AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fireking550
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2006
    • 171

    #31
    Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

    Tokzic, i am pretty sure that you can't turn overdrive off on your own, it might be a cheat though but without the cheat you can't. And about using it in general, i think it should be allowed, it might cut down on the technical skill but it still is part of the original game and should be accounted for, if you can't coordinate overdrive correctly its just the same as missing notes so i say allow it away.


    Big Time Boston Fan, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, beat that line-up

    Originally posted by Kibblre
    New mission: I will attempt to get "Meep" banned from my school, as well.

    Comment

    • MrMagic5239
      FFR Veteran
      • Feb 2007
      • 4096

      #32
      Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

      I think everyone should post if they DLC in their post's, just to clarify if it can be used or not.

      If one person in any division doesn't have it then that division can't use DLC, obviously
      ~Grand Chase Stats~
      Elesis (Knight/Spearman/Sword Master/ Savior) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
      Lire (Archer/Crossbowmen/Arch Ranger/Nova) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
      Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
      Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
      Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
      Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
      Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
      Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
      Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #33
        Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

        Originally posted by fireking550
        Tokzic, i am pretty sure that you can't turn overdrive off on your own, it might be a cheat though but without the cheat you can't. And about using it in general, i think it should be allowed, it might cut down on the technical skill but it still is part of the original game and should be accounted for, if you can't coordinate overdrive correctly its just the same as missing notes so i say allow it away.
        Yeah, this. It's not like Overdrive is unfair, it's an element of the game and should be used.

        Originally posted by MrMagic5239
        I think everyone should post if they DLC in their post's, just to clarify if it can be used or not.

        If one person in any division doesn't have it then that division can't use DLC, obviously
        I'd love to use DLC, but the problem is that nobody is going to have the same DLC. I have about 10, 15% of the DLC. And if we're all going on the same song (which we still need to know about), this will make it a nightmare to coordinate. "Does everyone have the SOAD content? No? Okay, does everyone have the Judas Priest album? Jane's Addiction? QOTSA?"

        More trouble than it's worth.

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • tha Guardians
          MCDC 2011
          • Nov 2006
          • 1680

          #34
          Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

          Like I said though, all tournaments include overdrive/star power. I just think it would be unique to skip that asset of the game. There's nothing that can really boost your score on FFR like that, so I think it would feel more like an FFR tournament.

          It's probably more trouble than it's worth, though.

          Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
          can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

          Originally posted by Synthlight
          I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

          Cheers,

          Synthlight

          Comment

          • AC1speakerbox
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2006
            • 1242

            #35
            Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

            IMO, we don't need to strive to be more like the ffr tournaments.
            This tournament is a novelty, so I think we should rather keep all of the gameplay elements in Rock Band unaltered.

            Comment

            • tha Guardians
              MCDC 2011
              • Nov 2006
              • 1680

              #36
              Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

              I lose.
              Still gonna enjoy the tournament though.
              When does this thing start up?

              Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
              can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

              Originally posted by Synthlight
              I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

              Cheers,

              Synthlight

              Comment

              • AC1speakerbox
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2006
                • 1242

                #37
                Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                Immediately after signups end.
                Tourney starts on July 4th

                Comment

                • tha Guardians
                  MCDC 2011
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 1680

                  #38
                  Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                  butbutbut
                  Fireworks

                  Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                  can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                  Originally posted by Synthlight
                  I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                  Cheers,

                  Synthlight

                  Comment

                  • AC1speakerbox
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 1242

                    #39
                    Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                    Originally posted by tha Guardians
                    butbutbut
                    Fireworks
                    I lold

                    Comment

                    • Cyanite
                      SIT THE **** DOWN.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 1174

                      #40
                      Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                      I'm suggesting we do a Rock Band 2 tournament immediately after this one. The RB1 setlist more or less sucks compared to RB2, I'm kind of disappointed by this decision.


                      Originally posted by KgZ
                      oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

                      Comment

                      • AC1speakerbox
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1242

                        #41
                        Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                        ^ Yes.
                        Those are my feelings exactly

                        Comment

                        • tha Guardians
                          MCDC 2011
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 1680

                          #42
                          Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                          Agreed, but at least we get to play on RB2.
                          If I had it my way, this would be a GH3 tournament.

                          Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                          can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                          Originally posted by Synthlight
                          I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                          Cheers,

                          Synthlight

                          Comment

                          • dore
                            caveman pornstar
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 6317

                            #43
                            Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                            another important thing I forgot about vocals (sorry):

                            The PS2 also uses a different engine than next-gen consoles in that multipliers count for tambourines on PS2 but don't for other systems. The easiest solution would be to disallow tambos but there's no way to enforce that so you'd probably have to figure out a way to take away that advantage by subtracting the extra possible score from all PS2 players. I think this also applies to RB1 Wii but I can't remember.

                            sorry for making it so difficult lol

                            also you should just use RB2, it would make things easier
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #44
                              Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                              Originally posted by BloodyPieIsGood
                              Btw, I use the same setup as Midnight since we are brothers.
                              Just to make sure everyone knows. This is a fact. When we do our screen shots we'll be next to the TV.
                              Edit: Also if this helps, his gamer tag is Boldshot493182 and I'm Cornandbeans.
                              Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 06-27-2009, 12:44 AM.

                              Comment

                              • tha Guardians
                                MCDC 2011
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 1680

                                #45
                                Re: AC1's First Rock Band Tournament!

                                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                                Just to make sure everyone knows. This is a fact. When we do our screen shots we'll be next to the TV.
                                Edit: Also if this helps, his gamer tag is Boldshot493182 and I'm Cornandbeans.

                                Oshi.
                                Ian?
                                Hi!!!

                                You're on my friends list.
                                On myspace and xbl.
                                Music is great :thumbsup:

                                Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                                can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight

                                Comment

                                Working...