FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DayMan951
    yfwdbwdsb
    • Dec 2007
    • 2255

    #61
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

    anyone know the bpm of level skip?

    Comment

    • nois-or-e
      SponCon Aficionado
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2007
      • 3250

      #62
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

      Originally posted by DayMan951
      anyone know the bpm of level skip?

      125/250bpm afaik



      Also, dropping my daughter off at school now. Will upload the new copy of gargoyle when I return~

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #63
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

        Originally posted by qqwref
        Just played Gargoyle again. Does anyone else feel like it should be higher than 49? I don't usually play songs around that level but I don't think it would feel all that out of place around the 55 range.
        I personally think that 55 is a bit too high, but I definitely think it should be higher than a 49. 52/53 seems alright to me from the file preview. The patterns don't look that smooth, so the light density gets overshadowed by rigidity.

        Comment

        • bmah
          shots FIRED
          Profile Moderator
          FFR Simfile Author
          Global Moderator
          • Oct 2003
          • 8448

          #64
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

          Well it looks like 52 was the original difficulty, according to the info on the OP of this thread. It should probably revert back to 52.

          Comment

          • qqwref
            stepmania archaeologist
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2005
            • 4092

            #65
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

            Well, don't forget the number of jumps in the stream (as opposed to raw nps), the few minijacky 32nd patterns, the jack at the very end, and the length. All things considered, it's a pretty tricky file for the difficulty.
            Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
            Best SDG: PANTS (86)
            Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

            Comment

            • megamon88
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2006
              • 2567

              #66
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

              Posting for AlexDest.

              Originally posted by AlexDest
              After playing all of these I have quite a bit to say for these stepfiles for round 7.

              Gargoyle (D1): To be honest, I loved this one out of the bunch. This had quite a nostalgic feel to stepfiles from 2005 in packs like Keyboard Collaboration or Community Keyboard Megapacks. The style and how it is structured reminds me of b00mba or pre-technical Exige, it was absolutely fun in every way possible for me. To FFR Pro 21, please keep stepping like this, you have my full interest into upcoming stepfiles you may have in store soon.

              Velaciela (D2): Personally, I found this much better than Since 1983. Although the song genre is different between the two but Since 1983 was stepped pretty fluently, this was stepped with an abrupt and "free" feel to it. I found this just as fun as Gargoyle and this is also stepped pretty similarly to older stepfiles (Something along the lines of between the era of 2006 and 2007?). Definitely something I'd keep playing from time to time.

              Gravity Blast (D3): Just like with all of your stepfiles, this was stepped fluently. I don't agree with your over-usage of 192nd accents, even if they make the file "artsy" it's just overdone. Especially with a song done in LSDJ, personally, I don't think 192nds are needed to accent particular sounds. Still fun to play through, but the accented notes don't reach my interests.

              Level Skip (D4): Still loving this Carlos. You always know how to make a stepfile fun with only using jumps, because I'm sure most people would step the gabber sounding drums about 1/3rds in as hands. Not much else to say because this is all expected from you. Really fun.

              untitled 3 (D5): ...interesting. The layering was quite a disappointment to me because this song needed to be exaggerated with heavy layering in the easiest of parts, which you ignored that. The stepfile is a complete mind-blockable fest, especially the ending with the bursty jumpstream. The steps didn't appeal to me, not technical, just extremely messy. D5 will definitely be brutalized by this one.

              System Doctor (D6): ...and on to you. All the 4th sections are insanely empty. You missed quite a lot of vocal stutters which should have been stepped but instead D6 has to end up AAAing the first 1700~ notes and have to count on luck in the ending. Speaking of, those 32nd splits are the only thing memorable because it's the only part that is stepped accordingly to the nature of the song. Everything else before that is a complete let-down since all it is, is pattern manipulation by just simple (12)(34)(12) jumptrills. Nothing mind-blockable in this stepfile unlike Extratone, this is just relatively easier to AAA and is a complete disappointment to me.

              Comment

              • xVaLoRx
                MYFUCKINGSOUND
                • Nov 2009
                • 1427

                #67
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                Roughsketch <3

                Comment

                • Nullifidian
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 1837

                  #68
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  @ Alex

                  Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
                  The reason why I stepped System Doctor like this is to make the kicks feel like actual kicks. I've tried to play around with 8th notes in between too but it just fails to give that extra oompf feeling even though it might be harder. When I used the 8ths it didn't feel like it was following the song anymore. The way it's stepped now focusses on the kicks entirely during the quarter note sections and imo feels great to hit which is what I based this file around.

                  Comment

                  • Nullifidian
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 1837

                    #69
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    I found out the track title of untitled 3 by nero's day at disneyland after some serious searching on the web. Track title is Hero Reconsidering.

                    Comment

                    • DossarLX ODI
                      Batch Manager
                      Game Manager
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 15013

                      #70
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Nice find. I got it off of The fruit will rot vol 3, but why the hell would they list the track name as untitled? I don't get it.
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                      Comment

                      • Nullifidian
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 1837

                        #71
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        I'll just post the entire tracklist of that since I have the titles of the rest of the tracks too lol. In order:
                        1. rolex nike air low low interest
                        2. beautiful beachfront properties
                        3. hero reconsidering
                        4. help me find my child or the gold
                        5. everyone here is a guard
                        6. children smiling laughing thumbs up beached whale
                        7. lexus made of bones
                        8. this will be the sales event of the year

                        Comment

                        • DossarLX ODI
                          Batch Manager
                          Game Manager
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 15013

                          #72
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                          Alright so thanks to Spitfire, we now have the technical title for untitled 3. I'll tell someone to change it to its proper name.

                          Just sent bmah a skype message. Jae seems to be offline right now.
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #73
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
                            I'll just post the entire tracklist of that since I have the titles of the rest of the tracks too lol. In order:
                            1. rolex nike air low low interest
                            2. beautiful beachfront properties
                            3. hero reconsidering
                            4. help me find my child or the gold
                            5. everyone here is a guard
                            6. children smiling laughing thumbs up beached whale
                            7. lexus made of bones
                            8. this will be the sales event of the year
                            dying, lmfao

                            Comment

                            • DossarLX ODI
                              Batch Manager
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 15013

                              #74
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                              Also can't forget Man With Whip Standing Vomiting, Sprawling Idiot Effigy, etc.
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                              Comment

                              • Coolboyrulez0
                                VICES
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 10042

                                #75
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                                Nero's Day at Disneyland has always been a source of entertainment for me. Awesome tracktitles and I really enjoy the tunes.
                                He has his own unique IDM / Glitch style (one might almost say melodies and sounds have baroque influences + carnival music)
                                that's easily identifiable and sounds wicked cool to my ears.
                                https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                                https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...