TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #3736
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

    It feels weird having to defend myself when I'm not really even being attacked, I'm just very uncomfortable going into the night and want to do everything I can to get it all down here

    So, I'd redirect you here as far as me and DBP, but I'd also have to ask the question about bussing/distancing if that were the case

    I'm trying to get you and sunfan to help me build my cases so I can analyze how you regard each other, so I'm trying to be neutral by not leaning particularly either way and weighing the options carefully. I have a bunch if quotes set aside right now, I've been rereading for hours lol

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • rzr
      TWG Veteran
      • Oct 2007
      • 7608

      #3737
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

      is eod today?

      Originally posted by darkshark
      Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
      Originally posted by aperson
      i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

      Originally posted by Sprite-
      More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
      yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

      i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

      Comment

      • botchi246
        Keepin it Real since '05
        • Mar 2005
        • 619

        #3738
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

        eod is today. pretty positive

        Comment

        • rzr
          TWG Veteran
          • Oct 2007
          • 7608

          #3739
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

          welp, I don't anticipate dying, I just want the PR's to have a really good plan here, I'd be nervous as all hell going into tomorrow with a sunfan wolf lol

          Originally posted by darkshark
          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
          Originally posted by aperson
          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #3740
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

            Originally posted by rzr
            welp, I don't anticipate dying, I just want the PR's to have a really good plan here, I'd be nervous as all hell going into tomorrow with a sunfan wolf lol
            I'm pretty sure that Red has made up his mind that botchi =/= wolf and that Jake is pretty close to it, so I think that the game is pretty clear cut at this point.

            I don't know if there's anything you can say that will stop your lynch from happening, and its not even necessarily anything you've done, its just what botchi/I have done.
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • rzr
              TWG Veteran
              • Oct 2007
              • 7608

              #3741
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

              Which truly throws me for a loop because I haven't seen that much -_-

              AA I think it was that said "These are not sunfan Tier posts" and then this is one of the only substantial reads lists I've seen so far. Again, not saying you're being lazy or anything, and I also understand classes are very time consuming. I just can't for the life of me see why I'd be a more logical lynch.

              It's like why bother signing up for the game when my try-hard posts are always overlooked, my detective work/logic is always called flawed or wrong (even when I've pinged out scum hard last few games), and because of this creating a "social stature" I'm an easy lynch target, could never be a successful wolf, and generally anything I do do for work just gets regarded as scummy any way. Tell me I'm wrong this is also not angry Ed posting, just a rant, and it's invis because I'm not trying to make this my point, again just ranting

              Originally posted by darkshark
              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
              Originally posted by aperson
              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

              Originally posted by Sprite-
              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #3742
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                I hate how I just missed him too - Red I mean

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • rzr
                  TWG Veteran
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 7608

                  #3743
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                  I take this as DBP distancing MML - I'm getting really damn curious about that flip now
                  But also, 2 posts later, here is DBP's thoughts on botchi

                  Originally posted by darkshark
                  Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                  Originally posted by aperson
                  i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                  Originally posted by Sprite-
                  More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                  Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                  yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                  i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #3744
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                    Originally posted by _Zenith_
                    I already commented on this when you tried to bring it up much earlier, talking about who is threatened by Charu does not help in any way shape or form on finding who his killer is or what the intentions were. Your guess is a good as mine.
                    just quoting this for laughs, note to self on Zenith's redirecting strategy
                    that also shows where I am in this reread - which I really hope gets looked at after I post. I'm seeeing a lot of DBP shit I've been skimming through.

                    Zenith, myself, and AA agreed DBP's post-claim remarks seem like he's genuinely hunting werewolves, and as AA said there's little-to-no chance DBP would bus his partner knowing they're the last one out there. This is a major date point for me

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • Gradiant
                      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 1100

                      #3745
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                      Originally posted by rzr
                      if anybody wants to pair me and Zenith up I ask you to do 2 things first:
                      im not, i'm pairing you with backpack. already said im sure of mml being zenith's partner

                      Comment

                      • Gradiant
                        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1100

                        #3746
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                        Originally posted by rzr
                        could never be a successful wolf
                        well you are still here until the last parts of the game so there's that

                        Comment

                        • rzr
                          TWG Veteran
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 7608

                          #3747
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                          How can you possibly pair me with backpack? DO I need to go over his tunneling on me? Maybe it's because I've spent the last 6 fuckin hours rereading this thread I can't believe how painfully obvious it is that sunfan is the last wolf

                          Originally posted by darkshark
                          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                          Originally posted by aperson
                          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                          Originally posted by Sprite-
                          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                          Comment

                          • rzr
                            TWG Veteran
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 7608

                            #3748
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                            Are you even reading what I've written or just picking out parts to build your case?

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                            Originally posted by aperson
                            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                            Originally posted by Sprite-
                            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #3749
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                              fuck it, this is everything I've reread and commented on up to page 167, I don't see the point n going on another 20 pages when nobody listens anyway so here (I'll re-quote the more important things):
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              yeah, I had forgotten that you had said you only had one partner
                              Given the set up we know now, I regard this as more of a town slip
                              Originally posted by botchi246
                              i have suspected lar since the beginning, page 43 reads list.
                              top scum:dbp, zenith, lar,
                              top town:aa, rb
                              nulls: everyone else
                              I don't know what to think of this. I don't think botchi would be a busser, again especially in this case. And given the no kill possibilities, I think botchi posting 3/4 wolves as his top scum leads (and him being a wolf) is slim to none odds.
                              Originally posted by lurker
                              i don't often see greg getting angry but holy shit backpack outing doesn't suddenly make this game the complete destruaction of TWG take a chill pill
                              Minor data point here that I believe I've mentioed already
                              Originally posted by _Zenith_
                              This post is so pure it hurts my nonexistent soul
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              See? That weird non-FFR posting I was talking about! Zenith doesn't compliment people lol
                              This was in regards to Zenith clearing MML. I don't take this as very genuine
                              http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...postcount=2766 - as much as I want to take this is as genuine, I don't it feels forced. Particularly things like "I am just an ordinary citizen." and "me saying rb is a wolf was just shitposting. " and saying I'm scummy, but leaving me completely out of his reads list.
                              Page 139 is chock full of examples why if MML/DBP, I would never ever vote for botchi. If MML/Zenith I could still be inclned to see the partnership between the other two. That and the following page, that is clear Zenith tunneling on Botchi - not bussing, not distancing. And botchi seems to get pretty irritated with Zenith. If MML/DBP, then I would bet my next paycheck it'd be Zenith/sunfan
                              Town points for botchi here http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...postcount=2810
                              Originally posted by botchi246
                              Jailing me is a waste, I dont have any powers to block. I would suggest MML or zenith
                              This pisses me off cuz I've been going out of my way not to say things like this
                              Originally posted by lurker
                              the number of deaths doesn't confirm anyone, even if it's zero
                              Redirect to here so that you guys remember if I'm jailed tonight and sunfan or whoever opts for a no kill, I'm probably getting lynched out of convenience, but just remember this, and this:
                              Originally posted by botchi246
                              Yah i see your reasoning, but what if you jail me and then there is only one night kill? That means the mafia held back their kill so they could frame me for a definite kill tomorrow.
                              =====================
                              This deserves special attention as it's been addressed a little bit
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              Votes from post 1919 to post 3074
                              Night in 0:01:23

                              Originally posted by botchi246
                              This jail is not gonna help town at all tomorrow, i hope you see that
                              I also don't see botchi or any newer player pushing the line here, this post was at exactly 10:00, I highly doubt a scum would risk a modkill (and he was modkilled the other game, so we know he's aware of the fact).
                              ---

                              :00 good :01 bad
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              mafia gon win
                              The only living non vote is botchi. I think DBP's implication refers to the actual people who voted for him. In this particular instance I would say that avoiding a vote on DBP, as his partner, would almost be detrimental to it.
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              this is kind of a complex question. The answer depends on whether or not you think you'll be targeted by the tracker vs targeted by the jailkeeper vs targeted by both vs targeted by neither
                              cop doesn't really factor in
                              Another data point. Seems like sunfan has thought out the no kill in detail
                              Originally posted by _Zenith_
                              Oh.Maybe? Unless he meant track as in scumhunt but yeah, that's a weird choice of wording
                              This definitelymakes me feel stronger about Zenith/MML
                              WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              why did you check gradiant
                              and yeah a check on me probably would've solved the game
                              I also notice after this AA calls out sunfan quite a bit - and then who dies in the night?
                              Again the only person to bring up a no kill - http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...postcount=3188
                              follow up with post 3190 leads me to think 99% sunfan already knew people were suspcious of him, and he knew based on claims at this point that people would be seering him one way or another. If DBP was sunfan's partner a no kill from here on out seems to be (just about) his only choice for remaining UTR. Another reason for the cop to get killed before the tracker
                              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                              zenith, MML, sunfan why did you all vote me immediately especially MML because I don't like his reaction the most
                              AA makes a good point here, and it's quite a coincidence MML and Zenith are here along next to sunfan, and says it was to apply pressure which I don't really believe. AA already had the pressure - there was a solid lack of a death and he was jailed, already gaining attention and had 2 votes real quick. Pressure, or at least l-2 pressure, seems unwarranted in this instance and frankly opportunistic

                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              btw, in case anyone was not aware, and I am positive of this, the follower can make the nightkill and use their power on someone in the same night, so yeah, I'm not confirmed from Jake's result
                              Again what? I just find this such an odd post to make - I am all for providing both sides of the situation, but this just seems so out of place
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Welp, this is alot to take in.
                              unvote for now. Worst case we play it safe and lynch Botchi. I know he's gonna flip red
                              From here you can completely assume botchi is almost cleared - both followers are dead and the only way mml COULD "KNOW" BOTCHI WOULD FLIP RED WOULD BE TO HAVE FOLLOWED HIM. Which he obviously didn't - so I see 2 possibilities:
                              MML's partner followed botchi and found him to be the rival faction (though I can't explain why he would still be alive at this point) or botchi has to be town. I think there might be a small chance he is scum, but I don't think the evidence points that way here, and it's totally worth noting sunfan's reply to MML's statement:
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              heh
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              yes, Zenith, Jake is right you're not making sense unless you're hardclaiming wolf.

                              You cannot assume that Jake is the cop AND assume that he got a red on you unless you're a wolf.

                              That's why he's bothered by what you said, as am I
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              I think MML is the best kill, actually
                              The only post in between these two is Gradiant asking Zenith the same question. Explain to me, sunfan, why you don't think Zenith would have been a better option considering this major slip? Of course, MML's tracker slip was already noted, but this would bring me closer to believing sunfan/Zenith combo is plausible
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              @Red I don't follow. I don't think wolves would send a nokill specifically for that reason but ok I guess...
                              Is this a small slip? Perhaps because sunfan would know why the wolves would no kill and botchi's statement irked him - either way leading me further away from botchi
                              Also, on page 165 just about everybody asks Sunfan to elaborate on when he said his top read was MML. Based on what I've already said, I would think that it's very possible Sunfan's follower partner followed MML and got that read, and with him gaining traction for a lynch there would be no point in killing him in the night. I'm starting to think the term slank was invented for you Greg
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              I think that we can consider me to be confirmed if the werewolf goon should ever be flipped, right?
                              What?

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • rzr
                                TWG Veteran
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 7608

                                #3750
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D3)

                                Screw it, this is one of the best quotes in the whole damn thing take it or leave it
                                WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                why did you check gradiant
                                and yeah a check on me probably would've solved the game

                                Originally posted by darkshark
                                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                                Originally posted by aperson
                                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                                Originally posted by Sprite-
                                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                                Comment

                                Working...