What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cetaka
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 2550

    #31
    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

    PErsonaly without FFR/stepmania I would weigh 50 pounds more than I do now.




    Comment

    • Winrar
      Quasi-porn
      • Jan 2008
      • 1843

      #32
      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

      I wouldn't be listening to j-core or chiptune/vgm. Instead I'd be a metalhead. Probably wouldn't have as good rhythm as I do now. My guess would be that I'd find some other game to spend my time on, or smoke more pot, or just chill outside and quit video games.

      I'd probably even cut my hair =O
      Last edited by Winrar; 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM.

      Originally posted by Staiain
      I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

      Comment

      • One Winged Angel
        Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2007
        • 10837

        #33
        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

        I wouldn't have been introduced to the multitude of music genres that I couldn't have possibly known had existed, I could've potentially lost my interest in music years ago (which would've led to me focusing completely on school...I'd have better grades and maybe a higher paying job, but I definitely wouldn't be as happy), I wouldn't have found it possible to have an intelligent conservation with another human being (most of my irl friends probably have IQs below 90), and I'd probably be dating one of three other girls right now that, in all likelihood, I wouldn't love nearly as much (nearly is putting it generously, I'd be miserable).

        On the slightly negative side, I wouldn't be as much of a sarcastic prick as I am nowadays, but I kinda like that part about me so lol


        Originally posted by ilikexd
        i want to be cucked by cirno

        Comment

        • DarknessXoXLight
          sonder
          • Mar 2007
          • 2279

          #34
          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

          Funny, I was just talking about this last night. I'm not really sure, my focus of attention would either go to a different game or music. I probably would have studied a lot more. My fingers wouldn't be as messed up as they are right now. I'd get the entire summer of the 4th official back, but then I'd never be good friends with Eric or a lot of people from here. And I would have never met Rob, so I am beyond thankful that I did find FFR and that I stuck with it. My life would be completely different if I didn't find this online rhythm game~*~*~*~*~*~*

          edit: i probably wouldn't hate a good number of people as much as i do if i never found this place. ^_^
          Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 05-21-2012, 12:31 PM.

          Comment

          • rushyrulz
            Digital Dancing!
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 12985

            #35
            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

            I'd like to say I'd be more social IRL, but that's a damn lie. I probably would have just found another outlet on the internet, prolly MMOs like Puzzle Pirates and Runescape (which I sporadically revisit every once and a while, sometimes for more than just a little bit)

            Probably wouldn't have come out of the closet, since this community is really the only one I feel comfortable enough with to do so.

            Wouldn't have been exposed to japanese culture and electronic instrumental type music as much as I am now.

            TBH probably wouldn't have the sense of rhythm I have now, and I don't know how I'd live with myself without it.


            Comment

            • Coolboyrulez0
              VICES
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2006
              • 10042

              #36
              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

              I'd be a better person.
              https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
              https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

              Comment

              • Gundam-Dude
                `~`
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2005
                • 7327

                #37
                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                ☆ I wouldn't know a lot of cool peeps to socialize with.
                ☆ I wouldn't have any sort of appreciation towards music—I had no interest in music before rhythm gaming. I wouldn't be able to grasp the concept of buying music as it would sound absolutely ridiculous and silly.
                ☆ I would be wasting my time on other forums. FFR's downtime proved this theory.
                ☆ I would be more productive with my time doing other shit.
                ☆ I would be less creative—talking to all these artists in the community and seeing their work really inspires me and throws ideas into my head.
                ☆ I would not be majoring in graphic design and would probably be doing something that I'd hate and be miserable in. As silly as it sounds, StepMania did influence my decision in a way.
                ☆ I would play more games—I'm not much of a gamer in the first place. Likewise, I would never step foot into an arcade because of ITG and Technika.
                ☆ I would have watched twice as much anime as I have now.
                ☆ I would probably be less sociable and more awkward to talk to. This is a depressing thought.
                Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM.


                (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

                My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

                Comment

                • Riotpolice
                  "Reach For The Stars"
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 1921

                  #38
                  Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                  Dang, if it wasn't for FFR, I wouldn't have:
                  --known how a forum worked.
                  --Been exposed to a music variety as wide as ours
                  --Probably raged more on COD because I liked their series, but not the multiplayer (always dying)
                  --Never would have known I could be one of those top tier players here
                  --Much of a social life. Most of my social life occurs here on FFR, I don't really get into in depth talks at school and outside of school. My counselor at school doesn't count: All they do is try to get you to go to college.
                  Thats about it on my end. Thank goodness for FFR...
                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                  Originally posted by m0de
                  im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                  Comment

                  • igotrhythm
                    Fractals!
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 6535

                    #39
                    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                    Presumably, I would have stuck with my college career and gotten my degree by now. That, or have been a huge RPG junkie. I guess I'll never know.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                    Comment

                    • supermousie
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 1074

                      #40
                      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                      -I wouldn't normally join a dating site, but hey, this one comes with a rhythm game on the side.
                      -I now always have a tab open to the forums or my profile or whatever.
                      -Would not have met some incredible people that I can no longer live without 8)
                      -I'd barely use Skype if it weren't for a couple of you guys.
                      -My taste in music has diversified a lot from just classic rock and whatnot.
                      -I wouldn't have developed an annoying habit of drumming my FFR fingers absent-mindedly.
                      -I've improved my skills at Photoshop by lurking 32-bit RGB and by making profiles from time to time.
                      -Bought a laptop with an anti-ghosting keyboard built in to accommodate my setup. Yes, I'm that fuccen stubborn with my setup, and I don't like USB keyboards. I'd probably stick with my old HP if this place never existed.
                      -Reaction time.
                      -Finger speed and dexterity (somehow, lmao)
                      -I probably wouldn't be single.
                      -I would have no clue on how a forum works.
                      -I wouldn't have a clue of what stepmans is.
                      -dong xi

                      edit: o 888th post so lucky number, asian year of the dragon wilson's wonton soup.
                      Last edited by supermousie; 05-21-2012, 01:01 PM. Reason: CONFUCIUS SAY U LUCKY BOY TODAY.
                      Originally posted by aperson
                      yolo

                      Comment

                      • DragonIIDX
                        Not dragon, but dinosaur
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 916

                        #41
                        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                        - I probably wouldn't have gotten into rhythm games and found some of the best music I have ever heard.
                        - I would be sitting and playing Bejeweled Blitz nonstop.
                        - Wouldn't have met great people on this site.
                        - Would also play video games nonstop.
                        - Less social.
                        - I wouldn't have a getaway from high school.
                        - Stepmania

                        I could be a different person if it wasn't for FFR... I've been playing for 5 years and had this account for almost 4 years, it's a part of my life.


                        Originally posted by clasko1000
                        banned for having an affair with peach
                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
                        Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

                        Comment

                        • CammyGoesRawr
                          nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 2477

                          #42
                          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                          I would be soooooo different~. Just to name some things:

                          -I wouldn't have gotten back into playing the piano.
                          -I would still have a large trust issue and have a hard time talking to people about what's on my mind
                          -I would likely not be alive.
                          -I might have had a social life outside of my house; more so the four walls in my room
                          -I never would have discovered all the artists that influence me as a musical artist.

                          Comment

                          • samurai7694
                            바보
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 4640

                            #43
                            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                            yea my taste in music would have just been stuck with rock and metal, which I still listen to, but now I like a ton of other genres as well

                            honestly idk what else could have happened.....FFR sort of boosted my self esteem, knowing I could be good at something, at least. However, there's a list of people and things that happened that makes me wish I never went on this site >.>

                            Comment

                            • justin_ator
                              🥓<strong><span style="col
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 7648

                              #44
                              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                              Originally posted by CammyGoesRawr
                              -I would likely not be alive.
                              I can about say the same; while FFR wasn't the main reason I didn't, it was still a major influence having people around that cared.

                              Other stuff basically what people have already said, I'd be more productive, know a lot less to do with computers/the internet, not know a lot of the music I listen to, etc.

                              Comment

                              • Frank Munoz
                                Muein
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 2048

                                #45
                                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                                FFR is absolutely one of the best things that have happened to me. I still have to thank the guy that showed me it.

                                I realized that:
                                -practice really helps you to achieve anything you want(Doss' tourneys)
                                -Mahjong is sex
                                -Hakulyte is sex
                                -sex
                                -people are better than me and it's ok. I used to freak out if I versed someone better than me and I would just be jealous of them.
                                -also, some godamn social skills, kinda. Sometimes, I might talk like an idiot but my god.. my first forum post was just ridiculous. I'm glad I got that out of the way and was able to learn from it early.
                                -I was kinda already good with rhythms, but this just sent me over the top and allowed me to excel at anything musical at school.

                                This game; this site changed my life, and I would totally type about all the things that changed, but everything was effected.
                                Because of arrows. Because of people. Because of Music.
                                Unknown and Unofficial
                                may the good arrow guide you

                                Comment

                                Working...