[Aired] No Game No Life

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Izzy
    Snek
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2003
    • 9195

    #76
    Re: [Airing] No Game No Life



    There is this I guess. Would be cool if it was a manga instead.

    Edit:
    Read No Game No Life manga chapters for free.No Game No Life scans.You could read the latest and hottest No Game No Life manga in MangaHere.


    Looks like it is being adapted. So if it never gets a s2 at least there is that option whenever it manages to catch up.

    Comment

    • ScylaX
      urararararararara
      FFR Music Producer
      • Dec 2007
      • 1044

      #77
      Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

      I'm at ep 5 for now and I've got to say that chess game was retarded as hell. The idea has potential but the direction manages to make it very boring somehow and I can't tell how, I just know this could have been way more enjoyable. Making a game where you break the tacit rules is something that can be really fun to watch, but God forbid it felt as generic as ever and I'm very frustrated.

      Fanservice/comedy isn't much funny too, MC's personality is about the only thing in the writing that diametrically pleases me : his aura is frontally, brainlessly alpha and the kid inside me loves it very much!! and some interventions of Shiro are quite nice too.

      I'll watch the rest for now, it's deeply average but rather enjoyable (at least, more than Black Bullet and Captain Earth) and I like the colorz, it's very pleasing to watch graphically, there is a quite satisfying ratio of lovely stills per episode <3
      Suimega is my present username!!! (b-but feel free to call me scylaax anyway) | https://suimega.bandcamp.com/

      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #78
        Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

        izzy - https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/i...o_Game_No_Life

        alot more content and spoilers if you want to bother to read ahead


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • Izzy
          Snek
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2003
          • 9195

          #79
          Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

          There is only 1 more episode though. Once that is over I'll probably read the LN which I wouldn't really consider spoilers since there may never be a season 2 and if there is it will be in forever.

          Comment

          • YoshL
            Celestial Harbor
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2008
            • 6156

            #80
            Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

            i haven't caught up with the series, hopefully they're going to get through the werebeast game, and miko maybe


            Originally posted by Charu
            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

            Comment

            • Izzy
              Snek
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2003
              • 9195

              #81
              Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

              From the looks of it, it will barely get through this werebeast game and whatever kind of aftermath follows then a massive cliffhanger.

              Comment

              • YoshL
                Celestial Harbor
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Aug 2008
                • 6156

                #82
                Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                after the werebeast game feels like a really good resolution point though, at least from reading the LN


                Originally posted by Charu
                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                Comment

                • clasko1000
                  Ima Twans
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 633

                  #83
                  Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                  #tet
                  It doesnt matter where you draw the line, everything leads to the same place... Over the line!

                  Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

                  Originally posted by emerald000
                  I'll take some more free boosters please.
                  Originally posted by choof
                  please do the community a favor
                  http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

                  Comment

                  • YoshL
                    Celestial Harbor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 6156

                    #84
                    Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                    catching up right now; looks like they'll make it through all the werebeast stuff.


                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #85
                      Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                      I approve of everything in this series

                      Comment

                      • Buta-san
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2013
                        • 492

                        #86
                        Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                        another btooom
                        le stepman blog

                        Comment

                        • kommisar
                          Dark Chancellor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 7328

                          #87
                          Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                          I usually only like really bad anime



                          and I love this series

                          Comment

                          • rCaliberGX
                            D7 Elite Keymasher
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 2337

                            #88
                            Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                            Originally posted by clasko1000
                            #tet
                            #tet

                            Released!

                            Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                            you look like you're dSucks

                            Comment

                            • stargroup100
                              behanjc & me are <3'ers
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 2051

                              #89
                              Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                              So I decided to write a review here because I feel like this show is worth talking about personally. Initially, I wasn't interested either, as it did look like a .hack/SAO kind of thing, but someone mentioned to me a heavy usage of game theory, which I'm passionately studying, so I gave it a shot.

                              I just finished the first episode and already I have strong mixed feelings about this, but I do realize my opinions come from a vastly different direction than that of most other people, so I should first explain where I'm coming from.

                              For me, when I watch shows, one of the most important details, especially when it comes to science fiction, is consistency. And I mean conceptual consistency, a kind where a show avoids contradicting itself or saying things that don't make sense. For most people, they would feel strange if a character in a show does something that contradicts their nature without valid reason. It takes you out of the story, just as how a blatant mistake in a musical performance sticks out and is grating to listen to. For me, it goes further than just simple interactions, and I tend to see things in greater scope. I do understand that in fiction bending the rules of reality is the kind of the point, but what I'm trying to get at is that even if you were to make your own rules, you should be consistent within the rules that you have set up for yourself.

                              Now to actually comment on the first episode. I don't know if these count as spoilers but adding this just in case. Initially, the beginning seems like a good hook. It's a little far-fetched to imagine such players of legendary skill, but it doesn't seem totally impossible, considering that we don't understand the game mechanics and we give the benefit of the doubt for dramatic usage. But once I learned that the 4 in-game players are controlled by 2 people, and using their FEET as well as hands, and later on all 4 players by one person, I became skeptical. It's difficult to conceive of a game that fits the parameters given by the show that one could even plausibly achieve such a task.

                              Sora and Shiro later go on to describe chess. Considering the level of intelligence they have, I would expect them to have a good understanding of how the game works and therefore explain it correctly, but it's blatantly clear it's just the author (to his credit, probably doing his best) trying to make it sound smart and impressive. Basically, it's like trying to listen to someone talk about math incorrectly and then somehow expected to believe this person is a genius in mathematics.

                              "But... only if you understand all 10^120 possible states of the board!"
                              Firstly, 10^120 is the approximate game-tree complexity. The number of board states is far less, about 10^50. But, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say this could even be a translation error.
                              Secondly, understanding the game fully is not about knowing the entire game-tree, but being able to understand various high-level strategic choices that will presumably cover the cases across the entire tree, the interactions of choices. One could argue that's basically what it's saying and that I'm nitpicking, but my point is that they could've done it more accurately and at the same time make it sound even more impressive. One of those things is "impossible" and not helpful, while the other allows you to "potentially" play a perfect game.
                              They also mention that there's a perfect solution that can't lose, and this is completely not true because chess isn't solved yet, and the complexity space is too great to be able to say anything. But I could dismiss this and say that they can assert this because they've solved chess. The problem with that is that if they really have solved the game, then there actually wouldn't be any competition whatsoever, because the outcome of the game had been decided before they even played, which would make the anime play out differently. Note how Shiro comments on the enemy player cutting off his own piece's advance. I understand that the author is trying to explain the difference between human and computer decision-making processes through example, but the way he presents it makes you question whether or not they really understand the game as well as he makes it seem.

                              Later on, they play one hand of poker for high stakes, and after what I already saw I had low expectations for the author, and thought he would make things worse by somehow assuming that one hand of poker would be any reliable determination of skill, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by how he handled that scene.
                              Poker is a determination of skill because over the course of many hands, the consequences of various decisions (fold, check, raise) accumulate enough such that the more skilled player consistently holds a lead. Poker with one hand is almost pure luck and meaningless in terms of skill, and to place such ridiculous bets on one hand is not a rationally sound decision by any means... unless you know you're going to win.
                              In retrospect, even if he was going to write out a scene constrained to poker rules, or even stretching it out a bit, I don't see how it could possibly go anywhere, so admittedly I shouldn't have been so dismissive prior to watching that scene.

                              Overall, however, I predict the author is going to do at least a fairly satisfactory job at intertwining game theory into his work for the masses, so I guess it isn't really a major issue and explains the high ratings (see Gurann Lagann). Unfortunately, it's going to be difficult for me, because I will be subconsciously aware of all of these inconsistencies few others notice, but I think it should be enjoyable nonetheless.
                              Last edited by stargroup100; 06-24-2014, 08:28 PM.
                              Rhythm Simulation Guide
                              Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

                              Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #90
                                Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

                                ctrl+f stepmania

                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...