FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xXOpkillerXx
    ✘ Forever OP✘
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2008
    • 4207

    #31
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

    AJ said it more than enough times; System Doctor = Boring stuff + more boring stuff + more boring stuff + D6 part. I don't even see how some of you find the file appropriate for a tourney. There should never be files like that or pandora imo, just imagine something as long as WT2004 with WWE's ending, you're gonna tell me it's the right way to use difficulty spikes ? If not, then Sys Doc is exactly that example but with a shorter song.

    Comment

    • Nullifidian
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2007
      • 1837

      #32
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

      bmah was like "u crazy?" and I was like "i crazy" but bmah told me to tone it down so I did ;_;

      I don't see the problem in files having a couple of harder parts if the song calls for it and the file concept is based around that to begin with. All of a sudden it seems like all files need to be consistently hard everywhere all the time or it's a bad file. Also madnight. It's a good thing you're not a judge

      edit: if anything, I believe it makes some files more memorable because you'll be like "oh fuq here it comes"
      Last edited by Nullifidian; 08-19-2012, 01:42 AM.

      Comment

      • Xx{Midnight}xX
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2007
        • 8548

        #33
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

        Originally posted by Choofers
        Goddamn right. FFR would be filled with your files.
        That's not what I was getting at even remotely.

        Originally posted by Choofers
        Stuff I read but don't care to respond to

        Comment

        • Frank Munoz
          Muein
          • Nov 2007
          • 2048

          #34
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

          Originally posted by _.Spitfire._

          edit: if anything, I believe it makes some files more memorable because you'll be like "oh fuq here it comes"
          I think this every time I play your files.
          Unknown and Unofficial
          may the good arrow guide you

          Comment

          • Choofers
            FFR Player
            FFR Music Producer
            • Dec 2008
            • 6205

            #35
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
            That's not what I was getting at even remotely.
            I'll take "The English Language and Proper Sentence Structure" for a thousand, Alex.


            You're not responding because I'm right? Remind me to never take you seriously again. Ever.

            Comment

            • xXOpkillerXx
              ✘ Forever OP✘
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2008
              • 4207

              #36
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

              Well tristan I partly agree with that edit, sometime it fits, other times it doesnt. In this case I really think you should've kept the harder version you had since now it doesn't give that Epic part feeling, it's just oh god I gotta play through all that just to end up doing a rly short spike. If the "all that" is interesting/fun And not too far in difficulty from the spike, Then it might be a much more enjoyable to practice and improve your score on it and would be more inviting to play again even after AAAing (applies to any file in general). Now if you Had to tone it down it's not your fault lol. Anyway, that's my opinion on the file, it may not be approved by everybody but at this point it's more of a subjective argument since not everybody step files the same way :3

              Comment

              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8548

                #37
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                Originally posted by Choofers
                You're not responding because I'm right? Remind me to never take you seriously again. Ever.
                No, I just have better things to do than deal with you.

                Also to be frank, I don't think you ever tried to take me seriously in the first place.

                Which is why I don't feel like dealing with you.

                Comment

                • 00Razor00
                  FFR Player
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3530

                  #38
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  now now children, settle down

                  all the charts were good ok


                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                  Comment

                  • Nullifidian
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 1837

                    #39
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    Also lol, you guys do realise we don't have permission for the nero's day at disneyland song, do you? We don't have blanket ndad permission, only for his stuff on cock rock disco and this isn't on there.

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #40
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Just for your information, the harder version of System Doctor did NOT capitalize on filling the 4th jump/hand section with 8th notes or other stuff. If I recall correctly, those parts were still 4th jumps and hands. The crazy bursts halfway through and near the end were the parts that were watered down. IMO, I think there's a lot less to complain about if people actually made the comparison.

                      This is also one of the oldest files remaining in queue, aside from Love & Justice. Both were submitted last year.


                      Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
                      Also lol, you guys do realise we don't have permission for the nero's day at disneyland song, do you? We don't have blanket ndad permission, only for his stuff on cock rock disco and this isn't on there.
                      IIRC, Dossar contacted the artist personally. In fact, I think Nero thanked Dossar for finding an mp3 of a song he didn't even have anymore.

                      Comment

                      • Coolboyrulez0
                        VICES
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 10042

                        #41
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
                        Also lol, you guys do realise we don't have permission for the nero's day at disneyland song, do you? We don't have blanket ndad permission, only for his stuff on cock rock disco and this isn't on there.
                        First thing that popped into my mind too haha

                        I can see how people might not enjoy your file from a tournament point of view, sure, but it looks like a fun upper-tier file for semi-casual players like me. That being said I think most the charts this week ranged from decent to really good -- I haven't gotten to play them but from the previews Gravity Blast looks like a JOY to play.
                        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                        Comment

                        • Choofers
                          FFR Player
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 6205

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                          No, I just have better things to do than deal with you.
                          "Hmm, choof's right so I'm just gonna watch some K-On!"

                          Also to be frank, I don't think you ever tried to take me seriously in the first place.
                          FFR is always serious. Always.
                          ps learning from all kinds of files will only make you a better simfile artist. And Tristan is top tier simfile artist, like it or not.

                          Which is why I don't feel like dealing with you.
                          Then can I [PASS] all of your files because I don't feel like dealing with them?


                          Edit: my 3000th post was during an argument with middie, time to step him an op

                          edit2: fuc your tilde~ !!
                          Last edited by Choofers; 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM. Reason: ~~~~~

                          Comment

                          • Nullifidian
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 1837

                            #43
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            OP

                            Comment

                            • 00Razor00
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 3530

                              #44
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                              Originally posted by Choofers
                              Then can I [PASS] all of your files because I don't feel like dealing with them?
                              in b4 kicked off for judging bias


                              Originally posted by t-rogdor
                              hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                              Comment

                              • SKG_Scintill
                                Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 3877

                                #45
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                                Middie mad cuz bad





                                Originally posted by bluguerilla
                                So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                                ___
                                . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                                . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...