TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #61
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

    I think I need to work better on progressing my reads as a wolf using the game more. I'm generally ok at it as town and I think fixing that up woulda won us the game a day sooner.

    I'm also still pretty ass at being under pressure, but a chunk of that is my inherant disadvantage of eods always being where i am without a pc.

    Gotta learn to play around it.

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #62
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
      I think as a collective we made a few misplays as well. I wanna go over them later tonight
      Misplay 1

      -We never should have CFD'd Lar on D0.

      Think about this from a wagonomics perspective. On D0 you are unlikely to hit a wolf with a random cfd because the other wolves can influence the wagon. This is not true for greens or blues. When someone is not in the thread to defend themselves during a cfd, especially an unexpected one like MML's you open the door to the possibility of accidentally lynching your blues without them being able to claim. This won't happen every time, but the possibility is there.

      Your chances of cfding onto a blue are higher then cfding onto a wolf, and it makes cfding someone who isn't in the thread a bad D0 play.


      Misplay 2

      - Lynching sunfan

      I am aware I did nothing to help this, and I am also aware the lynch had some wolves driving it.

      When a player is as open as sunfan was during D1, and was making post after post from his headspace, and those posts made logical sense, generally that player is a human. I think people play too scared around players like sunfan, and they refuse to believe anything they say because "they could be a wolf".

      It is extremely difficult for a wolf to make extended arguments that connect over the course of the game. Sunfan's posts did that fairly well (they could have been a bit better because they looked scatterbrained to me), but they were enough to dispel my doubt on him.

      This happened again lategame when I freaked out over my xiz vote. I don't know how anyone left in the game still thought I was a wolf after that, but you need to be able to suspend your beliefs for a moment when reading posts from another player that let you into their headspace. You need to see if what they're saying makes sense and connects with their in game actions. I don't think cel did this (correct me if I'm wrong).



      -Some minor misplays

      Lynching blind was a misplay that was half his fault. You can't attach yourself to the wolfteam in posts and expect to not get pressured for it. Be more careful with your wording. On the converse side, maybe we shouldn't jump on obvious things like that so fast.

      Letting D4 go by with virtually no posts. No discourse lets the wolves coast, and law let the wolves coast. This factored into my xiz wolfread at the end, but it was too late to do anything about it.
      Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 08-30-2017, 07:50 PM.
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • Rapta
        🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
        Profile Moderator
        FFR Simfile Author
        Global Moderator
        • Dec 2010
        • 1948

        #63
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

        Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
        Coach me haku
        can i watch? i am curious as to how he would go about doing that
        Last edited by Rapta; 08-30-2017, 07:53 PM.
        Old Quotes
        Originally posted by IwasAsquidOnce
        Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
        Originally posted by Mourningfall
        [3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
        Originally posted by Xiz
        Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
        Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
        Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
        Originally posted by Prawnskunk
        if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
        Originally posted by gold stinger
        do u even agrabah
        Originally posted by gold stinger
        Today at 12:53 AM
        I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
        Originally posted by Psychotik
        When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
        Originally posted by Haku
        have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?




        Originally posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
        OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
        Originally posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
        We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
        Originally posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
        You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #64
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

          im just always scatterbrained manti
          I mean I am not saying its a good thing
          but its not gonna change without me having some kind of serious life changing experience or something
          I'm just an awkward motherfucker, straight up
          Last edited by the sun fan; 08-30-2017, 08:07 PM.
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • T-Force
            Your world ends with you
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 4753

            #65
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
            Tforce, the invite links have expired in the OP. Can you replace them with permalinks
            I mean, if you want, sure, but I was gonna ditch 'em in the next couple of days.
            Last edited by T-Force; 08-30-2017, 09:07 PM.
            Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #66
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

              I was myopically focused on xelnya so much that I was forced to hard defend rapta --- based on wagonomics I refused to believe xelnya and rapta were w/w and the effects of this helped to towns downfall

              this led me to believe manti was a wolf for pushing on rapta so hard instead of reading xelnya

              I slept through one of the eods making me effectively useless for that phase, and then I died


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #67
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                Originally posted by blindreper1179
                Also, I self voted to spite you round, I'm sorry.
                you got dunked on in my Phoenix Wright game

                what makes you think this game could have been better???

                blind will be my vote next game
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • Xiz
                  TWG Chaos
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 3399

                  #68
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                  round stop rolling pr and ill stop killiing you ty

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #69
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    round stop rolling pr and ill stop killiing you ty
                    xiz stop rolling wolf so town has a chance of winning
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #70
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                      if only my town game was good

                      Comment

                      • blindreper1179
                        Vice President Of TGB
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 5902

                        #71
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                        If it makes you feel any better sunfan, I read you town instead of being paranoid and not try to read you. I think you did well this game, but obviously "could of" done better.
                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                        Originally posted by choof
                        It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                        Originally posted by choof
                        whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                        Originally posted by Celirra
                        I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #72
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                          Originally posted by T-Force
                          I mean, if you want, sure, but I was gonna ditch 'em in the next couple of days.
                          I ask because I missed getting into wuffchat
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #73
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            round stop rolling pr and ill stop killiing you ty
                            But I wasn't targeted as a potential pr though
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #74
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                              GG Wolves. This is probably my last game since I simply do not have the schedule to commit to TWG anymore. I'll probably still read along though.

                              Originally posted by SunFan
                              roundbox couldn't get over me parking my vote (Which imo is a really bad reason to scumread someone!!!!! bein honest here)
                              You let Freezin use the shittiest logic to lynch me because you love Cel more.
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • Celirra
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 749

                                #75
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                You let Freezin use the shittiest logic to lynch me because you love Cel more.
                                Well I am pretty damn cute
                                ,,
                                 ,_, -ー'"{
                                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                                彡と} 猫.{つ

                                Comment

                                Working...