TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #76
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

    Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
    OKay, drop the drama and shitpost then.
    So... shitposting = okay?


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #77
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

      better then dramaqueening
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #78
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

        Hell yeah!


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • rzr
          TWG Veteran
          • Oct 2007
          • 7608

          #79
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

          It's cool with me man, I'm not gonna fight with you I don't have a problem, I just want to enjoy this game w/o constantly being chastised. Read this post and maybe you guys will understand where I'm coming from, it is fair to say <90% of my posts in or out of game are criticized on a regular basis, and many times for what ends up being a wrong or a frivolous reason.


          Originally posted by rzr
          Red's got bad luck with this shit - you guys know my input, I say let him play, but with Gradiant/Yosh I know that can get touchy.
          As Yosh and sunfan are our newest local mods, I suppose we should leave it up to them, and it's YoshL game so.. yeahh
          How is this an insult? How is this me saying "Oh yosh won't let this guy play wtf"

          All I said was IMO he should be able to play, and obviously he is. I didn't make a dig at you about being a mod, I was saying it's better for us to leave it up to the host and mods because you guys shot down my suggestion at reviving the TWC for these penalties.

          Like seriously, I'm being "accused" of all this drama, reread what I said I never attacked you and I never was rude, don't exaggerate to try and make your point and throw me under the bus.

          I said
          Originally posted by rzr
          Unless someone else is hosting it ay - and of that were true why did we skip last month

          No excuses Yosh!
          How is this an insult, and why are you bringing it up? All I said was someone else could host it too and help bring more activity. I was, if you'd noticed w/ sunfan earlier, implying that I wouldn't mind buying a subscription and trying to help out. Plenty of people mentioned things work well enough now and we can leave it at that, in no way was I implying "Wow cmon yosh why didn't you host ltwg last month there's no excuse"

          This isn't drama, it's us discussing our opinions on what happened, and if you guys want to kick me out or ban me then fine.

          It's just not fair for you to, as you said, spin me in a bad light. I never said half of what you're accusing me of, and you literally pull my posts out of context to make them into an exaggeration.

          Sorry Manti, I feel strongly about this and I don't mind facing a ban to make it clear I didn't start anything. I never said you are a bad person, I never said you are wrong for not letting him play, ALL I SAID WAS I THINK HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY. And you go and twist that and make everyone look at me like I'm starting drama, when all I'm doing is defending myself from you.

          Why don't we take this into PM land if you really have a problem with everything I post, it seems like a modkill is in the works and I'd like to avoid something like that.

          And let me reiterate, I have no problems with you dude you're taking things wrong, twisting some of them completely, and that implies you have a problem with me. I don't care I just want to have fun here and not have everything I say in game or out of game turned against me. Is that so wrong? What's the point in playing when you're walking on egg shells for being criticized for every move? It's demotivating and frustrating, that's something nobody, with or without power, should make another player feel.


          Last edited by rzr; 01-19-2016, 03:50 PM.

          Originally posted by darkshark
          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
          Originally posted by aperson
          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

          Comment

          • Gradiant
            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 1100

            #80
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

            Don't

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #81
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

              less than or greater than
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #82
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                greater than, might have hit the wrong key, idk all I was saying is it sucks constantly feeling under a microscope. Always getting lynched early, and all my posts town/scum always "come across with a scummy tone." I feel like a lot of times my words are taken out of context, and yeah that definitely might be me not phrasing things properly. But some things here are straight-out unfair, without trying to brew a storm I'm trying to defend myself. I'm not attacking anyone - I'm trying to find middle ground with whoever thinks I'm out of line

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #83
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                  You remind me of me when I played my first 10 or so games of TWG

                  I've rescinded a bit over the last month on my terrible attitude and behavior but I just cannot help but feel reminded of my past self when I look at you now, rzr, in TWG terms of yourself.





                  Comment

                  • _Zenith_
                    Accuracy Player
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4629

                    #84
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                    Originally posted by _Zenith_
                    You remind me of me when I played my first 10 or so games of TWG

                    I've rescinded a bit over the last month on my terrible attitude and behavior but I just cannot help but feel reminded of my past self when I look at you now, rzr, in TWG terms of yourself.
                    To add, when I was really on my bad side, YoshL gave some critical advice that helped me steer away from it; Look at yourself from multiple angles.

                    That little piece of advice went a long way imo and it can surely be applied here.





                    Comment

                    • YoshL
                      Celestial Harbor
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 6156

                      #85
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                      "but with Gradiant/YoshL it can get touchy"

                      how else was I supposed to interpret that, other than "Yosh has questionable modding tendencies"

                      "something about getting modkilled"

                      Why would i modkill someone because I don't like them.

                      "no excuse for hosting ltwg"

                      again, it's been said a bunch of times. Zoom requires a paid subscription.

                      "always under a microscope"

                      If it's so easy for people to generally misconstrue your intentions in your posts, what does that really mean.

                      *complaining about getting read scummy*

                      ??????????????????????????????? what

                      plus that last post i made was in no ways an attack on you, but rather how I was interpreting your actions. Take it or leave it, that's how I interpreted your posts. In the end, I may be interpreting your words wrong, but if it's a constant happening, there must be something wrong with things overall.


                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #86
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                        Originally posted by rzr
                        greater than, might have hit the wrong key, idk all I was saying is it sucks constantly feeling under a microscope. Always getting lynched early, and all my posts town/scum always "come across with a scummy tone." I feel like a lot of times my words are taken out of context, and yeah that definitely might be me not phrasing things properly. But some things here are straight-out unfair, without trying to brew a storm I'm trying to defend myself. I'm not attacking anyone - I'm trying to find middle ground with whoever thinks I'm out of line
                        If you don't like feeling like you're under a microscope, TWG is certainly not your game. But I think that may not be what you're referring to?

                        Getting lynched early sucks, and coming across with a scummy tone is something that really depends on the people you play with more than anything else, to be honest. I'm not really sure how to give advice one way or another on this. As long as this meta exists, wolves are going to take advantage of it, which may be part of why dAnceguy was able to get away with shooting you so easily last game, to use an example from recent memory. I would encourage you to try and break from this meta, and I certainly know you're trying. I do think that, after either enough times of being lynched (the less favorable option) or, becoming more acclimated to the new times (a lot of older players have had a very hard time adapting to the new meta when they've come back to play TWG, Jurs, Afro, Devonin, Gun, to name a few) in order to get there.

                        Back when a player named Slip first started playing on Dailymafia, he was lynched D1 every single game he was in. His nickname was Captain Mislynch. Over time, he got much, much better, and people got better at reading him. Now, he is the 1/2 of the head of DM, and might be the most respected player. And he did this relatively quickly.

                        I'm not sure what to tell you or what advice to give you other than some of it just comes with TWG, and some of it comes with knowing the people you're playing with. I have to admit that I don't really remember you dying early that often recently.

                        Anyways, I think that, when just playing the game with the same people, you'll get better at not getting mislynched. I wish I could draw a graph to show what I mean by this, but I think you get the idea.
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • YoshL
                          Celestial Harbor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 6156

                          #87
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                          i'm actually still confused as to whether or not rzr wants to leave his spot on the game roster, until then..


                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                          Comment

                          • rzr
                            TWG Veteran
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 7608

                            #88
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                            Originally posted by YoshL
                            "but with Gradiant/YoshL it can get touchy"

                            how else was I supposed to interpret that, other than "Yosh has questionable modding tendencies"

                            "something about getting modkilled"

                            Why would i modkill someone because I don't like them.

                            "no excuse for hosting ltwg"

                            again, it's been said a bunch of times. Zoom requires a paid subscription.

                            "always under a microscope"

                            If it's so easy for people to generally misconstrue your intentions in your posts, what does that really mean.

                            *complaining about getting read scummy*

                            ??????????????????????????????? what

                            plus that last post i made was in no ways an attack on you, but rather how I was interpreting your actions. Take it or leave it, that's how I interpreted your posts. In the end, I may be interpreting your words wrong, but if it's a constant happening, there must be something wrong with things overall.
                            You obviously have no motivation to actually talk to me. Your quote walls are just taking what I said and pulling them out of context. I don't understand what advice you're trying to give me, all I see is you trying to tear me down and literally break apart everything I say to make your case. If you're going to be this stuck up then fine.

                            You clearly have an issue with me you're not willing to elaborate on, you've made no attempt to be polite or understand where I'm coming from, you literally twist everything I say and make me look like an ass. If it was just me people might address these things on a regular basis, but you, Yosh, take an issue with everything I post.

                            It's a sad day when the moderator can be so unprofessional and rude that they literally drive players away from the game/site. You think I'm the first person to say this? Nobody cares if your an ass hole dude, we're all ass holes. It's when you target people, like Red, or myself. How was any of what you said justified, and in comparison to what I said? "always under a microscope" wasn't about you, but hey, good thing you got to drop your comments in there anyway. *complaining about getting read scummy* not directed at you, but hey why don't you drop your comment in there. Gradiant/YoshL getting touchy - why would that mean you have questionable modding tendencies? I'm clearly referring to the last game you hosted when Gradiant played and you guys didn't want Red to play. What does that even have to do with your modding tendencies? Lastly, when did I say you should host the lTWG game? All I said was someone else being the host could provide more time, why are you stressing on something that is soooooooo dead? I offered to buy a Zoom, like seriously, all this is is an attempt to make me look bad.

                            You won.


                            @sunfan, you know, somehow you always come in and have the most neutral but effective comment. I appreciate what you're saying, and I know (we all do) that there are certain aspects of my gameplay that I need to work on, and some that I have been trying to work on.

                            You were right, I'm not necessarily referring to being under a microscope in terms of gameplay, that is when you expect to be of course.
                            I meant more like right now, where I said something and it was mistaken for a rude comment, and then because Yosh said that everyone assumed it, and now I'm accused of starting drama and being the bad guy. I wish people would look at the big picture, I said what I said and Yosh jumped all over me - just like he's been doing. It's demoralizing and pushes me/people away from wanting to play when you know you can't raise a concern, because Yosh will just squash whatever you say before it gets to light.
                            What's the point in bothering? Take a game I've been playing for 10 years and shit all over it. I think we've all played with people who are frustrating, or we don't like in general. That's like work or any part of life. It's insulting that Yosh is clearly taking my words and twisting them. All of us here are analytical people, it's not hard to say Yosh is accusing me of saying things I'm not even saying.

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                            Originally posted by aperson
                            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                            Originally posted by Sprite-
                            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #89
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              i'm actually still confused as to whether or not rzr wants to leave his spot on the game roster, until then..
                              I'm in this game unless you don't want me to play. As the host you can feel free to say that and I won't take offense at this point. But if you want me to play please can we drop this? I don't know what your problem with me is, but if you want to bring it to PM land like I said then do it, making me look bad ITT isn't doing anything positive for the direction I know we're both trying to go in.

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #90
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup (signups)

                                if ffr keeps loading this slowly I'm going to replace out
                                I don't feel like spending 5 minutes waiting for a post to time out

                                Comment

                                Working...