Forum Awards
                    Best FFR file from 2013:
                    3rd: Retro City
                    Originally posted by Choofers
                    I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #115
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Originally posted by icontrolyourworld
                      I would need this in dream to be sure, but I think the sound he's stepping in particular is off sync. It is just really weird to chart, but it doesn't look nor do I remember it feeling off sync. I actually remember liking the ending.

                      I'm pretty sure he stepped this in ddream, but i can guarantee my 5 years of experience playing says that the ending is off sync.
                      The ending isn't offsync per se, but stepped unexpectedly to the tail end of the shooting sounds. The sound goes something like "BWoooooosH BWoooooosH" and for some reason, he decided to step the "sH" end of the sound which is slightly emphasized. I would've preferred stepping the beginning of those sounds instead. Hope that clears up the confusion about the ending.

                      Comment

                      • Reshiram
                        The Vast White Note
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2011
                        • 1224

                        #116
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        I just saw this.

                        It's fine if you don't like my file for Gravity Blast, but it's pretty bad etiquette to deliberately bump a thread to sit here and bag on it. I'm not gonna even sit here and justify my designs because I don't feel it necessary. I stepped the file how I saw it, and you know what, looking back I wish I had used a wider array of colors other than just white on those sounds. But I didn't, what's done is done and it's in game, so deal with it.

                        My two cents.

                        Comment

                        • MarioNintendo
                          Expect delays.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 4181

                          #117
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                          Posting here because not enough people complain about Baby Still Too Fat.
                          Long live the arcade!

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #118
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            Locking because this isn't going to head in a good direction.
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            Working...