FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kommisar
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jun 2005
    • 7328

    #46
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

    Hej Hej now everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Bias is inevitable and if that's what makes the game more fun for you, god forbid you should talk about it.

    I hate dossar, bmah and wc files but I don't make a scene about it either lol. I judge as objectively as possible but having a personal opinion isn't a sin.

    Comment

    • Mike Weedmark
      FFR Veteran
      • Aug 2009
      • 1196

      #47
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

      D6: 170~ goods in about 3 minutes. Rated 90.
      D5: 170~ goods in 1 minute. Rated 86.

      One of these ratings is wrong.

      Other things:

      - D2 has the only non-generic song this round.

      - D1's song is a full fifth to a quarter of a second offsync. I can understand bad conversions, but offsets being wrong by this much at this point is just stupid.
      Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 08-19-2012, 06:35 AM.

      Comment

      • kommisar
        Dark Chancellor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jun 2005
        • 7328

        #48
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

        Originally posted by Choofers
        I'll take "The English Language and Proper Sentence Structure" for a thousand, alex
        I was reading this on break at work and ****ing died dhfjfeyhsuh

        Comment

        • DossarLX ODI
          Batch Manager
          Game Manager
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2008
          • 15013

          #49
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

          @bmah yes





          I'll send him a message stating that his song got in game -- Breakbeat Acid was a similar case.
          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

          Comment

          • iironiic
            D6 FFR Legacy Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2009
            • 4342

            #50
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

            Who the hell cares what others think. If you like some files vs. others, good for you. No need to act so defensive based on what others think lmfao.

            Comment

            • Nullifidian
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2007
              • 1837

              #51
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
              @bmah yes





              I'll send him a message stating that his song got in game -- Breakbeat Acid was a similar case.
              You should try for full permission of his music if you have good contact with him. Bluguerrilla messaged him before but he had no reply from him.

              Comment

              • dore
                caveman pornstar
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2006
                • 6317

                #52
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                IMO people who don't like difficulty spikes are playing for all the wrong reasons. I know that it can suck for AAAing but it makes it more fun for every other time you play the song. While scoring for a tournament isn't the best time to have a file full of spikes, last I checked there were only a couple people who really have to worry about that at this point.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                Comment

                • DossarLX ODI
                  Batch Manager
                  Game Manager
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 15013

                  #53
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
                  You should try for full permission of his music if you have good contact with him. Bluguerrilla messaged him before but he had no reply from him.
                  Yeah, he is slow when it comes to responses. I don't even know if he's going to respond back to my blanket permission request (just sent it a few minutes ago), but it's worth a shot.
                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                  Comment

                  • SC_coolguy44
                    Harmonoize
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 1041

                    #54
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    Gargoyle: This was a fun file that has decent patterns.
                    Velaciela: Another fun file that I really enjoyed and I'll be playing again.
                    Gravity Blast: This chart is fun and crazy.
                    Level Skip: This one actually was one of my least favourite Wayward Vagabond charts. To me it felt like a bunch of notes dumped there. Someone else may have a different opinion on this, but this is my take/opinion of the file.
                    untitled 3: Seriously, what is this?
                    System Doctor: Yay RoughSketch! This file is insane (especially at the end with the vibrating trills), but nonetheless it is a very fun file to play.

                    Comment

                    • qqwref
                      stepmania archaeologist
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 4092

                      #55
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Originally posted by dore
                      IMO people who don't like difficulty spikes are playing for all the wrong reasons.
                      Sorry but I'm just not fond of having a terrible rank on a song because any random noob who's better at jacking than I am can get a higher combo.

                      Now if FFR was raw scoring, it wouldn't be a problem at all. But I think it's clear the staff really, really wants it to stay this way.
                      Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                      Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                      Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                      Comment

                      • Nullifidian
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 1837

                        #56
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        It's not the end of the world

                        Comment

                        • nois-or-e
                          SponCon Aficionado
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 3250

                          #57
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                          Alright guys, some people hate it, some people love it, some people just can't stop arguing like little girls. Look at us, we're all doing things.

                          On the lighter side of things, I am fixing up Gargoyle atm. I had no idea it was so far out, all the charts were in-sync when I was play testing them earlier yesterday.
                          This laptop & internet are taking forever to do anything atm tho, so I will leave this thing publishing and upload it as soon as I wake up in about 4-5hrs if someone else hasn't beaten me to it.

                          Sorry about the delay D1 players, just use the offset feature till then. My wifes first ultrasound is tomorrow morning, and I really need to get some sleep~

                          Comment

                          • SKG_Scintill
                            Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 3877

                            #58
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            Gargoyle is bad because it's too easy
                            Anyone who disagrees I will refuse to listen to
                            **** you





                            Originally posted by bluguerilla
                            So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                            ___
                            . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                            . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                            .

                            Comment

                            • Choofers
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 6205

                              #59
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                              Originally posted by 00Razor00
                              in b4 kicked off for judging bias
                              I can say with confidence I'm shooting for 100% unbiasednessity.

                              Comment

                              • qqwref
                                stepmania archaeologist
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 4092

                                #60
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                                Just played Gargoyle again. Does anyone else feel like it should be higher than 49? I don't usually play songs around that level but I don't think it would feel all that out of place around the 55 range.
                                Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                                Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                                Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                                Comment

                                Working...