What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • demonllama6124
    im your grandpa!!!
    • Mar 2004
    • 1440

    #16
    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

    Wouldn't have changed a bit. But if I wouldnt have started playing ddr, I would be a fatass right now.
    Originally posted by nestlekwik
    Blue is my favorite color. Thus, anyone in the chat with a blue name is super awesome and deserves to have Chinese food.
    Originally posted by welsh_girl
    OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

    Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
    Originally posted by Velocity
    leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
    Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
    http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

    Comment

    • DossarLX ODI
      Batch Manager
      Game Manager
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2008
      • 15013

      #17
      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

      Originally posted by xVaLoRx
      i would have a whole different view on music than i do now
      This

      I also used to do MMORPGs and I honestly was pretty fucked up back in middle school (not going to get into details here). I was depressed and every time something didn't go my way I would cry like a goddamn baby (this happened until sophomore year of high school).

      Back in March 2008 was when I made this account to escape all the BS calls I had on previous accounts, and I found that I had the natural physical skills to play vibrating files. I really put a big focus on vibrating files in 2008 (eventually pulling off/lucking an AAA on Jackhammer Madness with the rosewill keyboard I found in a trash bin at a high school football game, keyboard is nowhere to be found now). As much as I really didn't have many friends, that JHM AAA was a tremendous personal accomplishment that I actually valued, even though with full honesty I can say it also required an enormous amount of luck lmfao. This game was really something that I could actually enjoy playing and improve at. Also keep in mind this was back in the vibrating age... I always had the view that rhythm games were about hitting awkward as shit patterns all the time, but then I saw people like Isaac doing fast vibrating files and dump files started to make an appearance. This is part of the reason why I don't really like AAAing files as much as doing rates and speed files that aren't meant to be AAAd.

      There are a lot of details I can go into, but I would be a psychological mess if it had not been for continuing on with Stepmania/FFR -- I can say this with absolute certainty. I had nobody to talk to. Anyone who's seen my old accounts knows that I have ffdfadsdasd and ffdfadsdasd2 etc. I made several accounts to "defend" myself if I was ever losing in an argument. I had anger management issues, it felt like basically everyone was against me and I wasn't a logical person; I also had violent thoughts about killing others. As much as there are still a lot of people that dislike me, well, I'm a lot more logical now and I can handle it/get over it.
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

      Comment

      • Jerry DB
        FFR, lift, repeat
        • Jan 2008
        • 2071

        #18
        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

        damn getting to know the background of Dossar, pretty hawt as well
        sigpic

        Comment

        • nois-or-e
          SponCon Aficionado
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 3250

          #19
          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

          I wouldn't have met my wife~

          Comment

          • iironiic
            D6 FFR Legacy Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2009
            • 4342

            #20
            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

            Originally posted by xVaLoRx
            i would have a whole different view on music than i do now
            This. Also, I would still be Mr. Nice Guy if I haven't heard of FFR and I wouldn't have met many people ranging from people really different than me to people really similar to me. My family wouldn't have been so disappointed of me as well if I never heard of FFR.

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #21
              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

              +50 pounds (most of it being loss on keyboard and not even on pad rofl..)
              +Fail English @ College (lol lurking Critical Thinking being actually useful in real life)
              +Worse social skills (I don't mean the way to talk, I mean how intelligent is what you say)
              +Bad life stability (FFR/Stepmania can be easily quit with no penalty outside of needing to play for a few hours to get back to where you were. MMORPG/RPGs/etc. are huge time wasters that needs constant attention and can eventually hurt on time management if you have a guild/clan or simply tendency to overplay games)
              +Worse reflexes. (No, I'm not a super ninja now that never do any mistakes, but I'm a lot more aware of my limitations.)
              etc.

              FFR made me listen to a lot of different music, but I surprisingly don't feel like I acquired a real "feel" to what is music. If I didn't play FFR, I would have played other video games that would probably made my life worse due to how I managed my play time back in the day up to now.

              Comment

              • alloyus
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2006
                • 3269

                #22
                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                Aww jackbuddy you are a nice guy <3

                ^FFP_D0pey btw

                Comment

                • flipsta_lombax
                  Lombax Connoisseur
                  • May 2006
                  • 2556

                  #23
                  Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                  Wow, I wouldn't have the relationships and friends I had and still have if it wasn't for FFR. I would have been single since middle school, unless I became more of a socialite.

                  I'd probably have been fit playing DDR more and getting better at it, and would have raped Stepmania.

                  I discovered the furry fandom a couple of months after I discovered FFR, so I may have gotten a fursuit and got more involved with the fandom more.

                  FFR was too big of a life influence for me, I can't even think how much of a different person I'd be.
                  Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                  Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                  Comment

                  • Choofers
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 6205

                    #24
                    Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                    Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                    t-rogdor is viewing this thread
                    * Rog (cgiirc@62CEC305.CAD17EE2.2CF3BD0E.IP) has joined #kbo
                    * TheKey sets mode: +o Rog
                    <%darkflow> jero rog
                    <%darkflow> http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...1&postcount=17

                    Comment

                    • t-rogdor
                      tane orb
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 2685

                      #25
                      Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                      100% honest I wouldn't listen to half of the music I do now lmao

                      ps dossar chill dude
                      Originally posted by cetaka
                      I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                      Comment

                      • gabrieljd
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 259

                        #26
                        Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                        Nothing would change at all, I'd probably spend more time on Youtube instead.

                        Comment

                        • Spenner
                          Forum User
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 2403

                          #27
                          Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                          I'd know a lot less awesome people who are fun to talk to/see their output, whether that be scores or artwork or music production.

                          I'd probably be frequenting another board more often if it weren't for FFR though; I have a bunch of message boards I go on, but this one is one of my most frequent ones. Taking FFR out of the list would bump up the next forum. When FFR was down for a year I definitely realized that.

                          Plus instead of going "ah, I'm bored. Let's see what's on FFR or who's on prochat" i was forced to be productive :3 but no worries. Now that it's back, it's a moment to teach myself control ~_~

                          Comment

                          • woker-X
                            .... :.. .:. ::
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 1040

                            #28
                            Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                            I'd be an astronaut

                            jk, for real:

                            I wouldn't know a lot of cool music.
                            My english would pretty bad (I learned most of my english here lol).

                            Comment

                            • 8 Hour Whore
                              ←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 2324

                              #29
                              Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                              If I had not gotten into FFR:
                              1. No reaction time
                              2. No Social Skills
                              3. I wouldn't be funny
                              4. I wouldn't have become a Whore
                              5. I would never have been as successful in life as I am now
                              6. My fighting technique would be horrible (Due to reaction time/how fast I can think)
                              7. FFR made me learn how to multitask like a pro.
                              8. I would not have found majority of the music I know now
                              9. I wouldn't have met some of the most awesome people I know.
                              10. My free time would have probably left me to becoming super buff and super aggressive.
                              R.I.P JellyGod <333

                              Best AAA: Banned Forever
                              BlackFlags: 49

                              Comment

                              • Arntonach
                                Owlbears Rock!
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 2494

                                #30
                                Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

                                Barely, but I can't really say for now since I'm somewhat new.
                                pack of hard stuffs

                                pack of my stuffs

                                Comment

                                Working...