FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hi19hi19
    lol happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 12194

    #91
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

    Originally posted by _.Spitfire._
    Regardless, I know several people who really enjoy System Doctor and they outnumber the people who dislike System Doctor. It's just that the people who don't like it are more vocal about it. I step my files the way I like them myself and if you don't like it, then it's not a file meant for you. :P
    Hey, that's fine, just offering my opinion.

    I'll continue stepping more consistent difficulty like I did in Phi-dentity Crisis, you continue stepping your way... more for everyone


    Comment

    • 00Razor00
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2006
      • 3530

      #92
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

      ps darkztar, you're gay for not adding the 16ths during the polyrhythm section

      feels so empty


      Originally posted by t-rogdor
      hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

      Comment

      • 25thhour
        I like max
        • Feb 2007
        • 2922

        #93
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

        D3 song ending is the only bonk part... I just cant seem to not dump 6 goods...
        **** I get an epic run and I lose because I miss...
        Last edited by 25thhour; 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM.
        r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

        Comment

        • DarkZtar
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2007
          • 668

          #94
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

          Originally posted by 00Razor00
          ps darkztar, you're gay for not adding the 16ths during the polyrhythm section

          feels so empty
          I actually did try adding them in and it just made the whole section feel weird (esp considering that the 16ths are pretty quiet) =<

          Comment

          • icontrolyourworld
            Enjoy life!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Oct 2007
            • 4197

            #95
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

            Just bumping this thread to bag on Gravity Blast

            The white notes were completely unnecessary, it looks awkward and people need to stop doing this.
            The first let's say 3 seconds of the file starts off with very inconsistent patterns, why would you put a 16th gallop this early on? It doesn't flow at all.
            Some parts of the file are stepped to easily when you can clearly hear more music, and the parts that are supposed to be hard are stepped badly.
            The random triplet patterns are bad, I don't know why but the choice of pattern you used on them sucks. And also they appear very randomly, as in you can put triplets for a lot of other places but you only selected certain areas to put them even though pretty much the same sound you stepped them too is played throughout various other parts of the file.
            Again the white notes are bad and if anyone reading this uses them STOP.
            The jumpstream thrills (not necessarily jumpthrills but the parts in the jumpstream where you have to thrill and there are jumps) is really gay, never use this pattern again.
            The very ending is like 1 mile off sync.

            How is it so hard to step a good song with good steps?
            How did this file get accepted?

            Comment

            • jprox445
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2009
              • 532

              #96
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

              shit. 2 month bumps?
              Gravity blast was fun. but i hated Press Start. That colourful wall was retarded

              Comment

              • Zakvvv666
                I catch fruit
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2009
                • 2861

                #97
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                Gravity Blast isn't that bad, I actually enjoy the file, and white notes aren't that annoying, they don't have any impact on my enjoyment at all as they aren't used TOO much.



                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

                Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.


                Comment

                • bmah
                  shots FIRED
                  Profile Moderator
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  Global Moderator
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 8448

                  #98
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  Well I suppose icy isn't familiar with the great white dragon known as...Reshiram.

                  Comment

                  • Xx{Midnight}xX
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 8548

                    #99
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    I'm bored. These are my thoughts ect not Resh's ect you get the deal.

                    Quotes from Icy are unbolded.

                    The white notes were completely unnecessary, it looks awkward and people need to stop doing this.

                    You may be far to much set into your own way of stepping. I'd have to argue you simply haven't figured out why each white note exists where it does. It's a tactical use of what I would say is emphasis. But think of this: if Resh couldn't explain it, he more than likely wouldn't have done it.

                    The first let's say 3 seconds of the file starts off with very inconsistent patterns, why would you put a 16th gallop this early on? It doesn't flow at all.

                    The trills are worse to start off, and also, the gallops make sense. I don't see the issue here other than the later mentioned part where you mention they're kinda random.

                    Some parts of the file are stepped to easily when you can clearly hear more music, and the parts that are supposed to be hard are stepped badly.

                    I'm sorry it does not cater to the need to dump jumpstream everywhere. The chart as a whole is fairly constant in difficulty so I don't see why you'd make parts harder than others. The song does not have an overly intense build up of sorts (at least to my ear) to justify a jump of such. At least Pandora has this. Also, who's to say a song has only one interpretation? You can make a case for both your chart and Resh's.

                    The random triplet patterns are bad, I don't know why but the choice of pattern you used on them sucks. And also they appear very randomly, as in you can put triplets for a lot of other places but you only selected certain areas to put them even though pretty much the same sound you stepped them too is played throughout various other parts of the file.

                    I gotta give you that they appear randomly, but the patterns are fine. Much better than other charts that came out even recently, which will remain nameless.

                    Again the white notes are bad and if anyone reading this uses them STOP.

                    Subjective. I'll keep using them where they fit as I see fit as long as I can justify it. I think it's honestly like I said earlier, using emphasis. In this case we're using color and not layering to emphasize sounds.

                    The jumpstream thrills (not necessarily jumpthrills but the parts in the jumpstream where you have to thrill and there are jumps) is really gay, never use this pattern again.

                    I'm sorry but, what's a jumpthrill? If you mean the anchor trills then: Yes because you certainly have never done worse nor seen worse. As much as I dislike the patterns I can't argue that they're out of place. They fit here fairly well.

                    The very ending is like 1 mile off sync.

                    I would need this in dream to be sure, but I think the sound he's stepping in particular is off sync. It is just really weird to chart, but it doesn't look nor do I remember it feeling off sync. I actually remember liking the ending.

                    How is it so hard to step a good song with good steps?

                    Trust me it's hard, most people can't do it. I'm certainly among them as of right now. But then again, so are/where a lot of the even more popular steppers like say Behanjc (Radio Heads) Dore (DSoK / Bloodmeat / Grocery Jack Plan) Rebirth (MaxX Forever / Club / Blooddrunk [Heavy]) and this list could go on. The idea is to experiment and find a style you like which to be honest, I can't say I think you've tried because all I've ever seen are jumpstream dumps from you. Minus Etude On a Nimbus of course.

                    How did this file get accepted?

                    Unlike charts like Undiscovered Shit, the same as others. It was judged like everything else I imagine, though since this was for the same tourney as Undiscovered Shit, I can't say I'm 100% sure without bothering to go check, which you can do on your own time if you really care that much.

                    Also remember, I'm by no means able to considered a "good" or "great" stepper, but I feel like I understand the chart to a good degree. Like I said though again, these are just me thinking out-loud. Don't take it personally or anything please.

                    PS: I might be going back on something I said earlier, but eh. Opinions change sometimes.
                    Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 10-16-2012, 02:31 AM.

                    Comment

                    • Wayward Vagabond
                      Confirmed Heartbreaker
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 5866

                      #100
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Reshirams colour usage is more often than not bad and annoying

                      Comment

                      • icontrolyourworld
                        Enjoy life!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 4197

                        #101
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        I'll take some time to respond to some of this.
                        You may be far to much set into your own way of stepping. I'd have to argue you simply haven't figured out why each white note exists where it does. It's a tactical use of what I would say is emphasis. But think of this: if Resh couldn't explain it, he more than likely wouldn't have done it.

                        I know that the white notes are there to emphasis certain sounds, it just looks bad and distracting. To me it's like a 192nd mini freeze arrow on SM, just because you can put it there doesn't mean you should.

                        The trills are worse to start off, and also, the gallops make sense. I don't see the issue here other than the later mentioned part where you mention they're kinda random.

                        I'm talking about this part specifically it's a retarded good trap and I don't see the need for this gallop. (look at the combo to see where in the chart specifically) (Starting on that yellow)


                        I gotta give you that they appear randomly, but the patterns are fine. Much better than other charts that came out even recently, which will remain nameless.

                        They shouldn't just appear randomly, they should be at least consistent if you're going to step them at all. Throughout the whole song i hear triplet triplet triplet triplet triplet triplet but he goes 8th note 8th note 8th note 8th note 8th note 8th note OH time to step some triplets.

                        Subjective. I'll keep using them where they fit as I see fit as long as I can justify it. I think it's honestly like I said earlier, using emphasis. In this case we're using color and not layering to emphasize sounds.

                        As long as people keep doing this I'll most likely play to AAA and then never play it again.

                        I'm sorry but, what's a jumpthrill? If you mean the anchor trills then: Yes because you certainly have never done worse nor seen worse. As much as I dislike the patterns I can't argue that they're out of place. They fit here fairly well.

                        It's a thrill composed of jumps. And as you put it the anchor thrills go to the music as they should, but as a stepartist you can at least not be a noob about it and decide to put some other pattern that is more fun.

                        I would need this in dream to be sure, but I think the sound he's stepping in particular is off sync. It is just really weird to chart, but it doesn't look nor do I remember it feeling off sync. I actually remember liking the ending.

                        I'm pretty sure he stepped this in ddream, but i can guarantee my 5 years of experience playing says that the ending is off sync.

                        Trust me it's hard, most people can't do it. I'm certainly among them as of right now. But then again, so are/where a lot of the even more popular steppers like say Behanjc (Radio Heads) Dore (DSoK / Bloodmeat / Grocery Jack Plan) Rebirth (MaxX Forever / Club / Blooddrunk [Heavy]) and this list could go on. The idea is to experiment and find a style you like which to be honest, I can't say I think you've tried because all I've ever seen are jumpstream dumps from you. Minus Etude On a Nimbus of course.

                        Here's the thing though, Reshiram isn't new to making stepfiles.
                        As for me not experimenting here have some vids. And personally I think if you don't think Etude on a Nimbus is a jumpstream dump it's because it's easier and caters to your skill level whereas I normally make jumpstream dumps for my skill level





                        Edit: 1 more vid because this one is actually for FFR
                        Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 10-16-2012, 04:00 AM.

                        Comment

                        • DarknessXoXLight
                          sonder
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 2279

                          #102
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                          Why do you spell it thrill? ._.

                          Comment

                          • SKG_Scintill
                            Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 3877

                            #103
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            Why is the offset of both Eth and Milky Blue off by an 8th?

                            And yeah, stop calling it "thrills"





                            Originally posted by bluguerilla
                            So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                            ___
                            . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                            . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                            .

                            Comment

                            • icontrolyourworld
                              Enjoy life!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 4197

                              #104
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                              Originally posted by SKG_Scintill
                              Why is the offset of both Eth and Milky Blue off by an 8th?

                              And yeah, stop calling it "thrills"
                              you mean the arrows start aparantly 1/8th a note after the music starts? if that's the case probably youtubes lags fault
                              if you mean i use blues for reds, then that's just how i step sometimes, since i use default noteskin it doesn't bother me, you still get the same note set

                              Comment

                              • bballa48
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 1496

                                #105
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 7

                                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX

                                Unlike charts like Undiscovered Shit,
                                I gotta admit, I lol'd pretty hard here.

                                And for what it's worth, I think Gravity Blast is crazy fun. Who cares if it is stepped perfectly.
                                "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                                Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                                Comment

                                Working...