TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • devonin
    Very Grave Indeed
    Community Manager
    Event Staff
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Apr 2004
    • 10120

    #196
    Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

    ITT hilarious irony that won't become properly appreciated until the game is over.

    Comment

    • thunderstrike687
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2003
      • 785

      #197
      Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

      lol i cant caps evade anymore


      Originally posted by Adamaja456
      yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
      Originally posted by twiggy_2004
      i love a food

      Comment

      • thunderstrike687
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2003
        • 785

        #198
        Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

        PS BDN was probably a wolf and that has nothing to do with devonins post for reals


        Originally posted by Adamaja456
        yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
        Originally posted by twiggy_2004
        i love a food

        Comment

        • x3Mamimi
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2006
          • 513

          #199
          Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

          I... gave up.
          jwcgator: mah mee mee
          merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

          Comment

          • devonin
            Very Grave Indeed
            Community Manager
            Event Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2004
            • 10120

            #200
            Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

            I guess we'll let random.org pick a wolfing, and fail to have a seering or guarding when nobody sends in any PMs at all, and then end the game.

            Or something.

            Comment

            • flawofhumanity
              MMM WATCHA SAY
              • Apr 2004
              • 628

              #201
              Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

              i love the activity in this thread
              Originally posted by pntballa18
              flaw cause he's well hung


              Comment

              • GamerShadow
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2005
                • 2534

                #202
                Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                Alright, time to turn this game up a notch. It may be nighttime, but I am going to throw down who I think is a wolf and why. If I get wolfed, the info I had is right here in the thread for you guys to use, and if I don't get wolfed, then

                EnR, dooey, Manti (who was wolved so that isn't right), and pnt (lynched.)

                I'll start with dooey, who has been acting rather suspicious this game. He decides to claim seer night 1. Now, if he truly were the seer, he would not come out at night, whether or not there are counterclaims. He'd get wolfed if there were no other claims, and he'd get lynched if there were, due to the fact that anybody that counterclaims dies along with the original claimer. And if he's a wolf, the real seer will do what he does best and seer him to be a wolf. (If he's MW he'll be seered green which contradicts his seer claim.)

                That last paragraph means that dooey would not claim if he really were the seer, and that he is a wolf, who is getting any needed support from his fellow wolves (which is none because nobody has seriously accused him of anything with proof.)

                Also, dooey's decision to seer Hoochan, who has not been active at all this game, (he posted saying he would be very busy for some time to come.) is highly suspicious. Why would you waste a seering on somebody who is simply going to be phantoming anyway? If he comes back when we have killed a few wolves, then just lynch him. He'll have nothing to hide behind.

                Next is EnR. I had an AIM convo with him night 1. Two things of note here:

                TwilightxShade (3:24:48 PM): Hey
                RyanFFR (3:25:16 PM): yoo
                TwilightxShade (3:25:22 PM): You're in the TWG, right?
                TwilightxShade (3:25:26 PM): The one that is going on now
                RyanFFR (3:25:40 PM): no
                TwilightxShade (3:25:56 PM): Yeah you are...
                RyanFFR (3:25:59 PM): rofl
                TwilightxShade (3:26:00 PM): 16. EnR (RyanFFR)
                RyanFFR (3:26:02 PM): damn it
                RyanFFR (3:26:07 PM): I was gunna ask you your role

                He tries to trick me into thinking that he is not in the current TWG so he can ask my role. Why? He never claimed human at the start of the game, but I did. So he obviously wants to see if the claim was true. He wouldn't need to know if I was red because all wolves know who the other wolves are from the start of the game. So he wanted to know if I was blue or green. Either way, he knows that he can use me when the wolves have nobody good to kill.

                The second point is halfway through the rather short conversation to the end:

                TwilightxShade (5:32:20 PM): You know what I just realized
                RyanFFR (5:32:25 PM): wut
                TwilightxShade (5:32:27 PM): Anybody who is mentioned during an attack
                TwilightxShade (5:32:30 PM): can't be a wolf
                TwilightxShade (5:32:35 PM): Think about it
                TwilightxShade (5:32:40 PM): the wolves are the cloaked figures
                TwilightxShade (5:32:41 PM): right?
                RyanFFR (5:32:44 PM): yea
                RyanFFR (5:32:49 PM): yea but think
                TwilightxShade (5:32:53 PM): Anybody who is there isn't a cloaked figure
                RyanFFR (5:33:03 PM): the cloaked figures are normal dressed at the time
                TwilightxShade (5:33:09 PM): not at night
                TwilightxShade (5:33:24 PM): At night, they are cloaked figures
                RyanFFR (5:33:26 PM): they got to the kill scene 3 hours after
                RyanFFR (5:33:31 PM): in the morning
                RyanFFR (5:33:47 PM): they were normal people by then
                TwilightxShade (5:33:47 PM): they did? What about the first post?
                TwilightxShade (5:33:58 PM): The cloaked figures were in the first post
                TwilightxShade (5:34:04 PM): as cloaked figures
                TwilightxShade (5:34:46 PM): See?
                TwilightxShade (5:34:47 PM): Just as Makilaz finished this ominous pronouncement, the lights in the chapel suddenly cut out. Amidst the shocked screams and cries, four voices intoned loudly

                Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

                The doors of the chapel burst open and everyone fled for their lives, rushing to their homes to lock their doors, and bar their windows. Everyone that is, except for four, dark figures with a dark purpose, and one. Panicked, near to fainting, their first victim, taken just after sunset right out from under the watchful eyes of Man and God.
                TwilightxShade (5:35:09 PM): So anybody mentioned in the first post cannot be a wolf
                RyanFFR (5:35:36 PM): he picks randomly
                RyanFFR (5:35:44 PM): and the roles in the story randomly
                TwilightxShade (5:35:58 PM): But how can a person who was clearly mentioned as something in post 1
                TwilightxShade (5:36:03 PM): be a cloaked figure in the same post
                RyanFFR (5:36:31 PM): k so you're saying mak isn't wolf
                TwilightxShade (5:36:55 PM): I believe lito was mentioned in post 1
                TwilightxShade (5:36:56 PM): as a doctor
                TwilightxShade (5:37:29 PM): pnt is a detective

                In the first post of this thread, I missed the part where Devonin says that the roles in the story do not correlate to the roles in the game in anyway. So EnR doesn't say anything about my misperception of the story after I am done asserting my point, and decides to let me think this way to make the false claim and make a complete fool out of myself.
                Note to self Finish.

                Comment

                • dooey100
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 370

                  #203
                  Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                  Originally posted by GamerShadow
                  Alright, time to turn this game up a notch. It may be nighttime, but I am going to throw down who I think is a wolf and why. If I get wolfed, the info I had is right here in the thread for you guys to use, and if I don't get wolfed, then

                  EnR, dooey, Manti (who was wolved so that isn't right), and pnt (lynched.)
                  So both the seer claims and someone who was wolfed are wolves?

                  Originally posted by GamerShadow
                  I'll start with dooey, who has been acting rather suspicious this game. He decides to claim seer night 1. Now, if he truly were the seer, he would not come out at night, whether or not there are counterclaims. He'd get wolfed if there were no other claims, and he'd get lynched if there were, due to the fact that anybody that counterclaims dies along with the original claimer. And if he's a wolf, the real seer will do what he does best and seer him to be a wolf. (If he's MW he'll be seered green which contradicts his seer claim.)
                  This is hard to follow but I think what you are trying to say is that I shouldn't come out night 1 because I'll get wolved. What about the guard. There is one on this game ya know.

                  And if you are the seer and someone else claims seer there is no point in seering them, you already know they are a wolf.

                  Originally posted by GamerShadow
                  (which is none because nobody has seriously accused him of anything with proof.)
                  They still haven't.

                  Originally posted by GamerShadow
                  Also, dooey's decision to seer Hoochan, who has not been active at all this game, (he posted saying he would be very busy for some time to come.) is highly suspicious. Why would you waste a seering on somebody who is simply going to be phantoming anyway? If he comes back when we have killed a few wolves, then just lynch him. He'll have nothing to hide behind.
                  I seered Hooch on a recomendation

                  Originally posted by GamerShadow

                  Next is EnR. I had an AIM convo with him night 1. Two things of note here:

                  TwilightxShade (3:24:48 PM): Hey
                  RyanFFR (3:25:16 PM): yoo
                  TwilightxShade (3:25:22 PM): You're in the TWG, right?
                  TwilightxShade (3:25:26 PM): The one that is going on now
                  RyanFFR (3:25:40 PM): no
                  TwilightxShade (3:25:56 PM): Yeah you are...
                  RyanFFR (3:25:59 PM): rofl
                  TwilightxShade (3:26:00 PM): 16. EnR (RyanFFR)
                  RyanFFR (3:26:02 PM): damn it
                  RyanFFR (3:26:07 PM): I was gunna ask you your role

                  He tries to trick me into thinking that he is not in the current TWG so he can ask my role. Why? He never claimed human at the start of the game, but I did. So he obviously wants to see if the claim was true. He wouldn't need to know if I was red because all wolves know who the other wolves are from the start of the game. So he wanted to know if I was blue or green. Either way, he knows that he can use me when the wolves have nobody good to kill.

                  The second point is halfway through the rather short conversation to the end:

                  TwilightxShade (5:32:20 PM): You know what I just realized
                  RyanFFR (5:32:25 PM): wut
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:27 PM): Anybody who is mentioned during an attack
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:30 PM): can't be a wolf
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:35 PM): Think about it
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:40 PM): the wolves are the cloaked figures
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:41 PM): right?
                  RyanFFR (5:32:44 PM): yea
                  RyanFFR (5:32:49 PM): yea but think
                  TwilightxShade (5:32:53 PM): Anybody who is there isn't a cloaked figure
                  RyanFFR (5:33:03 PM): the cloaked figures are normal dressed at the time
                  TwilightxShade (5:33:09 PM): not at night
                  TwilightxShade (5:33:24 PM): At night, they are cloaked figures
                  RyanFFR (5:33:26 PM): they got to the kill scene 3 hours after
                  RyanFFR (5:33:31 PM): in the morning
                  RyanFFR (5:33:47 PM): they were normal people by then
                  TwilightxShade (5:33:47 PM): they did? What about the first post?
                  TwilightxShade (5:33:58 PM): The cloaked figures were in the first post
                  TwilightxShade (5:34:04 PM): as cloaked figures
                  TwilightxShade (5:34:46 PM): See?
                  TwilightxShade (5:34:47 PM): Just as Makilaz finished this ominous pronouncement, the lights in the chapel suddenly cut out. Amidst the shocked screams and cries, four voices intoned loudly

                  Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

                  The doors of the chapel burst open and everyone fled for their lives, rushing to their homes to lock their doors, and bar their windows. Everyone that is, except for four, dark figures with a dark purpose, and one. Panicked, near to fainting, their first victim, taken just after sunset right out from under the watchful eyes of Man and God.
                  TwilightxShade (5:35:09 PM): So anybody mentioned in the first post cannot be a wolf
                  RyanFFR (5:35:36 PM): he picks randomly
                  RyanFFR (5:35:44 PM): and the roles in the story randomly

                  TwilightxShade (5:35:58 PM): But how can a person who was clearly mentioned as something in post 1
                  TwilightxShade (5:36:03 PM): be a cloaked figure in the same post
                  RyanFFR (5:36:31 PM): k so you're saying mak isn't wolf
                  TwilightxShade (5:36:55 PM): I believe lito was mentioned in post 1
                  TwilightxShade (5:36:56 PM): as a doctor
                  TwilightxShade (5:37:29 PM): pnt is a detective

                  In the first post of this thread, I missed the part where Devonin says that the roles in the story do not correlate to the roles in the game in anyway. So EnR doesn't say anything about my misperception of the story after I am done asserting my point, and decides to let me think this way to make the false claim and make a complete fool out of myself.
                  He didn't

                  Comment

                  • GamerShadow
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 2534

                    #204
                    Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                    I know Manti is not a wolf, because he was wolfed. I simply included my four suspicions from the start of this game.

                    As for the guard comment, how does the guard know if he should come out to you? If there are no counterclaims, the guardian still has to weigh in the fact that revealing himself to you could get him killed, because you could be a wolf.

                    Also, the guard could be an inactive player. If this is the case, then you have no guardian to hide behind, and you would not reveal yourself so openly if there were no guard to protect you.
                    ---
                    Originally posted by dooey
                    He didn't
                    That only supports my point that EnR is trying to exploit me. (If by "he", you mean EnR. If you meant devonin, read quote below.)

                    Originally posted by devonin, post 1
                    Game Note: The "job" of each person in the stories was assigned randomly, using a seperate random generation from the one generating roles, and has absolutely no bearing on roles whatsoever and no connection to roles either.
                    ---
                    And if you are the seer and someone else claims seer there is no point in seering them, you already know they are a wolf.
                    But how do we know that you are the real seer? The fact that there were no counterclaims makes you even more suspicious.
                    ---
                    Originally posted by dooey
                    I seered Hooch on a recommendation
                    You sure made that sentence vague. Who recommended the seering? Proof of said recommendation? When was this recommendation?
                    Note to self Finish.

                    Comment

                    • dooey100
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 370

                      #205
                      Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                      Originally posted by GamerShadow
                      I know Manti is not a wolf, because he was wolfed. I simply included my four suspicions from the start of this game.

                      As for the guard comment, how does the guard know if he should come out to you? If there are no counterclaims, the guardian still has to weigh in the fact that revealing himself to you could get him killed, because you could be a wolf.

                      Also, the guard could be an inactive player. If this is the case, then you have no guardian to hide behind, and you would not reveal yourself so openly if there were no guard to protect you.
                      ---
                      In general, if there is 1 seer claim on night 1, the guard guards them but doesn't come out to them. (They didn't) Then if no one counter claims, its safe to come out to them. (Pnts counterclaim doesn't count)

                      Originally posted by GamerShadow
                      That only supports my point that EnR is trying to exploit me. (If by "he", you mean EnR. If you meant devonin, read quote below.)


                      ---
                      You said that EnR let you think that the story had something to do with the roles, but this is false, he said they were random.

                      Originally posted by GamerShadow
                      But how do we know that you are the real seer? The fact that there were no counterclaims makes you even more suspicious.
                      ---
                      Whether or not I'm the real seer has nothing to do with it. If someone had claimed seer n1, then I wouldn't seer them because I already knew they were a wolf.

                      Originally posted by GamerShadow
                      You sure made that sentence vague. Who recommended the seering? Proof of said recommendation? When was this recommendation?
                      Manti's recommendation. He also recommended mamimi. I can dig up the convo(s) if you want, but it seems like a waste of time.

                      Comment

                      • meno_rocks123
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 2324

                        #206
                        Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                        since I'm too lazy to find the perfect part of the last three or four posts to quote:
                        someting in the last three or four posts
                        fyi guard should NEVER come out, even to the seer, unless s/he is about to get lynched.
                        brb reading the rest.

                        Comment

                        • meno_rocks123
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 2324

                          #207
                          Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                          ninja'd

                          Comment

                          • GamerShadow
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 2534

                            #208
                            Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                            Originally posted by dooey100
                            In general, if there is 1 seer claim on night 1, the guard guards them but doesn't come out to them. (They didn't) Then if no one counter claims, its safe to come out to them. (Pnts counterclaim doesn't count)
                            Fair enough, but how do we know if the guardian is still alive, or active for that matter? If he hasn't revealed himself to anybody yet, then nobody knows who the guardian is. If you decided to take a random guess and seer him, and he came back blue, then you wouldn't reveal that to the public, because then the guardian would get wolfed.

                            You said that EnR let you think that the story had something to do with the roles, but this is false, he said they were random.
                            Yet he said nothing when I further asserted my point. If he had wanted to correct me, he would have. And no wolf would want to correct an enemy's views if it can help them win the game.

                            Whether or not I'm the real seer has nothing to do with it. If someone had claimed seer n1, then I wouldn't seer them because I already knew they were a wolf.
                            But yet the fact that you might not be the real seer has everything to do with this. It means that you may have claimed seer to be guarded by the guard, as per what you mentioned in your last post, and the seer would then be left in the open.

                            Manti's recommendation. He also recommended mamimi. I can dig up the convo(s) if you want, but it seems like a waste of time.
                            Again, fair enough.
                            Note to self Finish.

                            Comment

                            • flawofhumanity
                              MMM WATCHA SAY
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 628

                              #209
                              Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                              Originally posted by GamerShadow
                              Fair enough, but how do we know if the guardian is still alive, or active for that matter? If he hasn't revealed himself to anybody yet, then nobody knows who the guardian is. If you decided to take a random guess and seer him, and he came back blue, then you wouldn't reveal that to the public, because then the guardian would get wolfed.
                              The beauty of the guardian not being known is exactly what you said. No one knows whether he is alive or not. That includes wolves. When the guardian is long dead, the wolves will still be cautious, and consider him alive.
                              Originally posted by pntballa18
                              flaw cause he's well hung


                              Comment

                              • dooey100
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 370

                                #210
                                Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

                                Originally posted by GamerShadow
                                Fair enough, but how do we know if the guardian is still alive, or active for that matter? If he hasn't revealed himself to anybody yet, then nobody knows who the guardian is. If you decided to take a random guess and seer him, and he came back blue, then you wouldn't reveal that to the public, because then the guardian would get wolfed.
                                Uh, they did reveal themselves to me. I don't see how this makes me a wolf. It might make them an idiot, but it doesn't make me a wolf.

                                Originally posted by GamerShadow
                                Yet he said nothing when I further asserted my point. If he had wanted to correct me, he would have. And no wolf would want to correct an enemy's views if it can help them win the game.
                                Fair enough

                                Originally posted by GamerShadow
                                But yet the fact that you might not be the real seer has everything to do with this. It means that you may have claimed seer to be guarded by the guard, as per what you mentioned in your last post, and the seer would then be left in the open.
                                Then why did no real seer come out? Again, Pnt doesn't count.

                                Comment

                                Working...