View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #11
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Songs of the Week 08/20/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnMac View Post
Nah
holy shit the roles are reversed.

but to put this back on-track:

I conversed a lot about this in Discord vs in-thread on the forums, but I am very much a person of the concept that as long as a dump is patterned / layered well, and retains a rigid structure, I could realistically see a lot of dump files getting into the game. There has been many songs in the past (and accepted) into FFR that have contained dump burst-y elements that have became a trend for songs that are specifically submitted to FFR since the acceptance of Vantablack & Naruto's Ninja Way (Thanks, AJ) and to me, it was really only a matter of time until the lines of what is a dump / what isn't a dump would be blurred by its usage where the question would come up: "Do we actually want dumps in FFR?".

That question was eventually asked in Judgment chat (containing all the Judges, Head Judges and Game Managers), and the answer was a "yeah, sure. Why not?". imo people have been putting dump elements in files for years now, so it's not a large leap to accept dump files.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote