Old 05-2-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18
Default TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

Ok, good luck gentleman, roles are being sent out now, players are listed, I expect a choice of kill from the wolves, a person to frame from the wolves, a person to see from the seer, a person to guard from the guardian. READY SET GO.

tasselfoot
wilkin
fish
minineo
hans
kefit
iggy
nforcer
kilga
afrobean
talisman
guido
ddrdanc3r55
LD
EB
tps

Old 05-2-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
blahblah18
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

SUPER IMPORTANT EDIT SO IT GOES AT THE TOP: ABSOLUTELY NO ANON PM'S WHATSOEVER

ALL RULES CLARIFICATIONS ARE HERE: SO EVERYONE KNOWS, THE GAME STATE IS CHECKED TO SEE IF THE GAME IS OVER BETWEEN THE LYNCH AND NIGHT, RESURECTIONS HAPPENS AS THE FIRST THING IN PHASE NIGHT I'M AWAITING ROLES

ok definition clarities

The vampire starts off as a normal human, and wins if the humans win, however if he is ever killed, he is ressurected and comes back as a Serial Killer. This means he wins if he is the only one left alive at the end, and HAS THE OPTION of killing someone at each night, and there is no guarding from it. The Humans DO NEED TO KILL the SerialKiller to win, as do the WOLVES

judas and saulus have no abilities, they're just told they are judas and saulus

Judas wins if humans win, but if lynched, will be ressurected next day, and if wolfed, will be told tere was a successful guarding... if either of these happens, judas then wins if wolves win

Saulus is identical to judas but opposite... initially wins if wolves win, switches if killed

judas and saulus always come up human in seerings

framing means that at each night the wolves can kill 1 person and frame another... if the framed person is seered, they come up wolf... so it's like mark except wolves choose anew every night

Also, 1 time during the game at night, the guardian may attempt to ressurect someone instead of guarding someone.. HOWEVER, the wolves will be told a ressurection is taking place, and they then choose one of the dead people, if they choose the correct dead person, then the guardian is caught attempt to ressurect and is killed

when judas saulus or the vampire are wolfed at night, the next day it is told there was a successful guarding, and nothing else, except that player will be told he was wolfed and now he has switched.

If judas or saulus or the vampire are ressurected they come back as their final form and one kill kills them

If a ressurected role is lynched, they will be ressurected the next day, so they can not be targeted for wolfing that night

EDIT: ALSO, AS MAKES OBVIOUS SENSE IF THE GUARDIAN SUCCESSFULLY GUARDS SOMEONE, YOU WILL ALL BE TOLD JUST THAT THERE WAS A SUCCESSFUL GUARDING, SAME THING AS IF THERE IS A RESURRECTION

Last edited by blahblah18; 05-2-2006 at 05:44 PM..
Old 05-3-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
blahblah18
FFR Player

The setting: The 11th century Irish countryside, in the sleepy town of Flarev. The town is a small farming community of only 16 families. Being such a small town as it is, the families naturally know each other very well. Long have they worked together to keep the town as prosperous as it has been, and the fall harvest is always most bountiful. Flarev has never been a place of economic interest, nor of trade, nor of any real concern to the outside world. It has heart, and tradition, and hope - and that is what the community thrives on.

It so happened that one day and one night saw the end of the idyllic peace that enraptured Flarev since its inception. The town was enshadowed one night by a lunar eclipse. The moon turned blood-red, and terror ran through the sinews of the town's more feeble-hearted denizens. Eerie, wolflike howls could be heard through the night, and few slept restfully. The next morning, as one of the fair young maidens of the town was drawing water from the town well, she let out a horrendous scream. For it was not water that filled the bucket she drew, but blood.

News of this quickly flooded the town like a trickle of water being poured over a flat dish. It was evident that there was dark magic at work in Flarev, but no one knew where the source was. Some suspected witchcraft, others thought it was the craft of the devil. But the entire town immediately became worried and suspicious. And, needless to say, everyone went to sleep uneasily that night. And still the wolflike howls penetrated the night air.

Regrettably, one family would never wake up from that sleep. For the townspeople awoke to notice that one of the 16 homes had been destroyed - the residence of nForcer and his family. The door, covered in claw marks, had been ripped off its hinge and the sight inside the house was ghastly. Blood was strewn about the floor, and the corpses of nForcer and his family were barely recognizable. Beds were ripped apart, tables were overturned, and the walls of the house looked on the verge of collapse. The only clues the townspeople found were 3 bloody sets of paw prints that led out of the house and then circled repeatedly around the cursed well.

The elder speaks slowly, and carefully. "My friends, something has to be done about this peril we all face. I have heard many legends of the werewolves in times past. Surely these were-wolves, who quite clearly walk amongst us, will continue to tear us limb from limb if we do not do something."

"But how will we be able to determine who the wolves are?" asks Lightdarkness.

"You really can't," says the elder, "unless you were to wait around at night and watch for the wolves. And our homes are spread too far apart to be able to see the others from safety. Besides, you know our supply of candles is limited. Even if we were to find the wolves at night, it's unlikely that we would be able to match them in combat, for they can see in the dark. And could we even recognize our beloved friends in wolfish form?"

"Why are we the only ones assembled?" asks KilgaMayan. "Couldn't the werewolves be our husbands, wives, and children?"

"I know much of werewolf lore," says the elder. "The werewolf curse selectively targets the masters of the family. It is said that the other members of the family cannot detect the duality of their loved one until the end comes."

"The end?" mutters a visibly worried Tasselfoot.

"Yes, the end," says the elder, "when the wolves match the human families in numbers, they kill them all that night without fear of retribution. The curse is then spread to their families, and the werewolf population grows. In order to prevent the wolves from conquering all humanity, they must be stopped here. No one may leave the town until we kill the wolves."

"Then they must be stopped here! Here, and now, we make our stand!" says Kefit. "We stay here, and wait for the sun to set and the true wolves to emerge!"

"We cannot," says the elder. "Wolves can go for days without sleep - having us all assembled in one place simply makes their jobs easier. There's only one solution to do away with the wolves."

"A vote," says FishFishRevolution. "A town-wide decision to decide who lives, and who dies."

"Unfortunately," says the elder. "Hopefully, our community will be able to recover from this. But we must not let paranoia consume us. We only kill one person a day until the murders stop."

The townspeople pause to reflect on the irony of those words.

"What if you're a wolf?" asks TPS of the elder.

"Only grown, athletic, physically fit individuals have the potential of becoming werewolves. An old man like myself could most certainly not be a wolf. As such, I'll stay out of the debates. Besides, it's irrelevant if an old man like me, past my prime and without children, sees the end of my days tonight. If I am to be killed by the wolves, so be it. I shall not involve myself in the proceedings."

"Let your fears be somewhat allayed, friends, for the wolves are not without bane. In wolfish times such as these, two great people are sent to help us. One can look into a person's true heart and find if they are wolfish in nature. The other can extend their holy influence to protect a home from the entry of wolves. May they guide our actions, and may they be safe from the wolves. By sunset we must have a decision on which member of our party must be put to rest, for the sake of us all. O, what dark times are upon us..."

The congregated townspeople begin to talk amongst themselves as to who the wolves may be, and who killed ...

Yes, nForcer is dead

You have about 50 hours for day 1 voting: 4 PM EST on Friday

Last edited by blahblah18; 05-3-2006 at 12:44 PM..
Old 05-3-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Amazingly original story there Blah... how long did it take you to come up with that idea and write it all?
Old 05-3-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

I was talking with iggy last night about human strategies, and we came up with a few good ideas.

First off, I originally had the idea of having the Saulus come out, get lynched day 1, and lead the human alliance, but that allows for too much risk as Judas or Vamp could come out as well. That lead to the idea that we should as a whole, ignore the ressurection roles until we know something's up. If the RR's are smart, they'll know the chances of them staying alive are a lot slimmer than getting killed at some point, and will therefore act as though they are already working for the group they WOULD be working for if they were to be killed.

More to come, gotta go do some yardwork.
Old 05-3-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

ALLIANCE STRATS:

Seer comes out, guardian goes to him. Saulus comes to him is an option if saulus wants to be forgiven (ie killed). Operate under the nigh-impenetrable allaince ideal until it is apparent that someone killed has come back. In the situation that the vamp is killed, the alliance is no longer safe. Anyone seered up to that point could be the vamp, and therefore should not be trusted with information.

Also for the seer: Wolves get two shots per night to guess who you're going to seer; with a kill and a frame. This means you should be wary of who you're choosing to seer. How useful is it to keep lynching marks every day, while every night another human dies?

That's all I got right now.

EDIT: I don't want to triple post.

Worst case scenario for that strategy is if the wolves wolf the vamp, then the seer/alliance frontman is exposed, while the vamp is still unknown. Vamp being lynched isn't nearly that big of a deal, since we would know who he was.

Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 05-3-2006 at 01:21 PM..
Old 05-3-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

My biggest fear is that Saulus will find a way to get in contact with the wolves, and Judas will work to get himself killed. That would make a 5-person wolf team. Biggest fear... worst case scenario.

I'd advise against that strat Fish... because even if it works how you plan it to, you've wasted a lynch on someone you KNOW is not a wolf. We also have to worry about the Vamp working towards getting himself lynched/wolfed day 3/4, which would be his best time to do so (IMO. Later the better). The longer the game goes, the more likely we are to have a 3-team game. Or you have to worry about Judas coming out as Saulus to get himself lynched and then find out the blues, then go and post who they are.

Blah's decision to disallow anon PMs is good. Doesn't allow the ress roles to get in touch with the wolves unless the wolves reveal themselves.
Old 05-3-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Fish... the seer coming out is also a BIG risk. Vamp, when ress'd, doesn't have to worry about the guardian. Then again, he doesn't care who is lynched/wolfed/SK'd at all, so long as it isn't him. Still... the seer would make a good target; anything to disrupt order works in his favor.
Old 05-3-2006, 01:22 PM   #9
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Well after turning this game around in my head and doing a little chatting with iggy (as well), I'm not seeing any clear cut holes or imbalances to take advantage of here. It seems our best bet is, as fish points out, to go with a seer led alliance, but even that could fail should the vamp be killed/resurrected (also as fish pointed out).

Also I don't know how easy it would be to "operate under the nigh-impenetrable allaince ideal until it is apparent that someone killed has come back" since a resurrection following a wolfing appears the same as a guarding, and I wouldn't put it past the wolves in this case to deliberately attack the alliance leader (aka seer) to create that uncertainty.
Old 05-3-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Oh great. It happened again. 2nd time in a row, killed Night 1. Learn your stuff, guardian.

Good luck, guys.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 05-3-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

OK... So Fish and I have been chatting (with minor input from Hans and LD), and this is our joint opinion:

-Seer doesn't come out
-Judas AND Saulus come out

Now, why?

Pros of Judas and Saulus coming out:
-2 less people to worry about being wolves
-Judas COULD act as a conduit to the seer/guardian, although VERY risky in case he is killed.
-Neutralizes much of the confusion. With them out, we KNOW 2/3 of the ress people in case they die. It is much more information for us to know this and not have to bicker about the maybe's.

Cons of them coming out:
-Wolves have 2 less people to factor into their wolfings and framings
-Higher shot of the vamp being wolfed/lynched

Now, those are big cons, I know. But the knowledge of understanding what is going on outweighs those cons, IMO (and Fish's).

Also, we have to consider what Judas/Saulus have to benefit by coming out.

Pros for them to come out for themselves:
-Almost certainly won't be lynched/wolfed. Again, no uncertainty. They know their team and they stick with it.
-Judas COULD start working with the blues
-Saulus COULD start working with the reds
--Both of the above would be risky to the blues/reds, hence the COULD.

The big thing is, there really is no downside for judas/saulus to come out. They lose nothing. Also, should the vamp want to fake judas/saulus, that WOULD hurt whichever one of them is not coming out. If judas is faked, then the humans suffer. If saulus is faked, the wolves suffer. So if the vamp wanted to fake one of the other 2 ress, it wouldn't make logical sense for judas/saulus to allow that to happen.
Old 05-3-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

One other PRO...
-Seer has 2 less people to worry about seering
-Guardian (most likely) has 2 less people to worry about guarding.
Old 05-3-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My name is FishFishRevolution and I approve the above message.
Old 05-3-2006, 02:31 PM   #14
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I'd watch out for the elder. He's a feisty one.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 05-3-2006, 02:49 PM   #15
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Did Tass just suggest that the wolves' ally and potential allies should make it easy for the wolves to contact them and work together?

That's honestly the only thing I can see coming from that plan. I think best plan would be seer come out. Only wild card there is vampire, right? Having a dead seer at endgame is better than having essentially 5 wolves (was that the number given above), at least, that's the way I see it. I really don't see a reason for the ressurrection roles to come out, besides to have us avoid killing them (what about the one that wins if humans win after ressurection? Wouldn't we want him killed once?)
Old 05-3-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

A few sticks in our spokes:

1) A "guarding." We won't know how to read it. Assuming neither Judas nor Saulus comes out, there are four possible causes of a "guarding" (Judas, Saulus, Vamp, actual guarding). There's also a 21% chance that the guardian will guard a RR. Thus, if notice of an "guard" comes the next day, the guardian contacting them about it could be a serious flaw. True, it's not a huge change, but still an large factor in the case that it does happen.

2) Judas's/Saulus' intentions. Even if they do come out, what's stopping the wolves from wolfing Judas to gain another member on their team, and possibly finding out some of the blues along with it? Also, if that were to happen, the case of four possible reasons for a "guard" would come up, providing a difficult decision as to what to do about the RRs. I find that more of a danger by Judas coming out than Saulus, though.

3) The thread itself. Statistically speaking, one out of every two people posting are a special role (assuming nForcer wasn't a blue). The main problem is that we don't know who's working for who. Between team-switching roles and a possible third team, much caution must be taken when having detailed conversations, as 20% of the people you talk to may be able to use it against you later.

4) Lynchings. Another good point about Judas and Saulus coming out is that if one of our lynches is ressurected, then we've effortlessly found the Vamp/SK, and can use a subsequent lynch of them to bring this back to a two-team game. Otherwise, we're stuck on what to do with that role, possibly putting us behind in finding the Vamp.

I also have some ideas on the Vamp, but they won't be relevant until there's a "guarding," and that role comes into full effect.
Old 05-3-2006, 03:12 PM   #17
talisman
Resident Penguin

With respect to wilkin's number 2 and afro's initial question, that's why tass said the blues and reds only "COULD" work with judas or saulus, as when/if they turned things would get ugly for whoever had been working with them.

I like the idea, and hopefully judas and saulus will as well.
Old 05-3-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Exactly what Talisman said... I honestly don't see it being logical for the blues or reds to contact Judas/Saulus, out of fear that they'll get turned.

Also, the wolves wasting a wolfing on Judas doesn't make sense either. It is a waste of a wolfing on an otherwise more appitising target. Because if they do turn Judas, they MAYBE get that extra vote with them... although still probably they don't, likely out of paranoia of them lying and not actually being Judas.

So, as I said above... I see no downside for Judas and Saulus to come out (regardless of what the rest of us think), BUT also I also see it as a possitive for us if they come out. We'd essentially be playing against 12 instead of 14.

Also as I said above that... the seer coming out is a bad idea, because of the Vamp/SK.
Old 05-3-2006, 04:08 PM   #19
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Well, for lack of a better wording, I'm Judas.

The pros outweight the cons in this situation, and if Saulus also comes out, then we'll be sure to get rid of the Vamp/SK swiftly if/when that time comes.
Old 05-3-2006, 04:16 PM   #20
talisman
Resident Penguin

unless they're wolfed, in which case it won't be entirely certain one way or the other.

but this is progress, and progress is good.
Closed Thread