Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Choofers
    FFR Player
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2008
    • 6205

    #16
    Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

    Originally posted by A2P
    I was gonna write a huge long tl;dr post about how youre wrong but it's not worth the TIME, man.
    he's not wrong rofl
    she was a great singer and even though i dont listen to her music very much she was a huge influence on a bunch of singers to whom i do listen. Rest in peace
    sounds pretty on-spot to me

    Comment

    • A2P
      FFR Veteran
      • Apr 2009
      • 3127

      #17
      Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

      Originally posted by Choofers
      he's not wrong rofl
      Fuck you!

      Comment

      • rushyrulz
        Digital Dancing!
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 12985

        #18
        Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

        um what o.o


        Comment

        • robertsona
          missa in h-moll
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2006
          • 4000

          #19
          Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

          I don't even get why it has to be that way? Why does there have to be some sort of social dissonance over the fact that people are sad when someone whose music they liked / who they respected died? Come on, dude--you know we can't mourn the death of every "starving child in Africa" or what have you, nice as that thought is. if you don't care about houston, that's fine. but why bother the people who do?

          Comment

          • devonin
            Very Grave Indeed
            Community Manager
            Event Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2004
            • 10120

            #20
            Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

            I'm just shocked she was only 48. If you'd asked me how old Whitney Houston was I'd probably have said Early 60s

            Comment

            • A2P
              FFR Veteran
              • Apr 2009
              • 3127

              #21
              Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

              I just don't get the sensationalism. Whitney had a few nice ups in her career, but she fell to drug addiction, and hasn't really been relevant up to this point. I'm sorry man, but that's just how I feel about this.

              Comment

              • Choofers
                FFR Player
                FFR Music Producer
                • Dec 2008
                • 6205

                #22
                Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                everyone makes dumb decisions, some are just worse than others.

                Comment

                • robertsona
                  missa in h-moll
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 4000

                  #23
                  Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                  Originally posted by A2P
                  I just don't get the sensationalism. Whitney had a few nice ups in her career, but she fell to drug addiction, and hasn't really been relevant up to this point. I'm sorry man, but that's just how I feel about this.
                  "Sensationalism"? Like what? Various publications covering it? People making facebook statuses? I don't know man--just seems like a pop star died and people who may have liked her music or thought of her as an inspiration are sad about it, which is reasonable. Most of us probably know she's imperfect, but that's what "celebrating a legacy" is all about. We all know Michael Jackson was pretty crazy in his latter days, but when he died, people were sad because of his celebrated career as an artist and because he was an inspiration for many people. He wasn't perfect; Whitney wasn't perfect; nobody is. But that doesn't mean they can't be heroes to many, and it doesn't mean we can't be sad about their deaths or celebrate their accomplishments. Or don't--that's fine too. But someone has the right too without being called a "sensationalist" or "immoral" because they're not simultaneously mourning the deaths of those who die every day.

                  I don't know. That's all it is, to me.

                  Comment

                  • ichliebekase
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2006
                    • 3213

                    #24
                    Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                    She fell to drug addiction because of her abusive marriage to Bobby Brown. I don't know much about the subject, but apparently Whitney suffered heavily in the marriage due to Bobby's abuse, and she needed an out. It's sad that she had to resort to drugs, but being a sensational pop star, there wasn't too much she could do (or so I assume she thought).
                    Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
                    We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
                    =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
                    Garden Party - Dance, level 38

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #25
                      Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                      Some of the responses in this thread are exactly like how some people responded when a thread was made about Amy Winehouse's death (which coincidentally also happened to be due to drugs) - entirely inappropriate, whether you listen and/or care about their music or not.

                      I don't really listen to their music, but I -know- how influential they were in the music world. The fact that some people respond with an "I don't give a ****" attitude is rude and should be kept to themselves. Do NOT post if this is what you're going to say. We're not asking you to like their music, but we're also not asking you to be insensitive about it. They're not the genre of music I listen to, but you simply cannot undermine their significance.
                      Last edited by bmah; 02-11-2012, 07:06 PM.

                      Comment

                      • DarknessXoXLight
                        sonder
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 2279

                        #26
                        Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                        rip

                        Comment

                        • Anaru
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 1530

                          #27
                          Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                          Originally posted by Kyozu22
                          I don't really know how to feel about people dying that I have never heard of.
                          if you've never heard of whitney houston that's kind of.. not right

                          lol

                          Comment

                          • Cold Kitten
                            i love (purple things)
                            • May 2009
                            • 1341

                            #28
                            Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                            ... the people on this site sometimes, I swear.... *sigh*

                            ANYWAY.

                            Yeah, never listened to her much, but she was quite influential. RIP. :/


                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                            Comment

                            • Emithith
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 1784

                              #29
                              Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                              Originally posted by Kyozu22
                              I don't really know how to feel about people dying that I have never heard of.
                              Get out from under that rock you live under. Even I have heard of her, and I'm socially backwards.

                              Comment

                              • Plan_Bsk81127
                                snooches
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 6420

                                #30
                                Re: Pop superstar Whitney Houston dead at 48

                                Originally posted by foilman8805
                                who gives a **** wow
                                indeed

                                Comment

                                Working...