TWG 195 - D6

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xiz
    TWG Chaos
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2012
    • 3399

    #1336
    Re: TWG 195 - D6

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    ok, so, the roleblocker can't repeat the same roleblock in a row, yeah?

    IF a wolf jailor/roleblocker exists, then they were definitely on Xiz last night, right?

    so we kill lewdy today, and xiz blocks someone else, and this time, Xiz can't be blocked

    wolves can no kill as a counter, but it carries risks with it

    I think this works?
    ^ This post is under the assumption that lewdy is a miss.

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'm of the opinion that the doctor should also claim, because it would confirm shadow_god as town. Just, any role should claim here.
    ^ Wrong, you might have just been excited, but you know that play is wrong. If it's a wolf play it's a hail-mary forcing the potential doctor to claim, kill them, then me, then tell town your confirmed until what you assuming will be final 3 between bolth and freezin.

    You also haven't been as mechanically sunfan as I expected you to this game. That's just a side note I've noticed, but it carries like 0.01% weight

    I'm not afraid of you sunfan, but when bolth and I were forcing a thunderdome on ourselves, if you were a wolf, you could have voted nano as a fallback to prove your town later. You couldn't have moved off nanok once bolth and i teamed up, which was something you might have not expected/predicted.

    The biggest take im getting from your wallpost so far in my first read is your funny/raeko read, which im considering. Can anyone else confirm raeko/funny drama history?

    Comment

    • Xiz
      TWG Chaos
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2012
      • 3399

      #1337
      Re: TWG 195 - D6

      This also explains why I am alive sunfan, and you haven't directly given me information about mechanics when you are almost always the person to do so first.

      Comment

      • star-crossed
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2017
        • 476

        #1338
        Re: TWG 195 - D6

        Vote count:

        choof (2) - choof (#1203), Funnygurl555 (#1220)
        Funnygurl555 (1.1) - the sun fan (#1283), Phantom
        Shadow_God_10 (1.1) - Wayward Vagabond (#1176), Phantom
        Wayward Vagabond (1) - fatfuck42

        No vote (5) - Xiz, XelNya, Shadow_God_10 (#1001), FreezinIce (#1011), Bolth mannn (#1213)

        The day will end at 10PM server time on July 22. Please tell me if the count is wrong.
        Last edited by star-crossed; 07-22-2020, 06:16 PM.
        twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #1339
          Re: TWG 195 - D6

          Originally posted by Xiz
          The biggest take im getting from your wallpost so far in my first read is your funny/raeko read, which im considering. Can anyone else confirm raeko/funny drama history?
          fg can, obviously
          I don't know who else can

          I uh... don't think I'd ever be making this up when one of the two players is alive and can contradict me
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Wayward Vagabond
            Confirmed Heartbreaker
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2012
            • 5866

            #1340
            Re: TWG 195 - D6

            Originally posted by choof
            wait did anyone else see that slip or am i dum



            maybe, i'm keeping my vote where it is tho. there is the option to no kill too, which feels like it may be a good option, considering we have ppl who have legitimate reasons to have not been here.

            or we could dump votes on manti since he's nowhere to be found anyway
            Was this the slip you saw choof?

            Comment

            • Wayward Vagabond
              Confirmed Heartbreaker
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2012
              • 5866

              #1341
              Re: TWG 195 - D6

              FG and raeko have drama, yes but I don't like that you used that as a read on Nanook

              Comment

              • Wayward Vagabond
                Confirmed Heartbreaker
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2012
                • 5866

                #1342
                Re: TWG 195 - D6

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                can you remind me which one beyond that?
                It's going to be hard to find it if it's not in the turbo history thread

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #1343
                  Re: TWG 195 - D6

                  lol, obviously my plan is unnecessary if we kill a wolf, it ends the game. I am going to prepare for the worst-case scenario, and if my plan ends up not being necessary, then great. I think you thinking that its me confirming lewdy as town in advance is... probably just bad.

                  The doctor claiming would have confirmed lewdy IN MY MIND AT THE TIME. We now know its not true, but yes, the doctor claiming at the time was the correct play, assuming the doctor isn't lewdy, because it confirms two more people, and sets up your roleblocks in the future phases. It was correct. We have you as town, we have lewdy as town, we have the doctor as town, and we're at even numbers so we can confirm someone else in the following night. That's 1 away from auto. Sounds like a good idea to me.

                  I... very much disagree that I have been less mechanical, but if its 0.01% of the weight, I won't talk about it much. The mechanics stuff has died down because we're dealing with uncertainty here, the wolves may or may not be able to roleblock you. Not much I can do with that.
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • choof
                    Banned
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 8563

                    #1344
                    Re: TWG 195 - D6

                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    Was this the slip you saw choof?
                    235

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #1345
                      Re: TWG 195 - D6

                      Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                      It's going to be hard to find it if it's not in the turbo history thread
                      I don't remember whatever game you're talking about, definitely not if it was a turbo. Probably just not much I can do if its reminding you of that.
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #1346
                        Re: TWG 195 - D6

                        Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                        FG and raeko have drama, yes but I don't like that you used that as a read on Nanook
                        he said he plays wolf depending on his partners
                        this would be a reason for him to potato

                        or do you mean something else?
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • Wayward Vagabond
                          Confirmed Heartbreaker
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 5866

                          #1347
                          Re: TWG 195 - D6

                          Found it

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I often get called a robot; but I look for emotional stuff a lot more than people realize. I was hard defending McDonalds and at the very end Microsoft last game because of their emotion. Emotion is the easiest stuff to read and the hardest stuff to fake in forum. Its the main way I've read games for the majority of my time playing this game, and its because I think I'm good at it. fwiw I am more sure of the read on CK than I am on you, but that should be obvious by now.

                          WV + you is POE. Its not cold kitten, its not me, it /could/ be blind, and I'm hoping to get that resolved.

                          Its more WV + you OR WV + blind.

                          Its kind of funny that you accuse me of being lazy with this game, but I'll talk more about that later, but its the crux of my read on WV right now. He's not really interacted with people (aside from you this phase), and while I do understand that he's not really been around during peak hours, when he has been its not really been trying to solve the game, more stating the conclusions that he's drawn rather than trying to reach conclusions based on interactions from other players.

                          This is how new players wolf most of the time. Its basically what you did when you rolled wolf in the previous turbo, and its because wolves already know everything about the game, so they make pretty solidified reads and have a hard time adjusting from that.

                          You its more POE, and while there was the emotion on d0, it wasn't overwhelming in the way that CK's emotion is. Maybe its an unfair read, and its certainly influenced by several factors of the current moment (all of which are basically POE), but its where I'm at right now. Its why I want to talk to blind for the most part.

                          If you look at my play last game, where I clearly did a lot of fuckin' work in solving the game, there weren't really any moments where I felt like I'd solved the game. Even at the end, I had doubts in my mind. Its exceedingly rare for me to ever feel complacent with a game, just because you're almost never right about everything as a player (which is another reason why I don't really like looking for pairs/relationships, at least not in the early game).

                          What I'm saying is, I rarely should give off that I feel confident in a game, because I rarely do.

                          I often get accused of "being lazy" in games, and it kind of bugs me the same way you saying that lurker is better than me bugs me; because it hurts my pride. I'm pretty goddamn prideful, its especially showcased in lTWG, and pride is really a primary motivator towards me trying to win games.

                          I have the most posts in this game. I think me and CK are the only people to do ISOs. I've probably reread the thread more than anyone else. So I'm pretty annoyed to hear that you, regardless of your alignment, posted that.

                          I'm not sure whatever or wherever you're getting that feeling, assuming it is legitimate, which I have doubts about. I think potentially you've got some wolfy confirmation bias, and it reminds me of after the Secret Hitler game we played when you (incorrectly, as there was no "mechanically correct" shot) said that Felix mechanically should have shot me when he had a gun. That, or you said that I was the best possible shot, idr.

                          This statement feels the same way to me. Whatever unrealistic goals you have set for my play this game, I have not met them, and you think its strange regardless of your alignment. If you're a wolf, you're taking this opportunity to push on me, and that's kind of what it feels like. When people wolf for the first time when I'm town, this is just a common way that I get pushed.

                          But the thing is, while I get pushed often, I don't get mislynched ever. I am town this game, and I am NOT dying here.

                          You have said you expect me to have solved the game, I wanted to lynch neither roundbox nor CK yesterday, I wanted to lynch WV. I have pushed who I think the best lynch is (and I was wrong on d0 on Sanz, obviously), and I think I tried to rally the voters as best I could (tried to get roundbox to move his vote, posted my case again at EOD)

                          This post is getting to be about 5x longer than I expected it to, so I'll wrap it up here.

                          If you're town, I need you to realize that whyever you think I've been lazy is wrong is the tl;dr of this post.

                          Comment

                          • choof
                            Banned
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 8563

                            #1348
                            Re: TWG 195 - D6

                            unvote
                            gotta head back to the office, good chance I'll miss eod
                            genuinely have no idea who to place a vote on rn

                            Comment

                            • Wayward Vagabond
                              Confirmed Heartbreaker
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 5866

                              #1349
                              Re: TWG 195 - D6

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              he said he plays wolf depending on his partners
                              this would be a reason for him to potato

                              or do you mean something else?
                              I'm just not a fan of taking things that happened outside twg into twg solving

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #1350
                                Re: TWG 195 - D6

                                Originally posted by sun fan
                                I was hard defending McDonalds and at the very end Microsoft last game because of their emotion
                                fucking lol

                                Comment

                                Working...