TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #2161
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by YoshL
    Votes from post 5 to post 1208
    It is night

    ---

    Final vote count, if you see anything wrong about this, please tell me privately
    lets just make it easy and actually look at the postcounts

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #2162
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      Just thought I'd point out that Blind isn't town.

      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
      I think a post like this is pretty organic and comes from a good perspective.
      The problem is, his overall performance is far, far from organic. No one seems to have really considered what I said yesterday, so I'll reiterate my case against Blind.

      Yesterday, I made a series of posts when I got back, one of which included a suggestion by me that we didn't know how many wolves there are.

      Originally posted by Precarious
      But then this happens. It's extremely unlikely that anyone could possibly guess everyone from the dataless mess of D1—we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example.
      Emphasis on we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are.

      As several people (DBP at length, Freezin and Sun Fan a bit) alluded to—see #1722—this was incorrect. All T tables include three wolves. My confusion came from the fact the the mafiascum wiki table differed from the official game table. I was reading the former when I made that claim, which led to what DBP characterized as a dumbtell.

      Blind claims that he hadn't read the long discussion about that when he commented on the post. But that's very hard to believe. You see, he reacted with extremely exaggerated concern

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What.
      likely trying to scope out an aggressive position on a topic (that he didn't actually understand) in order to simulate town cred.

      The problem is, he immediately undercut his own reading. Not only did he misunderstand what had actually happened, but his reaction upon being caught showed that the excessive “What” post was fake.

      Note the following:

      My initial response:

      Originally posted by Precarious
      People have already gone over this. I looked at the link in the OP instead of the spoiler again and assumed that the different scum totals would carry over.
      His response to that:

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      This is flimsy at best. Only the top 2 have one less wolf. (6 and 7 T's.) I get the chances, but I highly doubt we rolled that.
      This is hilariously problematic. Blind makes the same mistake I did, obviously reading from the mafiascum tables. This would be funny on its own, calling out someone for a dumbtell, then making the same dumbtell. But it's more than that, because it reveals his reaction to my post was artificially constructed. There's no need to go “What what what...” or indeed to even react at all if this was his actually understanding of the situation. If he believed what he claimed here, then my initial statement (we don't know how many wolves there are) would have been mechanically valid, and there would have been no reason to jump on it because it was correct.

      Instead, by jumping all over it, he commits to the idea that there's something wrong with it. But he very clearly, as demonstrated by the post above, doesn't understand what. Rather, he saw that other people, primarily DBP, had discussed it at length, and saw an opportunity to scope out unclaimed case ground rather than actually making a case. Not only does this speak to a lack of actual scumhunting—looking for a unique position rather than a position supported by evidence—it clashes directly with his claim that he hadn't read further on, and was simply reacting to my post. If that was the case, why the initial overreaction. After all, “I get the chances.”

      This interpretation of Blind is borne out by his later responses.

      First, I pointed out the obvious problem with his post.

      Originally posted by Precarious
      ...

      You're kidding, right? They went on a whole tangent about it being a dumbtell, then you act like it a sudden brilliant discovery you made--and then you make the same dumbtell? There aren't variable mafia numbers. That was their point (I'll admit it took me longer than it should have to figure out what the problem was). The mafiascum link includes a T..TT..TTT etc. set-up with different wolf numbers, but that's not the case here (YoshL's T-rolls spoiler is different than the mafiascum page). There are three wolves in every configuration. The only question is whether or not there's a serial killer.
      To those actually following the discussion—who had commented on it and understood what the dumbtell was—this remark made sense.

      Originally posted by FreezinIce
      Lol blind

      How embarressing
      His initial reaction is to explain away his misreading as an immediate hot take to my initial post, although as I've demonstrated that's problematic because by his understanding there was nothing to react to.

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      Yeah, so i react to posts when i read them. I don't quote to use later and finish the thread and then write an entire novel to each of them.

      It's weak, get over it.
      Where Blind really undermines himself is in his reaction to Freezin's casual response.

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      What is?
      Blind doesn't understand what's embarrassing because he still doesn't realize that he committed the same dumbtell. He read into my statement what he wanted to read, missing the actual point—a point that was necessary to understand in order for his original post (What what what...) to make any sense at all.

      Every single post he made in this sequence drives home the fact that he didn't understand what was wrong with what I said initially, which not only shows that his criticism of it was falsely constructed, but that his extreme reaction was as well. It would be one thing to make a passing remark regarding the "how many mafia" thing, another entirely to do what he did.

      blindreper1179

      Comment

      • FreezinIce
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 265

        #2163
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        Oh so that's what you've been doing
        ========

        To let the world be.

        ========

        Originally posted by Charu
        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
        Originally posted by roundbox
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
        Originally posted by Red
        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
        Originally posted by TWG Ike
        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

        Comment

        • Celirra
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2015
          • 749

          #2164
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          did the quotes and the argument not line up very well for anyone else?
          ,,
           ,_, -ー'"{
           ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
           ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
          彡と} 猫.{つ

          Comment

          • YoshL
            Celestial Harbor
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2008
            • 6156

            #2165
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Votes from post 1861 to post 2164
            Night in 26:19:03

            ---
            • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
            • 1 -- Xiz -- the sun fan (60)
            • 1 -- inDheart -- FreezinIce (37)
            • 1 -- blindreper1179 -- Precarious (1)
            • 1 -- unvote -- Celirra (95)
            • 5 -- not voting -- blindreper1179 (17), Funnygurl555 (16), inDheart (30), Tps222 (5), Xiz (42)


            Originally posted by Charu
            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

            Comment

            • blindreper1179
              Vice President Of TGB
              • Jun 2006
              • 5902

              #2166
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              Sure, mass claiming sounds fun. Vt here for the 142577425785th time.

              I didn't dumb tell on the wolf number pre, i was saying at 6/7, which i missed 5, would be 2 wolves IF we were using wiki, but we're not, and i doubt we rolled 6/7. 5 may be possible, but ehhhh.


              You're wasting your time trying to construe my words honestly.
              Originally posted by thesunfan
              absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
              Originally posted by choof
              It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
              Originally posted by choof
              whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
              Originally posted by Celirra
              I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

              Comment

              • FreezinIce
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 265

                #2167
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Celirra
                did the quotes and the argument not line up very well for anyone else?
                I'm not parsing it very well.

                I think he's saying that blind is faking not knowing about the dumbtell?
                ========

                To let the world be.

                ========

                Originally posted by Charu
                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                Originally posted by roundbox
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                Originally posted by Red
                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                Comment

                • Celirra
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 749

                  #2168
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  why do blind and prec only exist when the other exists
                  zzzzz
                  ,,
                   ,_, -ー'"{
                   ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                   ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                  彡と} 猫.{つ

                  Comment

                  • blindreper1179
                    Vice President Of TGB
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 5902

                    #2169
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    Originally posted by Celirra
                    why do blind and prec only exist when the other exists
                    zzzzz
                    Ummm. Did you not see me at day start? Have you not seen me through out the day? That was pres literal first post of the day.


                    And you talk about only using examples to push a motive... :eyeroll:
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                    Originally posted by choof
                    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                    Originally posted by choof
                    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                    Originally posted by Celirra
                    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                    Comment

                    • blindreper1179
                      Vice President Of TGB
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 5902

                      #2170
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      So TTTRRK. So... we're missing one letter right?
                      Originally posted by thesunfan
                      absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                      Originally posted by choof
                      It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                      Originally posted by choof
                      whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                      Originally posted by Celirra
                      I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                      Comment

                      • blindreper1179
                        Vice President Of TGB
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 5902

                        #2171
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        Or does vanilla not mean a T for certain?
                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                        Originally posted by choof
                        It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                        Originally posted by choof
                        whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                        Originally posted by Celirra
                        I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #2172
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Or does vanilla not mean a T for certain?
                          It depends on what you're saying by this, but there is always at least 3 vanilla towns.
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #2173
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            I hardclaim vt btw
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Celirra
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 749

                              #2174
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by blindreper1179
                              Ummm. Did you not see me at day start? Have you not seen me through out the day? That was pres literal first post of the day.


                              And you talk about only using examples to push a motive... :eyeroll:
                              It's mostly just what first came to mind timing wise tbh
                              You're not wrong
                              ,,
                               ,_, -ー'"{
                               ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                               ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                              彡と} 猫.{つ

                              Comment

                              • blindreper1179
                                Vice President Of TGB
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 5902

                                #2175
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                It depends on what you're saying by this, but there is always at least 3 vanilla towns.
                                Im saying with the flips it's TTT. But if there is always 3 vts, then those could be moot for the role queue.
                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                                Originally posted by choof
                                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                                Originally posted by choof
                                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                                Comment

                                Working...