TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FishFishRevolution
    GotR Creator
    • Nov 2003
    • 7251

    #46
    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WILL I EVER GET A CHANCE TO PLAY A GAME WITH TALISMAN??????

    ps I'm right there with you blahblah, but I hate voting early. Tass is probably a wolf.

    Comment

    • flypie743
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2004
      • 3210

      #47
      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

      I don't think that just because Tass wasn't killed Night 1 means that he is a wolf. Tass was begging to be guarded and I bet the wolves would rather play it safe and kill a still-important and less likely to be guarded player than risk the chance of killing Tass and him being guarded in the lottery. Of course, there is still a chance that he could be a wolf but I don't think we can determine that just from the Night 1 killing.

      IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

      Comment

      • Shashakiro
        TWO THOUZAND COMBO
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2005
        • 9082

        #48
        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

        I agree with Flypie...would've been way too risky for the wolves to go after Tass, so I don't think that his still being alive necessarily makes him a wolf.

        Thought blah jumped to conclusions there awfully fast...hmm.
        4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

        Originally posted by Boogiebear
        use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

        Comment

        • blahblah18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 1662

          #49
          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

          come on, I know I didn't guard Tass, do you really think he was the #1 choice of guardings? I highly highly doubt it
          but for now... postCount++

          Comment

          • Shashakiro
            TWO THOUZAND COMBO
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2005
            • 9082

            #50
            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

            If he wasn't the #1 choice for guardings, then why does it follow that he would be the #1 choice for wolfing?

            Doesn't make sense.
            4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

            Originally posted by Boogiebear
            use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #51
              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

              Which obviously means I'm not a wolf because I killed Tass night 1 last game, and the wolves would either have to be ballsy or stupid to expect the reverse pyschology of the humans and attempt to kill Tass. I got my eye on you Shash.

              Comment

              • Shashakiro
                TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2005
                • 9082

                #52
                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                ? I was the one who said it makes sense that Tass wasn't killed...
                4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                Originally posted by Boogiebear
                use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                  Exactly.

                  Comment

                  • CypherToorima
                    Boss of all bosses
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 2452

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                    If Tass isn't a wolf, I think the wolves were just playing it safe, because they might have thought he would have the majority of guardian picks.
                    I'm a figantic gaggot

                    Comment

                    • Shashakiro
                      TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 9082

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                      So because I think it's illogical and risky that the wolves would kill Tass, and Tass wasn't killed, that makes me a wolf?

                      That's silly reasoning. Flypie said the same thing anyway, and before I did.
                      4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                      Originally posted by Boogiebear
                      use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                        Originally posted by Shashakiro
                        If he wasn't the #1 choice for guardings, then why does it follow that he would be the #1 choice for wolfing?

                        Doesn't make sense.
                        You obviously don't understand.

                        Tass is not a good guarding choice because he asked to be guarded.

                        He is a good wolf choice because as human, he helps the team greatly, most noteably in games like this where alliances are what wins it.

                        So basically, in a game where the guardings are nearly useless, the wolves should be going after Tass, especially when it's obvious Tass won't be getting too many votes. Tass is hardly ever lynched as a human, but when he's a wolf he's usually pretty obvious. Knowing this, he should have been wolfed.

                        His being alive isn't good enough evidence for me to say he's a wolf though. There is always the chance that the wolves didn't realize how bad the chance of guards are and that Tass probably wouldn't have gotten too many of the guard votes.

                        And one more thing: ap's posts during the night pushing for the vigi to come out in addition to the bane. He seemed to have a good understanding of how bad the odds are for a successful guard. But then he wants us to give up the very little chance of a successful guard for literally nothing? Well, the wolves have something to gain from having the vigi open: they'd have 100% free reign on anyone but the vigi and bain. Like I said though, the humans gain nothing and simply lose their small chance of getting a successful guard. Maybe I misunderstood something, but that's what I got from it.

                        Comment

                        • FishFishRevolution
                          GotR Creator
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 7251

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                          Look at Tass's first post at night, he lays down the law like he's so good at doing when he is trying to help the humans by giving them a plan. The problem with this is, he always does it a certain same way when he's a wolf. Here are some examples.

                          from XXVI
                          from XX
                          some examples on the first page of XXXI

                          Coupled with the fact that Tass has been night 1 kill fro like what, 4 out of the 5 last games, and magically isn't this time when it would've been so low risk, I think it's safe to say we could bag ourselves a wolf day 1.

                          Comment

                          • Shashakiro
                            TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 9082

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            You obviously don't understand.

                            Tass is not a good guarding choice because he asked to be guarded.
                            So basically what you're saying is that everyone will automatically assume that Tass won't be wolfed because the wolves will think he'll be guarded, so they won't guard him. Reverse psychology, no?

                            But I don't think that it's valid to assume that everyone will go with single reverse psychology. Some people might go with no reverse psychology, thinking that since Tass is the strongest player, he'll be most likely to be wolfed, and so it's best to guard him. Or others might go with double reverse psychology, which will also have them voting to guard Tass because they'll have predicted what you just said, they think Tass will be wolfed, and want a successful guard.

                            So I really don't think it's unreasonable for the wolves to have thought it a major risk to have gone after Tass, which is probably why he's still alive--not necessarily because he's a wolf.

                            P.S. I understand just fine, thank you.
                            4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                            Originally posted by Boogiebear
                            use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                              Who of you actually voted to guard Tass? I know I didn't.

                              And honestly, I'd have no problem lynching Tass today. We have two possibilities:

                              #1: He's a wolf. Obviously good because we want to kill all of the wolves by the end of the game.

                              #2: He's human. This is good because we can hold it over Tass's head that he got lynched day 1 as a human. Basically, it would be really funny.

                              and shashakiro: if you understood fully, you would have no problem getting why Tass wouldn't have been voted to be guarded too much.

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

                                I know I voted for Tass. You may not want to admit it, Afro, but his record shows that he's pretty damn useful to the humans. I'm willing to take the random chance that he's a wolf for at least one night in the hope that he can organize things and help us get a victory.

                                Originally posted by Afro
                                #2: He's human. This is good because we can hold it over Tass's head that he got lynched day 1 as a human. Basically, it would be really funny.
                                I'm glad you find hurting our team so humorous.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...