What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • I like it
    Housekeeper
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 2123

    #46
    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

    the music i listen to is probably the only thing that would be different, so glad i found ffr tho

    Comment

    • kommisar
      Dark Chancellor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Jun 2005
      • 7328

      #47
      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

      biggest thing about finding ffr is meeting people


      not just meeting people online, but I've met a great deal of people irl with whom I've become great friends. I mean heck I go to visit them in Toronto every year now, going on my 3rd year. Even had some people come visit me here in Moncton, met some people in neighboring cities in the province, and then some. It doesn't matter where I go it seems there's always someone in the rhythm gaming community I know that I can meet. Even in Orlando I got to meet a bunch of chill dudes.


      Thanks to bluexoon/#kbo our group there has gotten pretty tight-knit and it's become a home to us. MAHJONG RULZ

      Comment

      • RagedBerserker
        Hello Kitty
        • Sep 2004
        • 1296

        #48
        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

        I would... not know as much about simple computer or forum software. Imaging, downloading different things to help boost performance, coding, all simple, but things I never really knew. Honestly, FFR has just been a solid place to go when I'm bored, and seeing what other people have to say has been nice and actually somewhat informing of things I usually don't really care about.

        Also I've made a couple friends but eh, maybe someday I'll go to one of these meet-ups and get to know other people on the site a little more. But, that's if I feel like driving to NJ or some shite.

        FFR has just been nice overall ever since first starting to play summer of '04. But honestly, I would be doing mostly everything the same as I am now, just a little less knowledgeable on certain things.

        Also never have posted much but oh well... I'd say 25% of you have heard of me. Maybe..

        I'm just an old boy now

        Comment

        • PlayTrumpet
          Lamingtons.
          • May 2007
          • 590

          #49
          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

          I probably wouldn't be as much of a hipster. And my current laptop keyboard wouldn't be worn out.
          HIGH-FIVING A MILLION ANGELS!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • Hateandhatred
            "The Quebec Steparatist."
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2011
            • 1974

            #50
            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

            Well... I don't have a clue. Probably doing nothing at all... Like sitting on a chair and looking at the roof when Im not at school. At least that's what I was doing most of the time before FFR.
            Forgot where I put my old sig lol

            Comment

            • musical_vampire
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2008
              • 155

              #51
              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

              If it weren't for FFR, I wouldn't have met my husband~

              I wouldn't have great social skills (as I talk lots in prochat and make friends on here)
              I would be so bored, going through the internet to try to find an interesting, on-going game.
              I wouldn't have expanded my musical interests.
              I wouldn't have actually known as much anime if it weren't for FFR prochat. ^^;
              I certainly wouldn't be going on Skype so often, considering that there's more people from FFR on my skype than I have people I know irl.
              And I wouldn't have been really knowledgeable in video games as I do now.


              Comment

              • who_cares973
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2006
                • 15407

                #52
                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                i started playing ffr after i graduated high school so it never affected my school work. some things that woud be different though for sure are: i wouldnt have some of the irl friends that i have now(which are awesome), i wouldnt have such an open mind when it came to music, i wouldnt appreciate music the same way that i do now, i wouldve probably invested all my stepping time into something a shit load more productive, and wouldnt have as much internet cred as i do now

                Comment

                • ilikexd
                  ​
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3209

                  #53
                  Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                  It hasn't really changed my life much. I just played it from time to time as a kid, and it was never anything serious. Now it's just the current outlet for me to spend my free time. One thing it has done is introduce me to different music genres: Chiptune, Breakcore, etc. that are actually kind of cool when you get used to them.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy
                    Snek
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 9195

                    #54
                    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                    I might be... more successful?

                    Comment

                    • U.N. Owen
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 640

                      #55
                      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                      Different taste in music.
                      Keyboard wouldn't be worn out.
                      Probably wouldn't have as good of friendship with ghost- and Levyc as I do. ghost- and I really learned a lot about each other as a result of spending so much time playing SM together. Levy and I became friends through ghost-. Though TGB probably wishes that I didn't find out about FFR for this very reason (since I introduced ghost- to FFR).

                      Sig courtesy of kjwkjw

                      "If I was any more crack, I'd be cocaine." - PriestREA

                      Comment

                      • SKG_Scintill
                        Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 3877

                        #56
                        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                        Improbable situation, even if I hadn't known about FFR, I would've still figured out its existence at one point.





                        Originally posted by bluguerilla
                        So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                        ___
                        . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                        . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                        .

                        Comment

                        • Phynx
                          I'm Forever
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 3005

                          #57
                          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                          FFR, while not being a HUGE turning point in my life, did provide me a lot of insight in myself and showed me a lot of things I didn't know I enjoyed. The interactions and friendships I've made/had here did alter how I thought and functioned back in the day when I was a solid frequenter and devoted member of the community. Even now I still find myself coming back here now and then just to see that everyone is still here. Even though most of our generation doesn't play as much and as hardcore as we seem to have back in the day, it's nice to be able to come here and say hi and the like every once in a while because FFR will seemingly be the one thing that will forever connect us.

                          If I had never found FFR or heard of it... I would've never met Payden(albeit her and I found a really bad ending afterall) but being with her really taught me 80% of what I know about relationships and what I want in life. If I was never here, I would've probably been less inclined in my competitive gaming as I am with my xbox. As well, I definitely wouldn't be able to handle a woman's needs as expertly as I do(if you know what I mean hahaha)

                          Gotta thank FFR. Even though I've had huge rough patches with people here, y'all have made differences in my life so I'm glad I've been here for the 5+ years that I have. It's been great and I'll still be around
                          Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

                          Comment

                          • danny53x
                            AKA Yotipo
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 1008

                            #58
                            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                            I feel alien from FFR. I used to feel at home, but I always feel like I'm visiting now.

                            But as I visit, I realize I would be a very different person. If not for FFR, I'd have probably been addicted to something less meaningful to me. I'm really glad this site exists, otherwise I wouldn't have found a passion for rhythm games. I wouldn't have gotten good at DDR, and I just find that I'd be less of a universal person.

                            Yes, I believe FFR's made me more universal. There's so many... odd people on this site. People that were so different than the people I knew in real life-- people I'm glad I encountered, whether I interacted with them or not.

                            ODI too, jesus. That sure changed me. Just the environment of a forum community.. FFR would be THE most impactful forum to me of everywhere I've been on the internet.

                            Based of a flash game, but such a diverse group of individuals worldwide. Whether or not I'd have been more "successful" is something I can't conceive. Just my exposure to these people has been an awesome ride. Most people probably don't know me, but what little I know of the lot of you has really opened my eyes. It made everyone I knew in school seem so bland and boring.

                            So yeah, overall positive experience, 5 stars would recommend to a friend

                            Comment

                            • Cavernio
                              sunshine and rainbows
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 1987

                              #59
                              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                              I'd have found other place(s) to express ideas which would probably be infinitely more suited than FFR's CT. And I'd have just filled the play time with other games. My musical taste hasn't changed at all, albeit I'd likely not have found the artists or songs.

                              I'd be the same.

                              Comment

                              • kommisar
                                Dark Chancellor
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 7328

                                #60
                                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                                Originally posted by danny53x
                                I feel alien from FFR. I used to feel at home, but I always feel like I'm visiting now.

                                But as I visit, I realize I would be a very different person. If not for FFR, I'd have probably been addicted to something less meaningful to me. I'm really glad this site exists, otherwise I wouldn't have found a passion for rhythm games. I wouldn't have gotten good at DDR, and I just find that I'd be less of a universal person.

                                Yes, I believe FFR's made me more universal. There's so many... odd people on this site. People that were so different than the people I knew in real life-- people I'm glad I encountered, whether I interacted with them or not.

                                ODI too, jesus. That sure changed me. Just the environment of a forum community.. FFR would be THE most impactful forum to me of everywhere I've been on the internet.

                                Based of a flash game, but such a diverse group of individuals worldwide. Whether or not I'd have been more "successful" is something I can't conceive. Just my exposure to these people has been an awesome ride. Most people probably don't know me, but what little I know of the lot of you has really opened my eyes. It made everyone I knew in school seem so bland and boring.

                                So yeah, overall positive experience, 5 stars would recommend to a friend
                                no, bluexoon was the most impactful forum

                                Comment

                                Working...